Where Are?????

That's another key point about all of this -- if Norvell gets canned, NO ONE is gonna want that job.
Worse for them, is that if they go 2-9/3-8 this year based on their schedule, the pressure on Norvell next year will be insane. Not to mention FSU is out of $$$ to buy him out or go after someone else. Either way, long way to go for him. But he's got a top to bottom rebuild over there that'll take 2 seasons to show some results.

Advertisement
Our only hope is that the FSU fanbase, and the athletic department have an entitled sense of deserving another National Title that they get tired of Norvell’s rebuild efforts and can him prematurely.

The problem here is we're dissociating actual wins from the product on the field. If Taggart wasn't a complete and total three-ring circus master, his record might have gotten him more time. There are already rumblings about the players not liking him (just based on what I've heard in this thread), so if he's losing AND the culture stays a mess, he might not get time to bring in his own guys.

Worse for them, is that if they go 2-9/3-8 this year based on their schedule, the pressure on Norvell next year will be insane. Not to mention FSU is out of $$$ to buy him out or go after someone else. Either way, long way to go for him. But he's got a top to bottom rebuild over there that'll take 2 seasons to show some results.

Especially if some of the players opt out and the team looks like dog****. If the recruiting suffers (which it probably will by all accounts, as the product isn't good and Norvell doesn't have Florida ties), put that program to sleep.

People in Tally have other important ways to spend their money, like Beam, meth, guns and lifted pickups.

The problem here is we're dissociating actual wins from the product on the field. If Taggart wasn't a complete and total three-ring circus master, his record might have gotten him more time. There are already rumblings about the players not liking him (just based on what I've heard in this thread), so if he's losing AND the culture stays a mess, he might not get time to bring in his own guys.
Well then, fire up those lemonade stands and fire Norvell TODAY, Noles!!!

Advertisement
Keep sucking the loser off. His roster is a **** Ton better than the team he played tonight. He’s supposed to be some x and o savant but couldn’t muster more than 13 points.

Your the one who should be in here taking ur L but here u go trying to die in that hill

*You're.

Advertisement
FSU was ****ed financially before COVID, now they're insanely screwed and can't afford to get rid of Norvell unless they have some ridiculous clauses in his contract...which I doubt they did

GT is going to be good... their rookie QB made some blunders but he looked poised as ever. They are going to be a problem soon.

Norvell looked like a deer in headlights, not a confident leader to me. He doesn't seem to be a good recruiter and has no South FL ties. F$U downed the ball with 1 second left before the half rather than using a timeout, nearly failing to get the play off due to bad coaching. Granted, the FG attempt was missed, but that's not the point. He wasn't situationally aware.
Just watched his presser. He looked the same way. He knows its a rebuild situation but probably promised immediate results. The so called talent on the field is not as good as it is on paper. He better find a way to upgrade the talent fast.

Advertisement
dont recall many saying anything positive about Fuente 2.0
Some went into chicken little meltdown when our Canes "lost out" on the hot up and coming name of our savior JF.

Funny things happen when those shiny new pennies almost always lose their luster in CFB.

Advertisement
Hahaha. You know you’ve got someone when all they can Comeback with is a ghey *** attempt to be the grammar police.
How about this....YOU’RE still choking on the dudes shaft who just lost to GT
12XGECQYa80YAo.gif

This is kind of the right reaction and kind of not.

It would be one thing if the last HC got hired by an NFL team, they had a good season, and they were breaking in a new HC/system. But FSU has been looking like the clown college they are for a few years now. I honestly think that backpack hurt them worse than it seems -- it was an absolute laughingstock across all CFB. It got to the point where when they busted it out, the cameras cut away from it.

Even IF they recruit well, the culture is a disaster there. Much like we're fighting back from, but at least we're not terribly far removed from being the #2 team in the country. It's not just getting the guys, it's building a cohesive team and righting the ship. Again, much like us, but they don't have a D'Eriq King, and their best players already have a foot out the door.
FSU now also joins the club of losing to a team getting acquainted with forward pass concepts. Terrible look for Manuela, equally bad for Norvy-norv.

I will say however, don't sleep on HC Collins. Showing (ok still early) Bronc-esque ability in coaching and program building.

Advertisement
Back