Where Are?????

Advertisement
FSU has a bad AD, a booster org interfering, bad recruiting for several years, and a culture of failure has set in. Norvell didn't do himself any favors with his hoodie/earring rule and lying about having conversations. I am suspect about why he was willing to take a sht job, even for a bigger paycheck.

This is kind of the right reaction and kind of not.

It would be one thing if the last HC got hired by an NFL team, they had a good season, and they were breaking in a new HC/system. But FSU has been looking like the clown college they are for a few years now. I honestly think that backpack hurt them worse than it seems -- it was an absolute laughingstock across all CFB. It got to the point where when they busted it out, the cameras cut away from it.

Even IF they recruit well, the culture is a disaster there. Much like we're fighting back from, but at least we're not terribly far removed from being the #2 team in the country. It's not just getting the guys, it's building a cohesive team and righting the ship. Again, much like us, but they don't have a D'Eriq King, and their best players already have a foot out the door.
Keep sucking the loser off. His roster is a **** Ton better than the team he played tonight. He’s supposed to be some x and o savant but couldn’t muster more than 13 points.

Your the one who should be in here taking ur L but here u go trying to die in that hill

Advertisement
Will FSU give it that long if it's an embarrassment? They weren't exactly patient with Taggart, and while yeah, that was a total $#!+show, he wasn't exactly losing 11 games a season.
I don't think they have a choice right now. What's the other option? They'd need to buy a top flight coach who is out of the game (e.g., Meyer), but their financial situation is not that.

They need to give Cornvell at least 3 years.

I think FSU has issues from top to bottom. Norvell's not the guy to fix problems that are bigger than he is. You also have to wonder why he took a job that was a known shtshow.
Money, and national recognition.

I don't think they have a choice right now. What's the other option? They'd need to buy a top flight coach who is out of the game (e.g., Meyer), but their financial situation is not that.

They need to give Cornvell at least 3 years.

While this is a rational approach... we're talking about FSU here. They ran Bowden off, didn't even have a retirement party for him, then ran off Jimbo, then made a TERRIBLE hire in Taggart, which most people knew before he coached a game at FSU.

Their other choice is to dig themselves in a deeper hole.

Advertisement
While this is a rational approach... we're talking about FSU here. They ran Bowden off, didn't even have a retirement party for him, then ran off Jimbo, then made a TERRIBLE hire in Taggart, which most people knew before he coached a game at FSU.

Their other choice is to dig themselves in a deeper hole.
I'd love to see their hole get deeper. I just think they are out of options right now.

I'd love to see their hole get deeper. I just think they are out of options right now.
Oh for sure. Their biggest hope was Mark Stoops and UK keeps upping his salary and worshipping him like a National Title winner after a 10 win season. No way Stoops walks into the Coach Grinder of Tallahassee now. The fans have high expectations and the players are self entitled. They were booing Jimbo and kicked Bobby to the curb before that. If that’s how a program treats title winners, who would line up?

Advertisement
Tonight’s diaster comes down to one word,..Blackman.Million dollar talent, Ten Cent head.

GT made a **** good hire. They’re going to be a problem going forward.

FSU’s entire program is total dog ****.
Geoff Collins is a **** of a recruiter and coach. Once he has his personnel up there in Atlanta, they're going to be a really solid team. Their young QB Sims has the potential to be really good.

Oh for sure. Their biggest hope was Mark Stoops and UK keeps upping his salary and worshipping him like a National Title winner after a 10 win season. No way Stoops walks into the Coach Grinder of Tallahassee now. The fans have high expectations and the players are self entitled. They were booing Jimbo and kicked Bobby to the curb before that. If that’s how a program treats title winners, who would line up?
TBD if Norvell is able to turn them around, but tonight was a terrible start. Team looks exactly like it did last year. I'm not high on him, even with his time at Memphis. Fuente handed him that program on auto-pilot, though he did take what he had an exceeded Fuente comparatively. Either way, completely different when it's a top to bottom rebuild like FSU is right now.

Advertisement

That's another key point about all of this -- if Norvell gets canned, NO ONE is gonna want that job.

That's another key point about all of this -- if Norvell gets canned, NO ONE is gonna want that job.
Our only hope is that the FSU fanbase, and the athletic department have an entitled sense of deserving another National Title that they get tired of Norvell’s rebuild efforts and can him prematurely.

Advertisement
Back