Where Are?????

Advertisement
I thought Norvell was a good X's & O's guru & he was one of the coaches along with Josh Heupel that I considered we should hire when Richt stepped down.

I'll hold an L, but I still think he's a good Offensive coach from his time at AZ St & Memphis, he just has a shìt squad that Taggart left him with no QB.

Even with that said, the moment he was hired by FSU I had us beating them with ease.

Advertisement
GT made a **** good hire. They’re going to be a problem going forward.

FSU’s entire program is total dog ****.
I think FSU has issues from top to bottom. Norvell's not the guy to fix problems that are bigger than he is. You also have to wonder why he took a job that was a known shtshow.

I thought Norvell was a good X's & O's guru & he was one of the coaches along with Josh Heupel that I considered we should hire when Richt stepped down.

I'll hold an L, but I still think he's a good Offensive coach from his time at AZ St & Memphis, he just has a shìt squad that Taggart left him with no QB.

Even with that said, the moment he was hired by FSU I had us beating them with ease.
I gotta hold that L too. But I’d let him get his dudes in there. That FSU roster is bare. Hopefully Jimbo leaving is the start of a 20 year coaching carousel for them.

Advertisement

I saw your comment in the game thread about our puzzie fans and cowering after the first score. I thought it was spot on.

here’s the thing. Norvell took over a successful programs at the time he was hired that had players who were better than the rest of the conference. **** is easy almost when he was given the keys to a caddie in Con USA. Can he build? Well see but I’m willing to bet no. That’s because he’s going to have a hard time recruiting florida with his rigid ness. I mean how many of his own players have come out against him already?

I gotta hold that L too. But I’d let him get his dudes in there. That FSU roster is bare. Hopefully Jimbo leaving is the start of a 20 year coaching carousel
If he doesn’t win he won’t be able to croot. Not sure he’ll be able to croot anyways with his rigid rules. His own team has come out against him like 3-4 times already.

Advertisement
Norvell looked like a deer in headlights, not a confident leader to me. He doesn't seem to be a good recruiter and has no South FL ties. F$U downed the ball with 1 second left before the half rather than using a timeout, nearly failing to get the play off due to bad coaching. Granted, the FG attempt was missed, but that's not the point. He wasn't situationally aware.

Advertisement
I gotta hold that L too. But I’d let him get his dudes in there. That FSU roster is bare. Hopefully Jimbo leaving is the start of a 20 year coaching carousel for them.

This is kind of the right reaction and kind of not.

It would be one thing if the last HC got hired by an NFL team, they had a good season, and they were breaking in a new HC/system. But FSU has been looking like the clown college they are for a few years now. I honestly think that backpack hurt them worse than it seems -- it was an absolute laughingstock across all CFB. It got to the point where when they busted it out, the cameras cut away from it.

Even IF they recruit well, the culture is a disaster there. Much like we're fighting back from, but at least we're not terribly far removed from being the #2 team in the country. It's not just getting the guys, it's building a cohesive team and righting the ship. Again, much like us, but they don't have a D'Eriq King, and their best players already have a foot out the door.

They will start turning it around in 2022. But until then, it's going to be a rough ride. Their roster will probably be weaker in '21 than this year. They need recruiting and a couple of transfer windows.

They will start turning it around in 2022. But until then, it's going to be a rough ride. Their roster will probably be weaker in '21 than this year. They need recruiting and a couple of transfer windows.

Will FSU give it that long if it's an embarrassment? They weren't exactly patient with Taggart, and while yeah, that was a total $#!+show, he wasn't exactly losing 11 games a season.

Advertisement
Back