Where are Cane fans in the clear-cut majority?

All the hoods in Miami are all mostly cane fans. Some of the suburban kids back for UF and FSU cause they left to go to school there. I grew up in Kendall and westchester. It was all canes in my days. The focus shifted to the Miami Heat for a while cause they were the Miami team that had been doing the most winning. But a lot of the average fans are jumping back on the canes band wagon. It was hard for them during the golden and Shannon years.

Unfortunately we don't have a big representation in the rest of the state. That's the cost of being a private school with a small alumni base.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm in Guantanamo Bay (the naval station) and I have seen exactly 2 hurricanes shirts in the 6 months I been here. Of course, I'm constantly repping the U here. Get the stink eye from everyone when I do lol

For once in my life, I'd like to live in a place where Canes are in the majority and UF/FSU fans are in the distinct minority.

Dude, revel in the fact you don't like the team everyone else likes where you live. Before I moved to Florida (and promptly became a Hurricane fan, true to form) I was on Long Island rooting for the Mets when Reggie bars were in all the candy stores and the Yankees were winning pennants and World Series' in the mid 70s. I rooted for hapless Lou Holtz, a crippled Joe Namath and the crappy Jets when everyone on the island seemed to be from Pittsburgh. I started watching pro basketball and was immediately drawn to the red, white, and blue ball and the Nets, when the Knicks were defending NBA champions. I've lived for being the contrarian and sometimes that popular team can fail in a most spectacular way which makes it all worthwhile:

In 1979, my hockey team, the upstart NY Islanders (of course) had the best regular season record in the NHL and (again) lost in the playoffs, but this time to the more popular NY Rangers, who made the Stanley Cup Finals. To capitalize on the popularity of the "Broadway Blueshirts," a designer jeans company thought a commercial featuring some team players would really sell their product in the NY metro area:

[video=youtube;UilzHNm95Qg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UilzHNm95Qg[/video]

Yes, it does get better;my Islanders then went on to win the next FOUR Stanley Cups in a row...Then my 'Canes started their run, embarrassing all the "Blue Bloods" of college football. Life can be sweet being the stick in the mud!

Advertisement
For once in my life, I'd like to live in a place where Canes are in the majority and UF/FSU fans are in the distinct minority.

Dude, revel in the fact you don't like the team everyone else likes where you live. ... Life can be sweet being the stick in the mud!

Good point, my Cane brotha :neonu:

I think the real issue is my absolute and probably unhealthy hatred for Florida State and Florida.

It didn't matter if I was living in Pensacola or Jax or Ocala or Daytona, I always seemed to run into the worst kinds of Gators and Noles.

It's hard for me to let those things go.

I get ****ed off everytime I walk into a store around here in Tampa and see USF/UCF/fsu/uf merchandise but no Miami. And that's literally every store around here...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Talking location here.

Is it all of Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties?

I think someone posted here a little while back that "Cane Country" is essentially Dade and Broward from Fort Lauderdale south to the county line. Head north towards Pompano Beach and out come the Holes, Gaytors and others. I'd like to learn what those in-the-know have observed.

I hope to relocate to SoFla in the not too distant future. For once in my life, I'd like to live in a place where Canes are in the majority and UF/FSU fans are in the distinct minority.

Dade County, Georgia

Live in Coral Springs. The original townspeople before the population boom in the early 2000's are Canes and proud. The new people who moved in to the city which is basically the people who live in "north springs" just before Parkland are majority FSU/UF fans. There's bama around too.

In Osceola it's mostly Seminoles and gators with a few Canes fans but it's that way in most of state so who cares anyway.

Advertisement
I also live in Brevard, seems to me there's many fans of the U here. Could be it's just where I drive around?
I'm in Brevard and I agree, there are quite a few I see driving around throwin up The U. My dad's also in Brevard and just got a U golf cart, so he'll be repping in style. If I'm wearing Cane shirts etc, I get stopped by folks in stores who are either fans or just want to say it's good to see the canes back. IMO there is a movement happening

The 407 is noles/gator country but there are a lot more Canes coming out the wood works. I've always repped tag/sticker on my truck, never in my life, have I had so many ppl throw up the U to me. Btw its funny watching my employees slowing go from Gators to now liking the canes, they band wagoners so hard. (They know who's on the rise ) Most are cavs fans now too.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back