Where’s the SoFla Players?

Advertisement
THERE IS 3 NOT 2.

The funny part of note is........

there is no thread saying WHERE ARE THE METRO ATLANTA PLAYERS...HOUSTON AREA PLAYERS OR SOUTHERN CAL AREA PLAYERS?.

I'd like u to take a guess..only the metro atl area has the same amount as us.....southern cal an houston are just as non existent on that list.

Also there are about 5 south florida players that just dropped off the cuff of that list so.........

As always yall are wrong on yall theories lol.

Like to add the first player on the list is a qb from......TAMPA.

The whole when we lose beating down on south florida players needs to stop.....an im a proponent of NATIONAL recruiting, i just lol at the whole s.fla kids are soft this or that...and then the state just continues to fund the nfl with star players...and most who make these comments have no answers of WHO or what area we should target our recruiting funds to.

The argument isn’t as much that SoFla isn’t producing, although that seems down a little bit compared to the past..

The argument is more that the top rated guys (4 and 5 stars that play recruiting games) out of high school from SoFla are flaming out at a way higher rate

I mean look at alot of the top draft picks from SoFla

2023 -

Calijah Kancey - 3 star out of HS
Zay Flowers - 3 Star rated out of HS
Tyler Steen - 3 Star
AT Perry - low rated
Yasir Abdullah - 3 Star

Its true.

You have to evaluate the kids with the right mentality (Jaquan Johnson, Rueben Bain). The big schools have success plucking those kids out and surrounding them with a roster full of other tough kids and they rise up to fit in.

Here we have guys like Keontra Smith who is more interested in talking **** and slapping other players in the face as a special teams player. Or James Williams and Kam Kinchens talking ****, taunting, and doing their little celebrations.

Our last Natty squad had guys from all over and the right guys from here. Starters from all these different states and countries and more: Louisiana, , New Jersey, California, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma, Canada, Iran.

Our coaches prioritized recruiting Cormani McClain. That evaluation is alarming. So are a bunch of the other guys.

To be fair, EVERYONE in the country prioritized Cormani McClain, not just our coaches, but I see your point.

to be fair letterkenny problems GIF

Advertisement
To be fair, EVERYONE in the country prioritized Cormani McClain, not just our coaches, but I see your point.

to be fair letterkenny problems GIF
True....but during Butch's tenure, the administration rode his *** non-stop in regards to recruiting expenditures. Butch gave No Fs. He let Sarge handle Dade & Broward, but the rest (Pagano, Curtis Johnson, and Kehoe) were all across the country. @Brooklyndee knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Advertisement
Our last great teams, 65-70% of those players were not from South Florida. But I reject the premise. You still have to recruit Dade and Broward first.

Because no one else builds 50% of their roster from one area the way we do. The 30th best player from south Florida in a given year isn't better than the best player from Greenwood, Arkansas. But we have people believing that a kid from south Florida MUST be better than a kid from freaking Arkansas.
Again there are ...MAYBE....MAYBE 2 other areas in the entire country that have the hs football talent that s.fla does so no where else even has a choice.

Based off that list the houston area and southern cal area dont have much players on the list either.

The argument isn’t as much that SoFla isn’t producing, although that seems down a little bit compared to the past..

The argument is more that the top rated guys (4 and 5 stars that play recruiting games) out of high school from SoFla are flaming out at a way higher rate

I mean look at alot of the top draft picks from SoFla

2023 -

Calijah Kancey - 3 star out of HS
Zay Flowers - 3 Star rated out of HS
Tyler Steen - 3 Star
AT Perry - low rated
Yasir Abdullah - 3 Star
1 was a former um commit.

2 OF THEM Listed folk on this board identified as players we should offer. 1 was begginf for an offer but was called to small. (i was standing there when a coach actually said it)

The problem is......we have had poor coaching and development personally.

The real problem has been our..SOUTH FLORIDA HEAD COACHES

Advertisement
Again there are ...MAYBE....MAYBE 2 other areas in the entire country that have the hs football talent that s.fla does so no where else even has a choice.

Based off that list the houston area and southern cal area dont have much players on the list either.

See, you're still falling for it. WE don't even have the talent in our area that you think we have, yet you're still pumping us up as some elite area for recruits. And by bringing up Houston and SoCal you're still trying to play regions against each other. ---- all that. Get great players no matter where they come from. Quit settling for 3-stars from Columbus who are deciding between us and FIU just because "south Florida, bro".

Why the Texas schools dont win championships though? lol.

I mean we have had 4 (lmao) colleges win national football championships in my lifetime (im in my 30s) why not texas?.
Lifetime? Good lord. You're trying to use the 80's as evidence for south Florida.

TCU was in the championship game last year. Oklahoma has been elite for over a decade. Texas is top 10. We're still trying to win our first ACC title.

Advertisement
I mean, Michigan has two kids from Aquinas. That's their south Florida representation. McBurrows' big career highlight is having two tackles against UNLV. Hood has made a few plays. Two guys, one contributor.

But "south Florida has more talent than Detroit, LULZ!!!!"

Miami’s national recruiting was always supposed to be a strength. NSD was always in the dead of winter! We would host ND late in the season. Miami was a destination school.

Urban Meyer is on record about being unimpressed with the football IQ and fundementals being taught in S. Fl. Many of these kids need to be developed. Lot’s of raw talent but no discipline.

Miami’s national recruiting was always supposed to be a strength. NSD was always in the dead of winter! We would host ND late in the season. Miami was a destination school.

Urban Meyer is on record about being unimpressed with the football IQ and fundementals being taught in S. Fl. Many of these kids need to be developed. Lot’s of raw talent but no discipline.
And this is why we haven't been a national contender for 15 years.

Advertisement
Back