Where’s the SoFla Players?

Does the intense gentrification have anything to do with it?

Advertisement
It’s become a total challenge to recruit

Because the talent is so strong with a lot of the kids that a Miami HC who doesn’t recruit most SoFla guys hard is going to be shunned

But a lot of them flame out

All the talk about how great SoFla high school players are?

only 2 out of the top 100 (Jordan Travis & Dallas Turner) show up on this list

Lately it seems like most of these highly rated guys coming out of SoFla HSs flame out, transfer multiple times, get there heads blown up too much, and just don’t make it on the college level.

The SoFla names we end up hearing on the next level are now becoming the sleeper, and underrated guys coming out of HS
You have to get the right ones, alot of HS kids everywhere are hyped up more in sfla cause there are alot. So more flame outs

Advertisement

Because the talent is so strong with a lot of the kids that a Miami HC who doesn’t recruit most SoFla guys hard is going to be shunned

To quote the movie War Games;

“A strange game.
The only winning move is not to play..”

Fck that shunning bullsh*t; We’ve played the kiss local HS Corches *** game more than any program in America & it has amounted to absolutely nothing but more excuses & goalposts moving by them to justify encouraging sending their players to everywhere else but here.

To **** with them & that nonsense, we don’t owe them sh*t. Our priority needs to be finding the best players possible & getting them on our team, regardless of where their parents decided for them to be born.

Every single winning program in the Nation recruits nationally, literally every single one of’em.

If Coaches can’t find 25 players per class that are good enough to play here just because they’re not right down the street from the campus, then they simply aren’t good enough at their job.

Recruiting isn’t as hard as we make it.

Mario came in charged with the following:

1) Improve South Florida recruiting (probably the most logical to happen);
2) Improve recruiting in the rest of the state (never been easy);
3) Improve national recruiting (very difficult when consistently mediocre).

So far I'd say that all three have improved, but not so much that you're going to see it on the field this year. As far as the '24 class, it's very marginal on all three again. We're recruiting well enough to win one more game a year on average than we have been, maybe.

I just said a whole lot of ******* nothing.

THERE IS 3 NOT 2.

The funny part of note is........

there is no thread saying WHERE ARE THE METRO ATLANTA PLAYERS...HOUSTON AREA PLAYERS OR SOUTHERN CAL AREA PLAYERS?.

I'd like u to take a guess..only the metro atl area has the same amount as us.....southern cal an houston are just as non existent on that list.

Also there are about 5 south florida players that just dropped off the cuff of that list so.........

As always yall are wrong on yall theories lol.

Like to add the first player on the list is a qb from......TAMPA.

The whole when we lose beating down on south florida players needs to stop.....an im a proponent of NATIONAL recruiting, i just lol at the whole s.fla kids are soft this or that...and then the state just continues to fund the nfl with star players...and most who make these comments have no answers of WHO or what area we should target our recruiting funds to.

Posted this in the LT thread, but it applies here too:

Some of you guys just don't get it...the real reason Miami is dead and not coming back is because South Florida kids post-2005 are SOFT, entitled, and not willing to work and grind to achieve success like the pre-2000 kids. The whole culture is just broken and kids like LT and so many others are crowned before ever truly achieving anything noteworthy. The physical talent is there. The edge, mental acuity, and desire to be great is not. That's why we perpetually are mediocre no matter the coach and lose to the GTs of the world. Recruiting South Florida is more of a detriment than help these days and it is only getting worse.
Can say this about everywhere lol we just focus on sfla more cause thats our base

Advertisement
The top players on this team (Williams, X, Bain, George, Kitchens) are all from South Florida, yet we have these annual "South Florida players suck" threads by the imbeciles on this board.

The cold hard truth is, the majority of them are either overrated coming out of HS or under developed & need at least 2-3 years before you'll see their potential come to fruition.
Yup. It's not overrated per se, as the rating is re potential. But the patience to develop yourself, and the staff's patience in that development are shaky. Then you have **** poor S&C Coord's that just copy-paste Bama's S&C from 2012 (some forgetting to even change logos) and viola, you have 4 & 5 stars never reach potential.

The top players on this team (Williams, X, Bain, George, Kitchens) are all from South Florida, yet we have these annual "South Florida players suck" threads by the imbeciles on this board.

They're the best players on a team that hasn't won a thing in 22 years. That's the point. We heard so much about "just locking down south Florida" over the years but it turns out that other regions of the country have better players.

The funny part of note is........

there is no thread saying WHERE ARE THE METRO ATLANTA PLAYERS...HOUSTON AREA PLAYERS OR SOUTHERN CAL AREA PLAYERS?.

Because no one else builds 50% of their roster from one area the way we do. The 30th best player from south Florida in a given year isn't better than the best player from Greenwood, Arkansas. But we have people believing that a kid from south Florida MUST be better than a kid from freaking Arkansas.

Advertisement
So 4 guys of 50+

Pretty big impact guys from non-SF:
Van Dyke (say what you want but he's a 3y starter)
Mesidor is clearly an important piece since being injured
Mauigoa x2
Lee
Cohen
Rivers

Because no one else builds 50% of their roster from one area the way we do. The 30th best player from south Florida in a given year isn't better than the best player from Greenwood, Arkansas. But we have people believing that a kid from south Florida MUST be better than a kid from freaking Arkansas.
College Football GIF by Arkansas Razorbacks

Wool pig sooie. And yea I agree. Maybe that was the case in the 80s bit with all the year round training, clinics, camps etc things have changed.

Challenging for Miami...

We’re the only ones who can’t get the right kids, everyone else pretty much figures it out.
It’s just numbers.

Excluding IMG
We have 5 of the 20 Florida recruits in the 247/Top 300- 25%
We have 2 of the 10 Florida recruits in the 247 Top-100- 20%

So given those stats, odds aren’t good from jump.

I’m not a star *****, but we have to do a better job of getting the top players…
Florida or anywhere else.

Advertisement
All the talk about how great SoFla high school players are?

only 2 out of the top 100 (Jordan Travis & Dallas Turner) show up on this list

Lately it seems like most of these highly rated guys coming out of SoFla HSs flame out, transfer multiple times, get there heads blown up too much, and just don’t make it on the college level.

The SoFla names we end up hearing on the next level are now becoming the sleeper, and underrated guys coming out of HS
I haven't been down there in some time. I can tell you, there are A LOT of excellent players where I'm at ( Georgia) that have SoFl roots. I'm from Miami, so it sucks if "the state of Miami " is no longer strong. I do know that at 1 time, it was an absolute hotbed. There were SoFl guys starting in droves all across the country.
I trust some of the local guys on here to keep us posted on the talent down there.
Go Canes 🏈

I haven't been down there in some time. I can tell you, there are A LOT of excellent players where I'm at ( Georgia) that have SoFl roots. I'm from Miami, so it sucks if "the state of Miami " is no longer strong. I do know that at 1 time, it was an absolute hotbed. There were SoFl guys starting in droves all across the country.
I trust some of the local guys on here to keep us posted on the talent down there.
Go Canes 🏈
There are plenty of them. If more of the best of them were on our team, we wouldn't be having these threads.

The same is also true if we got more of the best players from Georgia, or the rest of Florida, or the rest of the country.

There are many ways to skin the cat in recruiting. It's up to this staff to prioritize, evaluate, and sell accordingly. This is truism, and not at all genius insight, lol.

Advertisement
Back