Where’s the SoFla Players?

nvlahos

Junior
Premium
All the talk about how great SoFla high school players are?

only 2 out of the top 100 (Jordan Travis & Dallas Turner) show up on this list

Lately it seems like most of these highly rated guys coming out of SoFla HSs flame out, transfer multiple times, get there heads blown up too much, and just don’t make it on the college level.

The SoFla names we end up hearing on the next level are now becoming the sleeper, and underrated guys coming out of HS

Advertisement
All the talk about how great SoFla high school players are?

only 2 out of the top 100 (Jordan Travis & Dallas Turner) show up on this list

Lately it seems like most of these highly rated guys coming out of SoFla HSs flame out, transfer multiple times, get there heads blown up too much, and just don’t make it on the college level.

The SoFla names we end up hearing on the next level are now becoming the sleeper, and underrated guys coming out of HS
They transfer 2 or 3 times in high school too, some habits are hard to break.

Gotta think the culture is broken down in SoFla with the 7 on 7 scene now and how publicized recruitments are.

A lot of these “highly rated” guys think they’re super stars before they even play a snap in College nevermind the NFL
Wait til they get NIL in high school

Advertisement
Posted this in the LT thread, but it applies here too:

Some of you guys just don't get it...the real reason Miami is dead and not coming back is because South Florida kids post-2005 are SOFT, entitled, and not willing to work and grind to achieve success like the pre-2000 kids. The whole culture is just broken and kids like LT and so many others are crowned before ever truly achieving anything noteworthy. The physical talent is there. The edge, mental acuity, and desire to be great is not. That's why we perpetually are mediocre no matter the coach and lose to the GTs of the world. Recruiting South Florida is more of a detriment than help these days and it is only getting worse.

Posted this in the LT thread, but it applies here too:

Some of you guys just don't get it...the real reason Miami is dead and not coming back is because South Florida kids post-2005 are SOFT, entitled, and not willing to work and grind to achieve success like the pre-2000 kids. The whole culture is just broken and kids like LT and so many others are crowned before ever truly achieving anything noteworthy. The physical talent is there. The edge, mental acuity, and desire to be great is not. That's why we perpetually are mediocre no matter the coach and lose to the GTs of the world. Recruiting South Florida is more of a detriment than help these days and it is only getting worse.

Have to agree. Lets see if JW, LT, and Kam take the 3 and done approach with big concerns on film OR 4-5 years and quality improvement shown in years 3,4,5.

For all the hate JW had (myself included) in 2022, he has improved a good amount in 2023. I still wish they would just move him to OLB and have Kam at SS with Harris at FS.

Advertisement
Have to agree. Lets see if JW, LT, and Kam take the 3 and done approach with big concerns on film OR 4-5 years and quality improvement shown in years 3,4,5.

For all the hate JW had (myself included) in 2022, he has improved a good amount in 2023. I still wish they would just move him to OLB and have Kam at SS with Harris at FS.
There are individuals who have broken this trend...Jaquan Johnson comes to mind, but as a general pattern, most of our players are not rising above our increasingly lazy, apathetic, and insanely toxic culture. This is true everywhere, but magnified in South Florida. Where are the dogs? Where are the real men?

We have little boys and mental midgets that fold under pressure all over this team. For the record, I'm not old in the slightest...but I see this pattern everywhere. I grew up in South Florida and this was the pattern on all of the teams I was on as well, including relatively high level AAU and varsity teams and the like. I'm not even blaming the kids...their parents are typically worse in terms of not living in reality or wanting their kids to have to earn the things given to them. Many coaches also placate and feed this leviathan.

There are individuals who have broken this trend...Jaquan Johnson comes to mind, but as a general pattern, most of our players are not rising above our increasingly lazy, apathetic, and insanely toxic culture. This is true everywhere, but magnified in South Florida. Where are the dogs? Where are the real men?

We have little boys and mental midgets that fold under pressure all over this team. For the record, I'm not old in the slightest...but I see this pattern everywhere. I grew up in South Florida and this was the pattern on all of the teams I was on as well, including relatively high level AAU and varsity teams and the like. I'm not even blaming the kids...their parents are typically worse in terms of not living in reality or wanting their kids to have to earn the things given to them. Many coaches also placate and feed this leviathan.
I posted something similar to this is another thread yesterday. The serious ballers are still not staying home. IE J.Smith and E.Robinson. Both ballers from SF and both committed elsewhere

I posted something similar to this is another thread yesterday. The serious ballers are still not staying home. IE J.Smith and E.Robinson. Both ballers from SF and both committed elsewhere
They're smart enough to see what I'm talking about...remember when Jalen Hurts visited here? Nothing has changed.

Advertisement
Hopefully having Lonzo is what helps here. He seems like a guy who can look past physical traits and see who the real dawgs are. I think we can all agree that the young guys so far have good results. The future looks promising. But we need to keep building on that.

Its true.

You have to evaluate the kids with the right mentality (Jaquan Johnson, Rueben Bain). The big schools have success plucking those kids out and surrounding them with a roster full of other tough kids and they rise up to fit in.

Here we have guys like Keontra Smith who is more interested in talking **** and slapping other players in the face as a special teams player. Or James Williams and Kam Kinchens talking ****, taunting, and doing their little celebrations.

Our last Natty squad had guys from all over and the right guys from here. Starters from all these different states and countries and more: Louisiana, , New Jersey, California, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma, Canada, Iran.

Our coaches prioritized recruiting Cormani McClain. That evaluation is alarming. So are a bunch of the other guys.

Its true.

You have to evaluate the kids with the right mentality (Jaquan Johnson, Rueben Bain). The big schools have success plucking those kids out and surrounding them with a roster full of other tough kids and they rise up to fit in.

Here we have guys like Keontra Smith who is more interested in talking **** and slapping other players in the face as a special teams player. Or James Williams and Kam Kinchens talking ****, taunting, and doing their little celebrations.

Our last Natty squad had guys from all over and the right guys from here. Starters from all these different states and countries and more: Louisiana, , New Jersey, California, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma, Canada, Iran.

Our coaches prioritized recruiting Cormani McClain. That evaluation is alarming. So are a bunch of the other guys.
Everyone recruited Cormani dawg. Your quote on that is reaching like a mafukka lol. Kid has maturity issues not character issues. Not many people knew this until they are with him everyday babysitting him smh.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back