When Williams watches film of the returning LB

Lol deal with it. Mccloud is never leaving
No reason to bash McCloud for being smart enough to know he will never be a pro and take advantage of being able to work on his Master's. Bash the ones who play him in front of better players. Hopefully with these new coaches the best players get the playing time this coming season

Advertisement
Never understood why we have different coaches for linebackers and strikers? Seems like unless the backers and strikers are not on the same page there would be confusion so just why different coaches.
Striker isn't a lb so why would they be taught as a lb?

I actually think the LB that will benefit the most from T-Will is BJ Jennings. Hes an SEC style thumper at LB that T-Will can relate to. He just isnt good at anything else unfortunately. But I think T-Will allows him to be comfortable in his own skin and assures him there is a role in this D for a thumper who can stop the run and bring the lumber on certain downs.
Dr Evil Whatever GIF

Lmao Jennings isn’t a sec style anything. Jennings is no thumper either. And the Lbs in the sec has changed. Those guys are now 235-240 and can run
You are describing Devin white and not all SEC LBs are like him at all.

Jennings claim to fame is being a thumper. Whether you think he is or not is beside the point. But thats what we brought TWill in for..to find out who’s ultimately right or wrong.

Advertisement
Only LBs that should see the field...

Brooks
Cave
Flagg
Huff (if he isn’t a bust)
Troutman
Johnson
Jennings (Mop up or injury)
Steed (mop up or injury)

Advertisement
You are describing Devin white and not all SEC LBs are like him at all.

Jennings claim to fame is being a thumper. Whether you think he is or not is beside the point. But thats what we brought TWill in for..to find out who’s ultimately right or wrong.
Don’t need t-will to tell me what film has showed. A thumper doesn’t post just 39 tackles in 11 games as a starter. Vs the two teams who had the most success running the ball vs the defense in Louisville and unc he had a combined 3 tackles.

And I ain’t describing just devin white. Look at bama LBs. They ain’t trotting out big 260 pound
ILBs no more. Those guys are 235-240 and can move. Look at the all sec team. The 4 true LBs on the 1st and 2nd team the biggest guy is Moses at 240. The other 3 guys weights are 231, 228, and 223. Like I said times have changed

I just hope he doesn't think he can fix Mccloud 😰.
McCloud is Simpson's responsibility now. I'm very confident in the level of coaching McCloud will receive from Simpson yet I have a hard time believing that McCloud will be able to crack the 2 deep. I can't see him taking reps from Cam Williams, Jafari Harvey, Chanz Williams, Deandre Johnson, or Jason Blisset for that matter. Also if Elijah Roberts or Leonard Taylor are given the opportunity to compete for reps at DE them you can really forget seeing McCloud get any meaningful PT at DE. My thinking is that we may have a 3rd down package where McCloud rushes off the edge from a 2 point stance.

Advertisement
Back