When Williams watches film of the returning LB

Canemang

Senior
Banned
Over It Abandon Thread GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not so fast my friend! There is talent here and with changes in scheme and "coaching" they could be an valuable asset. My thing is get the 3 fastest and best tacklers to start with. My opinion is based on what I think the new LB coach will see:

1. Sam Brooks- has speed/skills just needs to be coached up
2. Avery Huff- Not sure, but **** he was tall and fast out of HS. Probably the fastest LB we have, but new coach gets him to perform
3. TAC- Nice size and speed hoping a real LB coach can teach reads
4. Thomas Davis- Fast and aggressive. Can get wide (True Freshman but we have to use the best we got)
5. D. Troutman- Watching his film reminded me of old Cane LB'ers Darrin Smith and Nate Webster. Quick to the ball and nasty for their size.

6. Corey Flagg- definitely a Mike. Good instincts
7. Amari Carter- At 6-2 219 could be a solid blitz backer. We have better safeties and he too slow back there.
8. Steed- Maybe it's the injuries, but kid too slow.

Advertisement
Not so fast my friend! There is talent here and with changes in scheme and "coaching" they could be an valuable asset. My thing is get the 3 fastest and best tacklers to start with. My opinion is based on what I think the new LB coach will see:

1. Sam Brooks- has speed/skills just needs to be coached up
2. Avery Huff- Not sure, but **** he was tall and fast out of HS. Probably the fastest LB we have, but new coach gets him to perform
3. TAC- Nice size and speed hoping a real LB coach can teach reads
4. Thomas Davis- Fast and aggressive. Can get wide (True Freshman but we have to use the best we got)
5. D. Troutman- Watching his film reminded me of old Cane LB'ers Darrin Smith and Nate Webster. Quick to the ball and nasty for their size.

6. Corey Flagg- definitely a Mike. Good instincts
7. Amari Carter- At 6-2 219 could be a solid blitz backer. We have better safeties and he too slow back there.
8. Steed- Maybe it's the injuries, but kid too slow.
Since T-Will was hired as MLB coach, he won’t be coaching all of these players, right?

Advertisement
Never understood why we have different coaches for linebackers and strikers? Seems like unless the backers and strikers are not on the same page there would be confusion so just why different coaches.

Advertisement
He will probably do what Lashlee did. He won't watch full games. He will just watch the individual LB play and see what they can do well. Then try to to utilize their strengths to the fullest by discussing that with Diaz and Shoop.

(I know, I know our LBs suck and don't do anything well. Yada yada yada.)

Hopefully, he won't look at tape or seniority and just evaluate once spring practise starts. That way the youngsters should get a fair shake.

Would you say that T Will is bigger than you thought, really carries himself well, very professional?
Phenomenal hire, will give Manny credit on his offseason moves. Just don't have confidence with Manny in charge this team can reach their full potential. Nothing he's done on field gives me a reason to believe that.

Advertisement
Back