When the team was running to celebrate, did ya see Duke?

Biscuits

coldwater
Kid was walking in that direction, but slowly.

He was limping. Had his helmet in one hand. I **** near got all misty-eyed thinking about that kid, the toughness he showed in that game, and his dedication to this program. Looking back on it, I think we need to honor that boy. So I present these images to Duke. His bad muther****er wallet is on order.

287.jpg

288.jpg

5.jpeg

Advertisement
he was banged up...I hope for ALL our sake he is not an injury prone guy...two games in both games banged up

he was banged up...I hope for ALL our sake he is not an injury prone guy...two games in both games banged up

There is nobody not banged up after a football game. Banged up and sore has nothing to do with injury prone.

he was hurting big time. there's a picture of him resting his head on a coach's shoulder. i have it on my phone but cant seem to post it here.

Advertisement
Golden said today no serious injuries. Players bruised and swallon nothing the trains and rest can't handle

It's clear Duke is not going to be an Edge or OJ Anderson type back for us. Kid simply isn't physically big enough or strong enough to have as many carrys per game and survive the beating. Make no mistake, he is a difference maker because his balance is tremendous, but coaches will really have to monitor his work load.

Last edited:
The guy got 20+ carries into the teeth of a serious defense that wasn't being slowed down much. On the play he got banged up the worst, it seems, he expected a block from his WR. Waters whiffed and the Gator safety got a clean shot at Duke. After watching him for nearly 4 years, I had yet to see anyone get such a clean shot at Duke in the open field. Part of that credit goes to the speed of their defense, but another part is the missed block on that play.

My understanding is Duke's fine and ready to go.

Duke is a good back, he is shifty, quick, has vision and is tough. We needed another back that game to change the pace. I liked when Mo got the ball and got us the 1st down, but after that they stopped going to him.

I know it was too big of a game for the freshman, but we really need to get Gus going so we can save some juice for Duke later in the season, hence FSU.

Advertisement
The guy got 20+ carries into the teeth of a serious defense that wasn't being slowed down much. On the play he got banged up the worst, it seems, he expected a block from his WR. Waters whiffed and the Gator safety got a clean shot at Duke. After watching him for nearly 4 years, I had yet to see anyone get such a clean shot at Duke in the open field. Part of that credit goes to the speed of their defense, but another part is the missed block on that play.

Yeah Jabari Gorman was a kid we recruited hard. **** of an athlete and laid a serious lick on Duke.

Duke played like a ******* man yesterday no doubt. The schedule really helps him out here.

waters missed the block and the safety got a clean, hard hit to the hip/upper thigh/groin area. duke spit out his mouthpiece and was in pain. he was worn down, but from twitter feed he apparently was the first player in the weight room this morning.

Last edited:

Great point. At first I thought how did duke not see the safety. He did not bear up at all to take the blow. Then you see on the replay that waters completely whiffed. That play goes for another 20 easily with a good block. Those are the types of plays that have to be made against an SEC defense to have a consistent offense.

Advertisement

waters missed the block and the safety got a clean, hard hit to the hip/upper thigh/groin area. duke spit out his mouthpiece and was in pain. he was worn down, but from twitter feed he apparently was the first player in the weight room this morning.

Love it.

This one isn't on Duke, he'll hold up just fine, the D line was in the backfield all day. There isn't a back in the country that would have done any better.

Advertisement
I keep saying that the coaches need to find someone else to return kicks and use Duke on offense in many other creative ways.......Crawford sucks and Clements is an okay back.....We need Gus Edwards to step up and be a breath of fresh air for this offense. I never thought I would say this but we really do miss Mike James back there in the backfield.

Duke is a good back, he is shifty, quick, has vision and is tough. We needed another back that game to change the pace. I liked when Mo got the ball and got us the 1st down, but after that they stopped going to him.

I know it was too big of a game for the freshman, but we really need to get Gus going so we can save some juice for Duke later in the season, hence FSU.

Didn't Gus get in a little late due to completing some NCAA requirements - that may have something to do with it, not enough practice time. Think we will see a lot more of him at the Savannah game and USF. Agree with many here that Coley was very conservative with play calling - but then again may have been a reaction to the early lead and Gators' corners. I expect we'll see a more wide open O in the next few games. If not, maybe Jimbo can call the plays in????

Advertisement
Back