When the team was running to celebrate, did ya see Duke?

The guy got 20+ carries into the teeth of a serious defense that wasn't being slowed down much. On the play he got banged up the worst, it seems, he expected a block from his WR. Waters whiffed and the Gator safety got a clean shot at Duke. After watching him for nearly 4 years, I had yet to see anyone get such a clean shot at Duke in the open field. Part of that credit goes to the speed of their defense, but another part is the missed block on that play.

My understanding is Duke's fine and ready to go.

It wasn't a big hit, as such or a clean shot. He just took it awkwardly because he was expecting the block.

I think that really hurt him.

Advertisement
It's clear Duke is not going to be an Edge or OJ Anderson type back for us. Kid simply isn't physically big enough or strong enough to have as many carrys per game and survive the beating. Make no mistake, he is a difference maker because his balance is tremendous, but coaches will really have to monitor his work load.

Those type of backs are becoming a thing of the past. Every team carriers 2 to 3 very capable backs now a days to share the load. We need the other 2 and 3 to show up soon...

I keep saying that the coaches need to find someone else to return kicks and use Duke on offense in many other creative ways.......Crawford sucks and Clements is an okay back.....We need Gus Edwards to step up and be a breath of fresh air for this offense. I never thought I would say this but we really do miss Mike James back there in the backfield.

Crawford is apparently a bad name to have on the back of your jersey!

Personally I'll hold off judgement on both until they get more game time.

I keep saying that the coaches need to find someone else to return kicks and use Duke on offense in many other creative ways.......Crawford sucks and Clements is an okay back.....We need Gus Edwards to step up and be a breath of fresh air for this offense. I never thought I would say this but we really do miss Mike James back there in the backfield.

Based on what?

Advertisement
Back