When is the last time you were THIS excited / optimistic about UM football?

2003 after the comeback against Florida.

Felt like Berlin turned a corner and believed Miami could make a run that fall—behind a great defense and solid-enough offense (albeit slightly depleted with no McGahee, A. Johnson, key o-linemen). Wanted revenge after the Fiesta Bowl and hoped for a Sugar Bowl berth and title shot.

Seven weeks later, teeth kicked in at Virginia Tech, 31-7 and instead of bouncing back a week later, 10-6 at home to Tennessee—I felt all the part of angry locker room Winslow, minus the old lady rape tendencies he was suppressing back then.

I never bought the hype in 2017—even after the win over Notre Dame. Felt like smoke and mirrors behind Rosier and an average o-line. Canes were eking out games against average teams leading up to that showdown and the Irish were grossly overrated. A week later, struggled for a half with Virginia, lost to Pitt a week after that and knew this team had zero shot at Clemson. Biggest downer was then losing the Orange Bowl and salvaging an 11-2 run.

Advertisement
It’s funny that you think me not having a pavlovian response to the latest corching hire = miserable
Saying nothing is not having a pavlovian response. Expressing concern is not having a pavlovian response.

Getting a headstart on mopery is just ****posting.

Advertisement
This is a day, well technically a two day stretch (since it was officially announced yesterday) that we are going to remember for a very VERY long time! Enjoy every minute of it! Re-watch the press conference, have a couple ****tails, celebrate today!

So two questions:
1) From a personal standpoint, when is the last time YOU were this excited / optimistic about UM football?
&
2) When is the last time we've had this much momentum / reason for optimism surrounding the state of the entire football program?
Early August, 2001

People are actually falling for this routine again?
No search. No one above Mario knows anything about football. They gave Mario more leverage than maybe any coach in college football history.

Why do you trust the admin now when you didn't 3 months ago? You know Frenk is still the president? They're playing you. All they did was raise money because Herbstreit made them. They went with a "splash hire" covering all their bases when Mario doesn't work out. He didn't even do anything at Oregon. The Rose Bowl victory they gained 200 yards of total offense with Herbert and barely beat Wisconsin, who didn't even win the big 10.

Mario's never come close to a playoff berth.

When Notre Dame was pulling up in there busses ranked #1 and chicks we dancing topples on top of campers the tailgating was almost a riot so loud almost overwhelming.

Then I heard crashing smashing as beer bottles were being thrown at ND busses garbage cans thrown .

It was the most overwhelming game of emotions I ever felt , it you had a U shirt of any kind your we’re SAFE as in the mother’s womb.

If not OH WELL.

YES THAT WAS THE MOST I EVER WAS EXCITED… EVER FOR A SPORTING EVENT.

Bret Musberger did the game WHOM ALWAYS HATED MIAMI.

Oh so special game .

Oh ND got trashed 58-0 LOLOLOL

GOCANES

Advertisement
Animated GIF

QB1 is fired up!

“It’s an exciting time you know,’’ Van Dyke told the Miami Herald before Cristobal addressed the crowd. “I can’t wait to have him as a coach. He came into a team meeting and you could just feel a different type of energy. He loves this place. He spoke with his heart. We’re really excited.’’

Advertisement
The entire athletic department is pretty excited too. From the Herald

Non-football coaches came to greet Cristobal as well, among them Jim Larranaga and Katie Meier from basketball, Gino DiMare and J.D. Arteaga from baseball and Paige Yaroshuk-Tews from tennis. They know how football drives the rest of the athletic programs. “I’ve seen him with my own eyes,’’ Yaroshuk-Tews said. “This is a Miami Hurricane to the core. He’s run through the smoke, he’s been in the trenches, he’s worked his way up from the bottom of coaching all the way to the top. He’s an absolute winner. “This is personal. This is about getting Miami football to where it needs to be. Football is the engine. When football is successful everybody is successful. Everybody in this department should be absolutely supportive.” Added Arteaga: “Football success runs the factory. Success at the top trickles down, not just in all sports but in the school in general. The student body goes up. Applications go up. It helps everybody.’’

Personal attacks
Saying nothing is not having a pavlovian response. Expressing concern is not having a pavlovian response.

Getting a headstart on mopery is just ****posting.

Not being “excited” about the latest corch hire isn’t ****posting. You’re just an idiot.

Not being “excited” about the latest corch hire isn’t ****posting. You’re just an idiot.
No one realizes the admin still doesn't care about winning. There's no one above Mario who knows anything about football. It's a freaking clown show. Why is everyone falling for this? They don't even have an AD. It's a joke. It's amateur hour. You're all blinded by the admin's lies.

Advertisement
This is a day, well technically a two day stretch (since it was officially announced yesterday) that we are going to remember for a very VERY long time! Enjoy every minute of it! Re-watch the press conference, have a couple ****tails, celebrate today!

So two questions:
1) From a personal standpoint, when is the last time YOU were this excited / optimistic about UM football?
&
2) When is the last time we've had this much momentum / reason for optimism surrounding the state of the entire football program?
About five seconds before the flag landed on Fiesta Bowl field.

Almost forgot - **** Terry Porter.

Advertisement
Back