When is the last time you were THIS excited / optimistic about UM football?

klineski96

[]_ _[]
Premium
This is a day, well technically a two day stretch (since it was officially announced yesterday) that we are going to remember for a very VERY long time! Enjoy every minute of it! Re-watch the press conference, have a couple ****tails, celebrate today!

So two questions:
1) From a personal standpoint, when is the last time YOU were this excited / optimistic about UM football?
&
2) When is the last time we've had this much momentum / reason for optimism surrounding the state of the entire football program?

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is why i'm a skeptic. Call me cynical or whatever, but we've been through this song and dance for **** near 20 years. Yet our fanbase never learns. Every **** time we get the same "this time it's different" threads. Then the coach goes on to bust out spectacularly and we are back at square one.

Wait till we see some immediate results. For 80 million, we should be getting results right now. And it starts with assembling a coaching staff and closing on some key recruits or transfers for critical need positions. Shemar, Lucas, Kelly, and enough portal DL to replenish our depth at defensive line. Rogers, Graves, and two more bluechippers either via the portal or a surprise close at the cornerback position.

It
This is why i'm a skeptic. Call me cynical or whatever, but we've been through this song and dance for **** near 20 years. Yet our fanbase never learns. Every **** time we get the same "this time it's different" threads. Then the coach goes on to bust out spectacularly and we are back at square one.

Wait till we see some immediate results. For 80 million, we should be getting results right now. And it starts with assembling a coaching staff and closing on some key recruits or transfers for critical need positions. Shemar, Lucas, Kelly, and enough portal DL to replenish our depth at defensive line. Rogers, Graves, another blue chipper, and a portal corner for the cornerback position.

Yep, it’s amazing to see the same people getting fooled time and time again. Mario hasn’t done **** here yet.

Advertisement
Every time we hire a new coach, I am optimistic. If what is being floated around about assistant coaches' salaries is true, this is a really big deal. That being said, now it's up to Mario to get the best coaches he can, not just reward people he likes with excessive contracts. I'll be excited once those hires are made, if they are really good hires.

I was sold on Richt. I thought he could even surpass his UGA success if he was as consistent here as he had been there.

Mario is younger. Better health. Most importantly, he will have the school’s budget elevated to the level of major programs. A primary reason Richt had a slow start in recruiting and assistant staff.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Have been excited this entire season watching our offense click with TVD. We all knew this was coming eventually with Manny. Thankfully we had the right people on the job this time.

Probably a week before the PSU game in 2001. 2017 was great, but I was just waiting for the top to blow off and it did.

Advertisement
Back