When is the last time you were THIS excited / optimistic about UM football?

Advertisement
If they make it like Madden though they can shove the game completely up their ***.

Slowly.

Without lube.

I started to play the new madden because I had the 10 hour free trial… I played 1 game and immediately deleted it… and I’ve never done that for any madden game. Unbelievably bad

Advertisement
This is a day, well technically a two day stretch (since it was officially announced yesterday) that we are going to remember for a very VERY long time! Enjoy every minute of it! Re-watch the press conference, have a couple ****tails, celebrate today!

So two questions:
1) From a personal standpoint, when is the last time YOU were this excited / optimistic about UM football?
&
2) When is the last time we've had this much momentum / reason for optimism surrounding the state of the entire football program?
1) About 10 seconds before kickoff in the Bama game.

2) When we hired Brother Richt

So here's the thing - I'm excited, but I bought into Al Golden too.

I'm waiting to see who he hires as OC and DC before jumping off the deep end.

Peter Porte Pain GIF by Paramount Network

I started to play the new madden because I had the 10 hour free trial… I played 1 game and immediately deleted it… and I’ve never done that for any madden game. Unbelievably bad
I played Madden 19 and that was the last Madden I ever played. NCAA 14 is an objectively better football game. ESPN 2k5 is probably the best football game I've ever played (so much so, I still emulate it on PC).

Honestly, NFL Head Coach 08 is a better game than modern Madden. I wish we could've got a NCAA Head Coach with emphasis on recruiting, scheme, and making choices on players that might cause more trouble then they are worth.

If EA sticks to their formula, expect "Ultimate College Football Team" and microtransactions to boost your recruiting. :/

Advertisement
I was sold on Richt. I thought he could even surpass his UGA success if he was as consistent here as he had been there.

Mario is younger. Better health. Most importantly, he will have the school’s budget elevated to the level of major programs. A primary reason Richt had a slow start in recruiting and assistant staff.
I liked Richt, but it was evident from the beginning that he was done with coaching by the time he got here.

He accepted the job through a sense of duty to his alma mater.

I played Madden 19 and that was the last Madden I ever played. NCAA 14 is an objectively better football game. ESPN 2k5 is probably the best football game I've ever played (so much so, I still emulate it on PC).

Honestly, NFL Head Coach 08 is a better game than modern Madden. I wish we could've got a NCAA Head Coach with emphasis on recruiting, scheme, and making choices on players that might cause more trouble then they are worth.

If EA sticks to their formula, expect "Ultimate College Football Team" and microtransactions to boost your recruiting. :/

I see a lot of people with similar sentiments, hopefully the outcry from the madden community will prompt EA to change… but they won’t change a thing if people continue to buy it..

Hence why a game like Skyrim has been “remastered” 4’times. The CEO of Bethesda said “I’ll stop doing it when you guys stop buying it”

The customers gotta speak with their wallets

Advertisement
I see a lot of people with similar sentiments, hopefully the outcry from the madden community will prompt EA to change… but they won’t change a thing if people continue to buy it..

Hence why a game like Skyrim has been “remastered” 4’times. The CEO of Bethesda said “I’ll stop doing it when you guys stop buying it”

The customers gotta speak with their wallets
And why Rockstar remastered 3 games that didn't need remastering and continue to release DLC for the online version of a game that released in 2012. A game they're re-releasing on the next gen consoles.

Don't get me wrong, I love Rockstar - GTAV and RDR2 (and 1 tbf) are masterpieces, but ****.

2017 bandy pick 6 was the last great moment but any fan with half a brain could see the team was massively flawed and about to get destroyed. This is the first time since the early 2000s I have truly believed we were down a potentially special path

Advertisement
It

Yep, it’s amazing to see the same people getting fooled time and time again. Mario hasn’t done **** here yet.
It's not just about Mario. It's about the fact that the first time in forever there is an actual commitment to moving forward. We've been a P5 team with a G5 budget. Now, in addition to Mario, we will have the biggest OC budget in the ACC.

1) October 3, 2009 both cousins playing at the same time for the U.

2) pick 6 Notre Dame from bandy

Advertisement
Back