When is the last time a miami team outcoached the opponent?

2005 @ Virginia Tech.

They were on a roll, including a 30-10 beat down of IIRC #18 Boston College. Marcus Vick was their QB. No one in the country gave us a chance. I can still hear Kehoe's interview a few days before the game how we were going up there to smack them in the mouth. I remember the defense bottling up little Vick and he didn't have anywhere to run or throw. The game plan the coaches put together had Tech's offense struggling just to get a first down. On offense, we just smacked their DL around and did whatever we wanted. Even added insult to injury going for it on 4 and 1 at the goal line and shoving their DL/LBs into the endzone and scoring.

I will not say that VT was more talented then our '05 team, but the way we took their souls that night, it was oh so righteous. I could hear the Hurricanes C-A-N-E-S CANES on the TV. Outside of that, you could hear a pin drop.

Advertisement
Shannon outcoached paul Johnson badly In 2009. Lmfao. There are some other examples. 2000 suger bowl davis outcouched spurrier pretty bad.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
2005 @ Virginia Tech.

They were on a roll, including a 30-10 beat down of IIRC #18 Boston College. Marcus Vick was their QB. No one in the country gave us a chance. I can still hear Kehoe's interview a few days before the game how we were going up there to smack them in the mouth. I remember the defense bottling up little Vick and he didn't have anywhere to run or throw. The game plan the coaches put together had Tech's offense struggling just to get a first down. On offense, we just smacked their DL around and did whatever we wanted. Even added insult to injury going for it on 4 and 1 at the goal line and shoving their DL/LBs into the endzone and scoring.

I will not say that VT was more talented then our '05 team, but the way we took their souls that night, it was oh so righteous. I could hear the Hurricanes C-A-N-E-S CANES on the TV. Outside of that, you could hear a pin drop.

That VT team was grossly overrated imo simply because of Marcus. I always felt Mike Vick wasn't nearly as good as people made him out to be and his little brother was an even bigger joke riding Mike's name. I had no doubt we would beat them that game.

Advertisement
This staffs best game is definitely FSU in the first half... It's sad because when you think about all the other big games where it's obvious our scheme was pitiful (a few that come to mind over the last few years were K State, Notre Dame, Nebraska & this year GT), you really have to wonder how the guys still have their jobs. Kinda pathetic

We didn't outcoach those teams. Oklahoma went 7-5 I believe and didn't have their star QB. GT was way less talented. I may give you VT 05 because that was a defensive masterpiece.

We didn't outcoach those teams. Oklahoma went 7-5 I believe and didn't have their star QB. GT was way less talented. I may give you VT 05 because that was a defensive masterpiece.

GT went 10-2 during the regular season and won the conference. Where did you get they were "way less talented"? VT 08 was conference champions in 08 and orange bowl champions that same year. Oky was without Sam Bradford but they had everyone on defense and Landry at qb who is the all time td leader in OK history. Those teams in 08 and 09 get a lot more credit than you give them. The ACC wasn't always this putrid. VT and GT back then was better than anything in the coastal that we see now.

Advertisement
Back