When is the last time a miami team outcoached the opponent?

Advertisement
Virginia tech 2014. Only team to beat va tech by more than 7 points this year. Lulz (sarcasm)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Every week Mark D'Onofrio works his tail off coaching up, scheming, and preparing for the game. He brings great energy on game day and coaches with passion. He avoids the noise by staying in the bunker. Weekly, he outcoaches the opponent, but suffers the burden of players like Anthony Chickillo and Denzel Perryman, who don't buy into the system. There hasn't been a game in the past 4 years where this staff was outcoached. Players just choose to listen to the noise, not finish plays, and do their job. Despite this burden, Mark has achieved a winning record.

Advertisement
So in order to count as "out-coached" does it mean we beat a team that was more talented than us?

Advertisement
We might have to go a long, long way back to think of a game where UM 'outcoached' the team in the sense of having better tactics. I mean, they might have HAD superior tactics in some games, but games where that was decisive?

Even Butch outcoached other teams by having better-prepared teams. They weren't terribly tricky.

Well yeah. I meant a game where we did not win on talent alone. Actually out schemed the other team. I'm just tired of every week seeing other coaches coach circles around our staff. And it's obvious

Advertisement
So in order to count as "out-coached" does it mean we beat a team that was more talented than us?

This is basically what my post was referencing...we're never the lesser talented team. The better question is when is the last time we weren't at a disadvantage on the sideline

Advertisement
Back