When does NIL change?

Advertisement
I think it will be regulated before it comes to that. It cannot sustain itself as a product otherwise.

The conferences need to come together and establish rules and set limits. The NFL has rules and limits. The NBA has rules and limits. And it's to product the product.

in the next 2 to 3 years, I think they will limit the Roster numbers on each team, maybe limit the number of transfers a team can take and possibly make a designated time when it is active, like kids only have 2 or 3 times during the year when a player can transfer and the period only last a month or couple weeks.

Advertisement
They are paying lots of kids in high school. My guess is lots of them will be busts...

When does it go from pay you now, to we will pay you after we see you perform for a year?
When the top teams can afford do that.

Advertisement
This except now Miami won’t be punished while Saban moves whole families to Tuscaloosa
Yup now that we want to win and have become dogs we are no longer push overs. This is what everyone that has risen has feared. Those fears are a reality now and they are fuqed. Saban better go to the NFL.

They are paying lots of kids in high school. My guess is lots of them will be busts...

When does it go from pay you now, to we will pay you after we see you perform for a year?
When you start paying coaches that way. When your job starts paying you that way. This is America you get paid for your past performances.

Advertisement
1st things 1st,...we are still WAITING on Florida legislation to free Florida schools from stupid rules the other OOS schools do not have to follow with regards to setting up NIL deals.

How can you not love the over-involvement of our current Florida politicians,...signing and enacting stuff they don't even understand for votes?

https://floridapolitics.com/archive...to-decide-if-college-athletes-can-make-money/

But beyond that, it looks like it's going to take Congress to enact something with the way it was taken out of the NCAA's hands.

Last edited:
The absolute latest: February 2023. Once they see us getting a top 5 class and see Ruiz openly displaying his NIL deals they will end it real quick.

Not completely, of course, but put a lot of regulations known as: The Miami Rules

I think it will be regulated before it comes to that. It cannot sustain itself as a product otherwise.

The conferences need to come together and establish rules and set limits. The NFL has rules and limits. The NBA has rules and limits. And it's to product the product.

The NFL & NBA doesn't have limits on how much money players can earn off the court & field, i.e. endorsements, which is what NIL's are.

Think about it, before these kids were forced to sign a piece of paper that said you are no longer you, you're the NCAA's property in perpetuity. And if you don't sign this paper, you can't play...don't know about you, but that sounds like extortion to me. Nobody in America would sign some **** like that, but we expect College athletes to.

Anyways, there's nothing the NCAA or Congress can do, ******* the tax evasion scheme called the NCAA.

Advertisement
The NFL & NBA doesn't have limits on how much money players can earn off the court & field, i.e. endorsements, which is what NIL's are.

That's not what's going on at all though.

In this system it's like if the Miami Dolphin fans decided to pay a player an additional $10M so they could acquire him under the cap. I'm pretty sure the NFL would shut that s*** down real fast. It's basically money laundering to get a team under the cap.

Think about it, before these kids were forced to sign a piece of paper that said you are no longer you, you're the NCAA's property in perpetuity. And if you don't sign this paper, you can't play...don't know about you, but that sounds like extortion to me. Nobody in America would sign some **** like that, but we expect College athletes to.

Anyways, there's nothing the NCAA or Congress can do, ******* the tax evasion scheme called the NCAA.

That's what SHOULD be occuring.

But, as we well know, that is not what it occuring. Lots of these entities offering NILs aren't legitimate, but rather shells for boosters to funnel money to players so that they will play (or stay) at their school.

This will need to be regulated to some degree, or CFB will continue basically being premier league soccer, which will eventually start to effect their TV ratings and the # of subscribers for these bull**** TV channels.

Between the playoffs and players sitting out, the 'reward' of your team going to a bowl games has been compromised greatly, and that vast majority of college football fans do NOT root for teams that can compete if CFB basically becomes an overt bidding war.

They are destroying their own product, but can't do anything about it, because power over it has become decentralized and now resides in the hands of entities like ESPN.

Probably never
It needed to be like that from the start literally impossible to change now

The only way it’s possible is if every team decided it willfully but there will always be a team that will offer up front to gain an advantage

Advertisement
Back