When did you realize D'Onofrio/Golden's defense was a joke?

[]_[]Fan2010;1998146 said:
Game 1 vs Maryland when they ran 372936281 screens and we never adjusted. Not once.

All the other trouncings were just exclamation points.

Not so fast....We did adjust in the second half, even played some man coverage. I can't remember the kids name, but he played corner and got toasted deep late in the 4th quarter. Every since that play we have played in fear as Lu would describe it in the secondary. It was a sign of things to come.

It was probably little Mike Williams. A Wake Forest transfer.

Maybe. But I think it was someone else.

Advertisement
Maryland for me. My first question after the first couple plays is why are the dbs so far off the ball. I tried to write it off as talent deficiencies, but over time it never changed.

Advertisement
When i saw Bethune Cookman's offense move the ball pretty well against us.....

Actually saw them...OUTSCHEMING US....and our d play reactive to THEM...

at that moment ............I knew we had ****ed up..........watch the game on tv like... oh-****-morgan-freeman-gif.gif

countless others...for example VT continuosyl owning us with a garbage offensive scheme..and even garbage qbs....one after another.

-Wake last year was tough to watch live...LOL @ Wake Going.." You wanna two gap.?....here we will just line up all of our olineman 5 yards apart and watch your dline and linebacker control 5 yrd gaps as we gash you". It was downright disgusting and comical...they knew we would refuse to blitz the a-b gaps....or do any slanting or anything with our dline...Sad

These dude continuosly coach like they are at temple and are just happy to be in games..Randy was bad...but was ten times the dc as Golden/No Frio.

when they benched luther for shooting gaps it was all downhill from then. i really wanted it to work but....

2011 vs. KSU. 3rd and 1 for KSU and the Canes were all bunched up defensively - the TV announcer noted this makes that susceptible on the edges and, sure enough, the guy went around the edge and got almost 50 yards.

Advertisement
Game 1 vs Maryland when they ran 372936281 screens and we never adjusted. Not once.

Not so fast....We did adjust in the second half, even played some man coverage. I can't remember the kids name, but he played corner and got toasted deep late in the 4th quarter. Every since that play we have played in fear as Lu would describe it in the secondary. It was a sign of things to come.

I'm pretty sure it was McGee that got burned IIRC. Not that it really matters.

For me it was when we played KSU at home, that was the first time I noticed DE's covering WR's and us getting gashed by the zone read because they spread us out and we stayed in base personnel. Friggin infuriating.

Would you guys be happy if Al Golden stays, and Miami hires a new DC with a better fit scheme? Or Do you want Golden AND D'Onofrio gone all together?

Advertisement

Thomas Finnie? #20

I always knew it was kind of bad but a joke was against wake last year with those wide splits and these ****ers had no idea what was going on

I always knew it was kind of bad but a joke was against wake last year with those wide splits and these ****ers had no idea what was going on

Yep, WF had an 8:30 opening drive. On game day everything seems to come as a complete surprise to this staff.

Advertisement
LMAO at you ****ers that put Maryland... Obviously you weren't as loud as me because I argued with at least 90% of this board back then on how hot crap this D was and is. The motto was just wait till Golden gets his guys...

Year 2. I gave him year 1 because of the dearth of talent at CB, but we were actually better statistically in year 1 than we are now. Let that **** sink in.

Advertisement
Back