When did you realize D'Onofrio/Golden's defense was a joke?

Advertisement
Both those games were brutal. I've never seen teams pick up chunks of yardage so effortlessly. That's when I realized wait a minute, maybe our talent isn't up to par but it's not THAT bad.

when I saw Kansas State's backup guy Sams or whatever come in and run for chunks of yardage at will, I felt my soul like my soul was being ripped out of my chest and stomped on.

Advertisement
2011 vs. BC when we lost to a ****** BC team then reinforced after a summer of propaganda when we lost to UVA in 2012

Game 1 vs Maryland when they ran 372936281 screens and we never adjusted. Not once.

All the other trouncings were just exclamation points.

I believed we had a talent deficiency for the first couple of years, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt until last year. Then it was just failure after failure, culminating with Va Tech. And I was done

Advertisement
vs BC in 2012, the OC of BC didn't trust his eyes what O'nofrio was putting on the field and took a time out before the very first offensive play. I'd never seen sth. like that before.

shoulda been the 2012 GT game when Al Groh and his protege, Al Grohlden engaged in a 90 point shootout with mirrored defenses

Advertisement
[]_[]Fan2010;1998146 said:
Game 1 vs Maryland when they ran 372936281 screens and we never adjusted. Not once.

All the other trouncings were just exclamation points.

i think most of us knew it from the maryland game. but at the time it could have been a bunch of things like lack of talent etc...enough excuses to convince yourself and blindly think maybe it's not coaching. BC in their second season killed the hope that it will get better. Last season, take your pick. UNC with ebron running wide open all night, noone within 20 yards of him on simple crossing routes, wake forest marching at will against us, the worst VT team and specifically offense we will ever see getting 500+ yards on us without even trying...those were all really just icing on the cake, in case there was any doubt whatsoever.

UVA 2012. Kansas state and ND were BCS teams so I thought we were just behind talent wise.

But that UVA team was horrible and michael Rocco is horrible and completed every pass

Maryland. Edsall prepared for it and knew exactly how to defeat the D. They ran a lot of quick passes and we couldn't stop it and made no adjustments. Flash forward to Nebraska and guess what happened? They knew how we would line up and completely exploited the **** out of us and guess what next? We didn't make any adjustments.

This is beyond insanity, it's now just moronic to think this scheme works and even worse not being able to see it and make an adjustment. I'm honestly surprised their hasn't been a coach to stand up and question this ****. Barrow leaving right before the season may be just that. Who knows.

Advertisement
Labor Day vs Maryland opening night of Golden era

This right hrere. I was like WTF are we doing 15 yards off the ball on those WR screens by Maryland????

But I had no idea it was what the coaches actually coached.

Advertisement
Back