Votes: 36 19.6%
  • This century

Votes: 34 18.5%
  • Who said I was really a fan?

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
It's the offseason. If you have something better to discuss, please feel free to start a thread.

I'm not sure encouraging more threads is the best move when people will start a thread about literally anything here, and most of them are garbage.

But @305to954 has a point here... this one has been done several times that I can remember, and I haven't been on here as long as many others.

Advertisement
I was too young to really follow Canes football before the the end of the Shannon era, but I was born a Cane and I’ll die one too. Even after undergrad at FSU it’s still fvck the Noles 🙌🏼

Dead serious question... why not UCF?

I was a 'Cane since a little kid too and could've gotten paid to go to UF, but couldn't live with myself, so UCF was the only other in-state option I'd consider.

Tally is uhhh... man.... it's something.

My first real memory if the Peach Bowl vs Virginia Tech. I believe it was 1980 season. Jim Kelly had me hooked.
Same here, Kelly made a huge difference. They had a great team then and got ripped off his junior year and still ended up #8. Some very terrible phantom calls against Texas and Mississippi bringing back TDs from what I can remember. They should have gone undefeated that year. That injury he had his senior killed it for the team and a Heisman Trophy. The next they won their first National Championship.

Advertisement
Lol gotchu. You need to get back on it tho bruh

I know! I honestly forgot about it. I don't have cable TV but have a login so I just watch what's out when I can via apps. Saw there was a new season and was STOKED until I realized they were on season 4. FX is awful about re-watching old seasons and I'm not about to pay for their app.

I might grab Hulu or whatever for a month just to re-watch it, or just do the FX thing and binge all the seasons of Always Sunny and re-watch Fargo (which might be the best show running right now) while I'm at it.

I'm not sure encouraging more threads is the best move when people will start a thread about literally anything here, and most of them are garbage.

But @305to954 has a point here... this one has been done several times that I can remember, and I haven't been on here as long as many others.
It's the offseason, I'm pretty sure we can do with some unnecessary conversation.

Advertisement
And in this case, that's fair. All I'm saying is around these parts, encouraging posts because it's the offseason is a slippery slope.
As long as certain subjects are avoided I think we'll be alright. Even though we've been through about every Canes related subject on Earth, we can run through them one more time.

As long as certain subjects are avoided I think we'll be alright. Even though we've been through about every Canes related subject on Earth, we can run through them one more time.

My concern is the non-Canes related subjects, of which there have been many.

Advertisement
My dad was a walk on at UF where he met my mom at Sante Fe but he was a big Miami fan , had all the gear ...it’s all I’ve ever known ...I still remember sneaking his jerseys out of the house to wear to school , they would go down past my knees 🤣 obviously being born in 93 right when I was starting to really understand football coincided with those great seasons in 00 and 01

I was born into it, my father & all my uncles were Canes fans & they raised me to be one too.

But when I first started watching the Canes was around 4-5 years old in the early 90’s, my first Canes game I ever attended was when my dad took me & my brothers to Miami vs FSU in 94 in the OB.

That’s where I became a fan of Ray Lewis, before I ever even understood the game I remember being impressed by watching Ray & how fast he always got to the ball, it’s kinda crazy to think he got even better in the NFL but I vividly remember watching Ray at Miami & thinking even back then he was the best LB ever (obviously I was only a little kid so it’s not like I knew any better lol), but Ray always jumped out the screen for me & that’s what got me hooked to Canes football.

Not just Ray, but those early 90’s Canes squads were a big part of my Football development as a fan.

Advertisement
Back