When Did It Go Off The Rails For Enos at Miami?

Looking back at Richt, I think a lot of his simplicity had to do with some poor evaluations at QB. Some was surely to do with him burning out, but there were a ton of concepts he ran under Kaaya that just disappeared when he turned it over to Rosier/Perry.

Good point. It’s crazy to me that in recent history the most capable quarterbacks have been in my opinion Kaaya, Morris, and then Rosier. It would appear competence left the QB room a long time ago.

A guy like Rosier was always supposed to be a handy backup easily beat out by a more talented recruit who put in the work.

Advertisement
Real talk and not joking. In spring practice in Orlando, the first series the offense went straight backwards and defense got a safety I think. Anyway, it wasn’t better till Martell came in and the first team O got going against the 2nd team. Thought QB1 would certainly be Martell or Apostrophe and was floored it was Jarren. That was a pretty good clue it was going to be tough sledding on offense.

Welcome.jpg

I ask this question not in relation to on-the-field, but behind the scenes. From insiders and such, has there been any stories about when the relationship with CMD and Enos began to sour? Likewise, when did it start to go off the rails between him and his offensive players (if indeed it did so)? Was it during the season, or even prior to it?

I ask this question not in relation to on-the-field, but behind the scenes. From insiders and such, has there been any stories about when the relationship with CMD and Enos began to sour? Likewise, when did it start to go off the rails between him and his offensive players (if indeed it did so)? Was it during the season, or even prior to it?

Considering he never got on the same page with his quarterbacks and they all saw him as smug, entitled, un-relatable and talking down to them—safe to say as soon as he showed up on campus.

Likewise. I mean, you can make the argument a year ago that if Saban wanted him for OC, why shouldn't we?

Because Alabama was loaded with talent and anyone Saban seems to plug in there does just fine.

When you have an NFL-caliber offensive line, power running game, Top 5 quarterback and solid receivers—and offensive coordinator can call whatever he wants.

It's the equivalent of a video game where all players have 99 rankings and you're going up against an opponent with normal level talent.

For Enos to try and run said offense down in Miami without the o-line or quarterback—huge stain on his rep as a coach.

Coach the talent you have, not the talent you want. Needed to tweak his offense to fit his personnel. He didn't, hence why Miami's offense failed and got thrown out on his smug ***.

Advertisement
UF in 2 parts.

1) sticking with JC and Nelson waaaayy too long at tackles

2) not able to counter UF’s adjustments in the 2nd half. We moved the ball nicely a bit in the first half and then completely got shut out in 2nd.

Looking back at Richt, I think a lot of his simplicity had to do with some poor evaluations at QB. Some was surely to do with him burning out, but there were a ton of concepts he ran under Kaaya that just disappeared when he turned it over to Rosier/Perry.
CMR kept his play calling despite our inadequate OL and almost got Kaaya killed. Until the OL personnel allows, the offense will need to run plays that do not require them to hold blocks. I hope this new offense does that.

Real talk and not joking. In spring practice in Orlando, the first series the offense went straight backwards and defense got a safety I think. Anyway, it wasn’t better till Martell came in and the first team O got going against the 2nd team. Thought QB1 would certainly be Martell or Apostrophe and was floored it was Jarren. That was a pretty good clue it was going to be tough sledding on offense.
The problem is the Williams is the only talent we have at QB. Martell is an option QB basically and Perry doesnt have the arm ( he has strength but that is it ) to be a good QB. So unless Van Dyke is ready to start as a frosh Williams needs to grow the F up as he has NFL talent but a Mcdonalds mind right now if you get me . Or we need to get a grad transfer to transition to Van Dyke in a year.

It's a made up story just like everyone else close to the program.
Yall are a trip. So everyone just makes **** up to have an excuse huh? Ok tweet cam and ask him what happened when hickson choked him and hemmed him up to the point cam went and got his old boy to come out to practice and threaten hickson. Ask lo if hickson jumped on him in practice and threatened him on a regular. Ask deejay the same ****. Yall make every excuse possible for the staff and blame the kids who wanna leave the program or run to the nfl early knowing it's not a good idea just to get away.

Advertisement
Yall are a trip. So everyone just makes **** up to have an excuse huh? Ok tweet cam and ask him what happened when hickson choked him and hemmed him up to the point cam went and got his old boy to come out to practice and threaten hickson. Ask lo if hickson jumped on him in practice and threatened him on a regular. Ask deejay the same ****. Yall make every excuse possible for the staff and blame the kids who wanna leave the program or run to the nfl early knowing it's not a good idea just to get away.
You got me all wrong, if you've ever read my post on other threads, I've said it a million times only bad teacher not bad student. If you had also read the entire thread post for post, you would see I was getting a poster who states rumors as a fact and not speculation and then we asked to elaborate he gives no details and or source. All I'm saying is if you're going to make bold claims such as yours and his(which none of it is possible for me to believe and it would explain alot) than come out say names of who told you. Where I'm from if you say to one person, you said it to the world. I was just showing how easy it is to fabricate a story and put it out to the world and watch it become truth based on pure speculation and lies. Not saying that's you but if the shoe fits, wear it.

And please do not lump me with the masses. I've never lumped you in with the guys that come on here spouting they know what's going on behind closed doors just because they play fortnite or follow players on IG.

And please do not lump me with the masses. I've never lumped you in with the guys that come on here spouting they know what's going on behind closed doors just because they play fortnite or follow players on IG.
Fair enough. I dont read most posts unless I'm tagged. All I read is everyone close makes everything up. Seemed like a pretty general statement. If I'm wrong ok than. You say people should mention how they know stories etc but when people do then everyone on here turns around and makes everything about them. Threatening kids and families etc. Thas hoe ****. So why people gotta explain how they know the truth long as it's the truth. Certainly plenty of people make everything up on here. But that's on them. That's just more hoe ****

First game, was too busy / preoccupied with QB and play calling to make badly needed adjustment to help a new, young O-line by chipping, keeping TE in or RB to max protect. Still almost won - but think if we would have gotten just half of those plays that resulted in sacks back, we may have even converted a few had we not had the loss of yardage from the sack.

Advertisement
Pure speculation, see below.

After the Louisville game Enos approached Jarren for calling different plays in the huddle. A scuffle broke out between them and one of the players had to be restrained to a point one of the graduate assistants pulled a gun, which explains where the gun story came fro Hightower.

If true, Enos would have been fired on the spot, JW kicked off the team, and whoever pulled the gun probably facing charges. If it happened, then the team is in even worse condition than we think.

If true, Enos would have been fired on the spot, JW kicked off the team, and whoever pulled the gun probably facing charges. If it happened, then the team is in even worse condition than we think.
It's not true, it's pure speculation, it was made up just to show easy it to make up story and post it as true

Hickson should have been fired on the spot for that. Ain’t no need for hood type of accountability. Fire his *** off the bat.

How could Manny allow this type of behavior to take place?

Advertisement
I agree it was complex for the players but I’m a little worried the players are a huge problem too. Richt ran a simplistic offense because he could trust the execution of it. Enos reverted to a simplistic offense not by choice but by what appeared to be procedural penalties and offensive line limitations.

Lashlee’s offense is way simpler but the need to be ready to run a play at high tempo at all times is a different kind of mental and physical stress. If Lashlee’s offense by the end of 2020 is deemed “simple” and was a procedural penalty machine then we will know definitively the players are coach killers who blasted through 3 offensive coaches and philosohies in as many seasons.

Enos’s offense was bad but players couldn’t execute even the simple parts of it. There appeared to be no one play or aspect of it the players could execute effectively consistently.
i predict this will happen

When Dan Enos told a frustrated Manny Diaz, “Aw man, by multiple looks in my interview I thought you meant the amount of looks of disgust and shame I give my quarterbacks for trying to run my playbook. Whoops.”

The first time he coached hungover and lashed out at the players. Dude was a drunk I think. He sure appeared to be the type in my experiences. I also think he co owns a bar in Mich. with his brother. per Twatter.

Advertisement
Back