When Did It Go Off The Rails For Enos at Miami?

Advertisement
I doubt you will ever see any type coach from a top 10 team resort to this ****. Embarrassing.
C069B737-8214-4E9C-9C81-1E344540CE4E.jpeg

Last edited:
After FIU Enos had a few very disrespectful verbal arguments with Miami coaches and staff members. Fact
He never recovered from that. He lost everyone. He lost the kids and Manny. Until that game, he had a punchers chance.

After FIU Enos had a few very disrespectful verbal arguments with Miami coaches and staff members. Fact
He never recovered from that. He lost everyone. He lost the kids and Manny. Until that game, he had a punchers chance.
This a fact or speculation?

Any further details?

Advertisement
It became pretty apparent early on that the team could neither grasp the complexity of the offense nor really fit within it well when they did. The former was the real killer though, as you could see Enos reduce complexity and fall into a shell he didn't know how to get out of within games. I kept hoping that feel to improve and it just never did. Arguably got worse when the guys checked him out early November.

I ask this question not in relation to on-the-field, but behind the scenes. From insiders and such, has there been any stories about when the relationship with CMD and Enos began to sour? Likewise, when did it start to go off the rails between him and his offensive players (if indeed it did so)? Was it during the season, or even prior to it?

jarren Williams

Advertisement
It’s pretty telling that Enos talked about huge amounts of shifts and motions and variability in plays formations and by seasons end the offense looked more like Richt’s.

Enos was a bad hire, with a grating personality, and a poor philosophy but the players also struggled huge to execute simple parts of plays like a back blocking a blitzer, the o line handling stunts, receivers running pick plays, the quarterbacks being accurate, etc...

I think Enos really lost it all soon after Louisville. They should have been riding a high and ready to crush teams and then almost everyone on offense (Enos included) basically mailed it in. They scored 41 total points in 3 gams after crushing Louisville. FIU exposed the offense as soft with a watered down scheme incapable of consistency that had no identity. There should have been a buy in from everyone after Louisville that the offense could work and could put up points but instead it got to the lowest level of the entire season.

Not shocked and wouldn’t be shocked if he did this multiple times during the year

Not shocked and wouldn’t be shocked if he did this multiple times during the year
Pure speculation, see below.

After the Louisville game Enos approached Jarren for calling different plays in the huddle. A scuffle broke out between them and one of the players had to be restrained to a point one of the graduate assistants pulled a gun, which explains where the gun story came fro Hightower.

Advertisement
It’s pretty telling that Enos talked about huge amounts of shifts and motions and variability in plays formations and by seasons end the offense looked more like Richt’s.

Enos was a bad hire, with a grating personality, and a poor philosophy but the players also struggled huge to execute simple parts of plays like a back blocking a blitzer, the o line handling stunts, receivers running pick plays, the quarterbacks being accurate, etc...

I think Enos really lost it all soon after Louisville. They should have been riding a high and ready to crush teams and then almost everyone on offense (Enos included) basically mailed it in. They scored 41 total points in 3 gams after crushing Louisville. FIU exposed the offense as soft with a watered down scheme incapable of consistency that had no identity. There should have been a buy in from everyone after Louisville that the offense could work and could put up points but instead it got to the lowest level of the entire season.

His offense was so complex and such a poor fit for the players on the roster that they reverted back to a ton of Richt concepts, hence the emergence of the pistol formation and the insanely stale RPOs.

His offense was so complex and such a poor fit for the players on the roster that they reverted back to a ton of Richt concepts, hence the emergence of the pistol formation and the insanely stale RPOs.

I agree it was complex for the players but I’m a little worried the players are a huge problem too. Richt ran a simplistic offense because he could trust the execution of it. Enos reverted to a simplistic offense not by choice but by what appeared to be procedural penalties and offensive line limitations.

Lashlee’s offense is way simpler but the need to be ready to run a play at high tempo at all times is a different kind of mental and physical stress. If Lashlee’s offense by the end of 2020 is deemed “simple” and was a procedural penalty machine then we will know definitively the players are coach killers who blasted through 3 offensive coaches and philosohies in as many seasons.

Enos’s offense was bad but players couldn’t execute even the simple parts of it. There appeared to be no one play or aspect of it the players could execute effectively consistently.

I agree it was complex for the players but I’m a little worried the players are a huge problem too. Richt ran a simplistic offense because he could trust the execution of it. Enos reverted to a simplistic offense not by choice but by what appeared to be procedural penalties and offensive line limitations.

Lashlee’s offense is way simpler but the need to be ready to run a play at high tempo at all times is a different kind of mental and physical stress. If Lashlee’s offense by the end of 2020 is deemed “simple” and was a procedural penalty machine then we will know definitively the players are coach killers who blasted through 3 offensive coaches and philosohies in as many seasons.

Enos’s offense was bad but players couldn’t execute even the simple parts of it. There appeared to be no one play or aspect of it the players could execute effectively consistently.

Looking back at Richt, I think a lot of his simplicity had to do with some poor evaluations at QB. Some was surely to do with him burning out, but there were a ton of concepts he ran under Kaaya that just disappeared when he turned it over to Rosier/Perry.

Advertisement
Pure speculation, see below.

After the Louisville game Enos approached Jarren for calling different plays in the huddle. A scuffle broke out between them and one of the players had to be restrained to a point one of the graduate assistants pulled a gun, which explains where the gun story came fro Hightower.
Was it JW not being happy about it? Was it Enos’ attitude? For a player and coach to get into a scuffle....wow! Interesting story and thank you!
I wonder if Enos and JW had been having issues for quite some time

yea, I think it's pretty certain something happened during the FIU game and on. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire team felt Enos left them hanging out to dry in the FIU game - essentially making no adjustments for 3/4 of the game when it was clear the defense knew exactly what was coming. I'm sure Enos blamed the kids after that, probably taking no responsibility on himself. Probably blamed the defensive staff and players, too.

I didn't go back to look through the thread, but I think right after the FIU game was when @dsddcane said Manny contacted him about his nephew coming back and told him there would be changes to the offense/offensive staff.....

Was it JW not being happy about it? Was it Enos’ attitude? For a player and coach to get into a scuffle....wow! Interesting story and thank you!
I wonder if Enos and JW had been having issues for quite some time

It's a made up story just like everyone else close to the program.

Advertisement
Back