What's your grade on Redwine fellas?

ShadowSpring

Junior
He might be back this weekend which means we don't have to see Knowles as much, but whatcha think of Redwine?

I can't get the sight of him giving up several big runs versus FSU being overly aggressive, and then casually jogging down the field waiting for someone else to make the tackle.

Is this really much improvement?

Advertisement
Nobody was complaining about Redwine after he made several nice open field tackles against Duke.

That Akers' hit he took at FSU is embedded in my head, but he can't be worse than Beyonce.

Nobody was complaining about Redwine after he made several nice open field tackles against Duke.

yeah, give him props vs duke , he was solid that game ... then fsu he was awful and soft and got embarrassed. Knowels doesn't have the experience yet. Id take Robert over redwine though

Advertisement
I thought Redwine needed to step up more at Duke, but I'm in the minority. He made tackles but instincts and pre-snap reads were non-existent. That being said, I will never talk smack about Redwine again after seeing his replacement Knowles. Redwine doesn't whiff many tackles and doesn't leave guys wide open. I'd give him a B grade.

Advertisement
I wanna see what Derrick smith can do but #20 is not a UM caliber DB. Decent against the run but his coverage skills are terrible

He's good but playing out of position. Really, he's a corner who lacks top end speed. Still good in coverage though.

Advertisement
I do not think he is a legit safety. Just isn't physical enough. But with our current situation he is the best choice available.

I do not think he is a legit safety. Just isn't physical enough. But with our current situation he is the best choice available.

Yep, he's a corner all the way and a good one at that. Should have moved jackson to safety instead.

Advertisement
He opens up what we can do on defense with his CB background allowing him to play man coverage if we choose to keep 3 LBs on the field. Would like to see how he comes back after his soul was separated from his body by Akers though

C+ prior to seeing Knowles play. A+ after seeing Knowles play.

alonzo-mourning-heat-upset-then-realization.gif

Great tackler, but like you said he just needs to stay at home sometimes rather than being so aggressive

Advertisement
Back