What's your grade on Redwine fellas?

He’s ALOT better than knowles.....

True....I would put Sheldrick Redwine around a C+ to B-. I don't know why he even tried to go up against Cam Akers like that, getting ran over like that is a bad look. But i still expect him to be even better next season..

Jaquan Johnson has stepped up the last couple games. I got him at around a B- as well.

Robert Knowles is a solid F

A "F" would mean some effort has been put forth. I there anything lower than a F?

Advertisement
Nobody was complaining about Redwine after he made several nice open field tackles against Duke.

yeah, give him props vs duke , he was solid that game ... then fsu he was awful and soft and got embarrassed. Knowels doesn't have the experience yet. Id take Robert over redwine though

I appreciate you posting Mr. Knowles, but

giphy.gif

ok ok ok i was a little sour over redwine getting ran over by a freshman still ... SORRY

Redwine has played very solid imo. I don't think he's a great player or anything, but certainly he's much better than his replacements.

I think this year has shown just how much our talent level can still be improved. The entire backup LB core is trash (not including freshman yet, they deserve some time). Honestly even the starting safeties aren't much to write home about. CB is somewhere in the middle. Young and Bandy are good imo. Delaney has taken a major step forward since the coaches have allowed him to get physical on WRs. The DL is the only defensive position that is Deep and full of studs in the 1st and 2nd unit.

Luckily for us we have the best DB recruiting class possibly ever, especially if we land Tyson Campbell. Unfortunately for us we have zero LBs committed, and none of the 3 LBs in the last class have done anything, and judging by the fact Charles Perry has been getting so much PT that isn't the best sign.

Last edited:
Redwine has played very solid imo. I don't think he's a great player or anything, but certainly he's much better than his replacements.

I think this year has shown just how much our talent level can still be improved. The entire backup LB core is trash. Honestly even the starting safeties aren't much to write home about. CB is somewhere in the middle. Young and Bandy are good imo. Delaney has taken a major step forward since the coaches have allowed him to get physical on WRs. The DL is the only defensive position that is Deep and full of studs in the 1st and 2nd unit.

Luckily for us we have the best DB recruiting class possibly ever, especially if we land Tyson Campbell. Unfortunately for us we have zero LBs committed, and none of the 3 LBs in the last class have done anything, and judging by the fact Charles Perry has been getting so much PT that isn't the best sign.

id take redwine over jamal carter any day

Advertisement
Redwine at his peak wouldn't even be in our 2018 recruiting class, he's all we have until Carter gets up to speed

Advertisement
Best current option. He's not terrible, he's just not great. Above average in coverage, below average in run support. He appears to be a good tackler when he takes the correct angle and doesn't run himself out of the play. Haven't seen him blow any coverages since Toledo.

Jamal Carter was a pretty good Rover for us last year, he fit perfectly with this Defense.

He was lost a lot in Coverage, didn't really have great Ball skills, but was excellent in run support.

A lot of those huge run plays we've seen all season, in the Toledo, Duke (early on), FSU & GTech games would've been cut short by Jamal.

He was our leading Tackler last year & played a big part in our Run Defense. He cleaned a lot of plays up on the back end.
So why don't the coaches start true freshman Carter

Jamal Carter was a pretty good Rover for us last year, he fit perfectly with this Defense.

He was lost a lot in Coverage, didn't really have great Ball skills, but was excellent in run support.

A lot of those huge run plays we've seen all season, in the Toledo, Duke (early on), FSU & GTech games would've been cut short by Jamal.

He was our leading Tackler last year & played a big part in our Run Defense. He cleaned a lot of plays up on the back end.
So why don't the coaches start true freshman Carter

it's a total mystery

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back