Whats with the Mario craze

OleCane

DatOleCane
Have folks actually watched Oregon since Mario has been there? He had a few incredible losses over the last two years. His team absolutely choked leading 24-7 late in the 3rd quarter at home against Stanford and were driving to score and had the ball first and goal on the 2 yard line and they lined up in the shotgun and incredibly after the first snap was high and the qb almost lost it they went to the shotgun on 3rd down and again another high snap which Stanford grabbed and ran in for a score. They even went up again by 10 but with about 4 minutes to go they could not hold Stanford. And this year no one knows how they lost to Auburn. They could have gone up by about 3 TD's or 17 points, but they began to drop passes and even miss easy field goals. And with a chance to go to the College Football Playoff they laid an egg at Arizona State.

His teams are not very tough minded and they seem to have some Miami issues with dropped passes. But the in game decisions by Mario have added to their woes. He can recruit yes but his teams are a bit sloppy and his in game coaching decisions are questionable. I honestly think he would drive people crazy here and though he can definitely recruit I dont know if it will make up for his lack of coaching acumen.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Have folks actually watched Oregon since Mario has been there? He had a few incredible losses over the last two years. His team absolutely choked leading 24-7 late in the 3rd quarter at home against Stanford and were driving to score and had the ball first and goal on the 2 yard line and they lined up in the shotgun and incredibly after the first snap was high and the qb almost lost it they went to the shotgun on 3rd down and again another high snap which Stanford grabbed and ran in for a score. They even went up again by 10 but with about 4 minutes to go they could not hold Stanford. And this year no one knows how they lost to Auburn. They could have gone up by about 3 TD's or 17 points, but they began to drop passes and even miss easy field goals. And with a chance to go to the College Football Playoff they laid an egg at Arizona State.

His teams are not very tough minded and they seem to have some Miami issues with dropped passes. But the in game decisions by Mario have added to their woes. He can recruit yes but his teams are a bit sloppy and his in game coaching decisions are questionable. I honestly think he would drive people crazy here and though he can definitely recruit I dont know if it will make up for his lack of coaching acumen.

There is life on this planet!! I agree 100% but the Mario’s slurpers don’t get it.

I would say actually most of this board was against hiring Mario when Richt quit...Fast forward a year and sentiment has changed. Some has to do with Manny's epic 1st year blunder and Mario's pac12/rose bowl win this year.

But more than that, i think CIS and fans just want to fire everyone at Hecht and start over. Mario, Alonzo (who is really not qualified to be a college AD), whoever. I think people just want a complete change and these names are most realistic

Advertisement

We have the FIU version of Mario currently in Manolo Diaz...Mario has more head coaching experience than Manny and it shows every Saturday.

Advertisement
Those teams play for that man while ours folds. We can't even compete against an Auburn we would get roasted on national TV.
he ad like 7 injured players against auburn. most of them were major players too. I will be honest, they barely got by washington and wazzu but i saw that team outtough wisky in the rose bowl and most teams dont do that. they play tough.

I think the fact that he is recruiting at an elite level coupled with the fact that he just won his conference coupled with the fact that his team actually showed up for him and won a major bowl game might have something to do with it...

Recruiting at an Elite level with a class rated lower than ours and 3x times the financial backing?

Advertisement
His recruiting is elite. His ability as a CEO is getting there except for his OC hires.
His in game management still concerns me.
Everybody is talking about the Rose Bowl, but they needed a lot of turnover luck to win that game. Wouldn’t surprise me if the post-win expectancy was all WI.

I knew Oregon would lose on the road against Arizona St this season. He's good for a bad loss or two when he's playing on the road.

Advertisement
Back