What's up with Zion?

Zion had some trouble with his knee. The Hurricanes are struggling to become bowl eligible so they can play in a crappy bowl game in a crappy city and have a few extra practices.

Could Zion play with his knee and not unnecessarily risk further injury? I don’t know. I’m not a doctor, nor do I play one on tv. But his decision to shut it down is the right bidness decision and college football is a business.
Agree about the bidness decision. It’s his right, it’s his future.

Advertisement
I expect only the srs to make themselves eligible for the draft next year with the exception of one(Tyrique). Justice Oluwaseun, Mallory, Scaife, Agude, Lichtenstein, Antonio Moultrie, Caleb Johnson, DJ Ivey and Lou Hedley are out anyway.

From a production standpoint, nobody else is ready. Zion and Parrish would probably be drafted as well if they made themselves eligible.

Should be a good team next year with plenty of competition at every position but I am going to refrain from setting expectations for our potential growth next year. I have been sorely disappointed 99% of the time.
There’s gotta be an extra year of eligibility somewhere that Hedley can use

UM gave Zion a shot. He was a 2-star prospect receiving zero love from any major school and we gave him a lifeline.

The entire fan base then continued to support him through a rough year one because everyone saw the potential and knew he was thrown into a tough situation.

For him to choose to sit out now, especially when he is so desperately needed, is a giant slap in the face. Never mind the fact that he’s doing this to preserve — at best — a mid-round grade. It’s frustrating beyond comprehension.

I don’t know how you can watch your boys face off against your program’s most hated rival this weekend and think it’s okay to sit back and hope for the best.
And wasn't he around 240 when he got here. I remember he gained a ridiculous amount of weight as a freshman.

Advertisement
UM gave Zion a shot. He was a 2-star prospect receiving zero love from any major school and we gave him a lifeline.

The entire fan base then continued to support him through a rough year one because everyone saw the potential and knew he was thrown into a tough situation.

For him to choose to sit out now, especially when he is so desperately needed, is a giant slap in the face. Never mind the fact that he’s doing this to preserve — at best — a mid-round grade. It’s frustrating beyond comprehension.

I don’t know how you can watch your boys face off against your program’s most hated rival this weekend and think it’s okay to sit back and hope for the best.
IF true above, NFL types probably see right through it...

Off topic multiple times in a thread
Sarcasm I hope.
Why would it be sarcasm? Where do I begin how awful he was. Could start with his first two recruiting classes that were an abomination. Had a perfect storm filled with lucky bounces that got us to 10 wins. Literally balls fell in our lap(GT). Got embarrass 3 games to end the year and than got absolutely EMBARRASSED to open the following year against a **** LSU team. Golden brought in some talent and after Richt came, all that got flushed down the toilet. Finished 6-7 with a recurring class in 50’s, no talent on the roster the day he stepped down.

Why would it be sarcasm? Where do I begin how awful he was. Could start with his first two recruiting classes that were an abomination. Had a perfect storm filled with lucky bounces that got us to 10 wins. Literally balls fell in our lap(GT). Got embarrass 3 games to end the year and than got absolutely EMBARRASSED to open the following year against a **** LSU team. Golden brought in some talent and after Richt came, all that got flushed down the toilet. Finished 6-7 with a recurring class in 50’s, no talent on the roster the day he stepped down.

Cease and desist.

Advertisement
I see someone woke up in their marvel underoos thinking they are an actual superhero.

Learn to play nice child.

Get on my radar amd we'll pin my routine humiliations of you. Funny your mouth won't be so big then.

It's douche bags like you who end up 'fəking threads up.

Your choice, use your limited cognitive ability wisely nephew.
Cena Ooo GIF

3EB4ACD6-36D2-4D83-95A2-2DE351F1A01F.gif

13E53DE2-CD37-40DB-A96D-D5C511A019DC.gif

2945891E-4763-4CC9-86EA-CBB5A1889425.gif

@cway313 @OrangeBowlMagic

He’s not average , average ol don’t pass block as well as he does and grade out in the 90’s multiple times in a season. I swear people here overrate guys or underrate them and it’s nowhere in the middle lol. TS turned into a bum because he got beat 1-2 times even though he’s gone games without giving up a catch lol. Including UVA. It’s feast or famine here.

Zion is pretty **** good college LT, not great or special. His run blocking is less than stellar but he’s a quality player. He won’t be getting drafted as high as originally but even last year he was on pace to get picked mid to later. Regardless if it’s a draft pick or UDFA he’ll cash NFL checks. The only thing holding him back is the knee turning into a longterm issue.
What you just described cribby is an average college tackle , maybe slightly above average but no way he last in the nfl come on cribby

Advertisement
Dudes were ragging on Rousseau and he still ended up going in the first round. Zion will absolutely get drafted barring this knee being something degenerative or long term that leads teams to take him off their draft boards.
Did Zion have the kind of year Rousseau had? Obviously two different positions but Rousseau was one the best DE's in the country. Zion isn't even one of the best OL in the conference.

Advertisement
What you just described cribby is an average college tackle , maybe slightly above average but no way he last in the nfl come on cribby
Average OL aren’t good pass blockers grading out high most weeks. Average OL don’t get first round or second round projections. Scouts liked him last year but thought he needed another year since he was a true jr. He was a te most of his time in high school so believe it or not they see potential and he’s still pretty new to the position.. Just because some of y’all call him average doesn’t mean he is.

Obviously he won’t be getting drafted high now but a team will grab him at some point purely on potential and value.

A mid round prospect sitting out the entire season because of a **** knee scope is the perfect embodiment of what is wrong with Miami football.
Manny and Richt recruited some of the softest players in the country mainly south florida ones

I can't think of a single one of our former players that I do not actively cheer for in the NFL in hopes of great things. I got it when Rousseau did. Uncertain times, lots of unknowns back then, mom was a nurse seeing everything. Zion may be the first given all of the chatter around him sitting out.

I can't think of a single one of our former players that I do not actively cheer for in the NFL in hopes of great things. I got it when Rousseau did. Uncertain times, lots of unknowns back then, mom was a nurse seeing everything. Zion may be the first given all of the chatter around him sitting out.
Yep selfishly I wanted Rousseau to play because I thought he'd tear it up one final time and he would be a top 5 pick but I get it. This whole Zion thing is weird as ****. Mario himself said Zion will be ready opening weekend. GM's, scouts, and coaches will want answers and if those answers aren't good enough then no one will touch him in the draft.

Advertisement
Back