What's up with Zion?

Advertisement
No way he goes in the first, brother was a day 2 pick before this year and not playing this year is a BAAAD look. I wish Zion the best, but he really needed to play this year.

Another Classic CiS 1st Rd ( 1st Overall Potentially ) pick.

Zion has all the physical traits and has had moments of high production, but 1st rd with his current body of work, Fat Chance.

Unless Al Davis & Jerry Jones had a baby whose now a GM that I’m unaware of.

5323EDC7-A95E-4FF8-BA02-D63E98018592.gif

hopefully not.

he's average on his best day.

time to move on.
He’s not average , average ol don’t pass block as well as he does and grade out in the 90’s multiple times in a season. I swear people here overrate guys or underrate them and it’s nowhere in the middle lol. TS turned into a bum because he got beat 1-2 times even though he’s gone games without giving up a catch lol. Including UVA. It’s feast or famine here.

Zion is pretty **** good college LT, not great or special. His run blocking is less than stellar but he’s a quality player. He won’t be getting drafted as high as originally but even last year he was on pace to get picked mid to later. Regardless if it’s a draft pick or UDFA he’ll cash NFL checks. The only thing holding him back is the knee turning into a longterm issue.

I’ve never seen him as a R1 pick, and I’ve said as much here many times. I didn’t even think he was a day 2 pick, even before he sat out (although obviously he could have improved his stock if he played).

As cribby said, he can pass block but can’t run block. I also question how good of a pass blocker he actually is.

He didn’t give up many sacks in his 2nd or 3rd season, which likely contributed to the lofty draft grades. He also benefitted from having King at QB, who often either looked like Houdini or took off early with happy feet, or both.

Should come back and learn from Mario and mirabel.

Advertisement
He’s not average , average ol don’t pass block as well as he does and grade out in the 90’s multiple times in a season. I swear people here overrate guys or underrate them and it’s nowhere in the middle lol. TS turned into a bum because he got beat 1-2 times even though he’s gone games without giving up a catch lol. Including UVA. It’s feast or famine here.

Zion is pretty **** good college LT, not great or special. His run blocking is less than stellar but he’s a quality player. He won’t be getting drafted as high as originally but even last year he was on pace to get picked mid to later. Regardless if it’s a draft pick or UDFA he’ll cash NFL checks. The only thing holding him back is the knee turning into a longterm issue.

Thanks for the insight on this.

The CIS response is predictable. Our LT goes from highly projected draft pick to unavailable. Appears to have waited too long to get an injury fixed then perception is he quit on us.

Followed by your other post here which sounds like it was broadcast live from leave early to go undrafted studios.

Posters aren’t going to give him the benefit of the doubt when they came into the season expecting Evan Neal and got Evan Sheriffs production.

I wish him well. Unless he transfers then expect the heat here to be unbearable.

It sucks we didnt get to utilize him at all. But its a passing league and if he can protect a qb; he will latch on.

But I do wonder how much not playing a whole year impacts him. They gut you in those meetings and question everything about you. If he gets a mid round grade knowing Miami's recent struggles that means he better pray he gets picked in the 7th. Because recently that led to UFA...and those guys have to prove themselves quick or they bounce around for 2-3 years before deciding if they want to play in Canada or move on with life. As good as he was he doesnt have a seasons worth of film where he is locking down NFL caliber ends over and over.

If he's healthy it likely would help him to even just come back for the final 3 games and depending on how things play out the bowl. He could impress, show he is healthy and get back on that day 2 radar.

Advertisement
I’ve never seen him as a R1 pick, and I’ve said as much here many times. I didn’t even think he was a day 2 pick, even before he sat out (although obviously he could have improved his stock if he played).

As cribby said, he can pass block but can’t run block. I also question how good of a pass blocker he actually is.

He didn’t give up many sacks in his 2nd or 3rd season, which likely contributed to the lofty draft grades. He also benefitted from having King at QB, who often either looked like Houdini or took off early with happy feet, or both.

King hurt the OL more than helped. He constantly held the ball too long or left the pocket even though there was no pressure. He also rolled out more than normal which took half the field away and killed the pocket. That’s some of the reasons the pass game / OL improved when TVD started.

I agree. What I think this fanbase struggles to understand since it’s been so long and so few and far between….

When you have a 1st round tackle we will all know. Everyone in the fanbase will know. Dating back to our last 1st round tackle E Flowers…. Those guys are a different breed and their presence is felt on the field every single Saturday. Zion doesn’t fit that mold and never has. He’s a tremendous story and an incredible Eval by butch barry and Manny (LOL) but he’s not a 1st round tackle. Even if he came back next year I still don’t see a 1st round tackle. Late 2nd Early 3rd is his ceiling

UM gave Zion a shot. He was a 2-star prospect receiving zero love from any major school and we gave him a lifeline.

The entire fan base then continued to support him through a rough year one because everyone saw the potential and knew he was thrown into a tough situation.

For him to choose to sit out now, especially when he is so desperately needed, is a giant slap in the face. Never mind the fact that he’s doing this to preserve — at best — a mid-round grade. It’s frustrating beyond comprehension.

I don’t know how you can watch your boys face off against your program’s most hated rival this weekend and think it’s okay to sit back and hope for the best.

@Cribby I think we are kinda saying the same thing whereas you "lean positive" and I "lean negative".

By no fault of his own, his freshman year he was arguably the single worst OL, certainly OT in all of D1.

He has grown and improved his game dramatically for sure and should be lauded and recognized for it (I know I have givem him credit and ate a extra helping of crow @Fawk_U Haters **** you!)

With that said, I believe he's an overall average OL playing for a below average OL unit. My guestimation is he's not a starter on any Top 5-Top 10 team right now.

He is arguably the "best" OL in Miami's room, though not sure that's an accolade.

Advertisement
King hurt the OL more than helped. He constantly held the ball too long or left the pocket even though there was no pressure. He also rolled out more than normal which took half the field away and killed the pocket. That’s some of the reasons the pass game / OL improved when TVD started.
100% correct amd many of us said it repeatedly.

King was the worst case QB1 for Miami's OL room.

TVD gets the nod and instantly started playing better only because his technique was a much better fit for what the OL was(is) capable of.

Advertisement
Should be pinned to the top of the board just for a reminder if there's an accidental nanosecond that goes by where someone forgets our fans are retards.
I see someone woke up in their marvel underoos thinking they are an actual superhero.

Learn to play nice child.

Get on my radar amd we'll pin my routine humiliations of you. Funny your mouth won't be so big then.

It's douche bags like you who end up 'fəking threads up.

Your choice, use your limited cognitive ability wisely nephew.

Last edited:
UM gave Zion a shot. He was a 2-star prospect receiving zero love from any major school and we gave him a lifeline.

The entire fan base then continued to support him through a rough year one because everyone saw the potential and knew he was thrown into a tough situation.

For him to choose to sit out now, especially when he is so desperately needed, is a giant slap in the face. Never mind the fact that he’s doing this to preserve — at best — a mid-round grade. It’s frustrating beyond comprehension.

I don’t know how you can watch your boys face off against your program’s most hated rival this weekend and think it’s okay to sit back and hope for the best.
In no way did the entire fanbase see his potential. And I was a supporter and I'm not sure if I saw potential, it was more like "it's criminal he got thrown out there at 280 as a freshman." The entire fanbase is never 100% on anything.

In no way did the entire fanbase see his potential. And I was a supporter and I'm not sure if I saw potential, it was more like "it's criminal he got thrown out there at 280 as a freshman." The entire fanbase is never 100% on anything.
Kudos to Zion for having the mental resiliency to overcome his freshman humiliation.

Awful what staff did to him.

Don't forget how he tests will matter. He's prototypical size and weight. If he has good footwork, speed, technique and shows up with a clean hill of health he could be drafted anyplace.

Advertisement
Back