What's up with Zion?

In no way did the entire fanbase see his potential. And I was a supporter and I'm not sure if I saw potential, it was more like "it's criminal he got thrown out there at 280 as a freshman." The entire fanbase is never 100% on anything.
2650lb's! It was horrible.

Advertisement
Don't forget how he tests will matter. He's prototypical size and weight. If he has good footwork, speed, technique and shows up with a clean hill of health he could be drafted anyplace.
Do you think how Flowers ended up colors the thinking of NFL evals??

I see someone woke up in their marvel underoos thinking they are an actual superhero.

Learn to play nice child.

Get on my radar amd we'll pin my routine humiliations of you. Funny your mouth won't be so big then.

It's douche bags like you who end up 'fəking threads up.

Your choice, use your limited cognitive ability wisely nephew.
@PIPO You up?

Advertisement
Not at all.

Vernon Carey was another very late bloomer who didn't look draft-able until his senior year and parlayed that into a very good NFL career.
Key words “senior year”, at this point I’d like to believe that it’s greedy agents pushing guys to declare so they can get their cut and not a continuous stream of bad decisions.

Last edited:
Key words “senior year”, at this point I’d like to believe that it’s greedy agents pushing guys to declare so they can’t get their cut and not a continuous stream of bad decisions.
I think what his agent is telling him is strike while the iron is hot. His evals have been all over the place over the past 2 years and a history of injuries will definitely hurt your draft status. They're probably saying "If you get healthy and test and do nothing else i can get you into the middle rounds.

Should he come back to try for day 1 or day 2 draft? If he was being told he'd be an UDFA why not stay and get the NIL money and get better?

Not at all.

Vernon Carey was another very late bloomer who didn't look draft-able until his senior year and parlayed that into a very good NFL career.
I know this is a stretch...my ham handed point was Flowers going R1 came across as a surprise and reach by Giants.

He then went on to not have a R1 NFL career.

Now certainly Zion isn't responsible for that, but Miami hasn't been an OL factory pipeline to the next level.

I guess im rambling on about if Zion was at Bama or Jawga, he gets the benefit of the doubt. Coming from Miami though, not sure..

Advertisement
Ya'll don't get scared when you see a bunch of dudes on the '22 roster jump into the portal. It is going to happen, everyone that knows knows it, don't get shook by some of the names you've known for a couple years do it. Casuals are going to be alarmed but don't you be.

One word that accurately describes our off season transfer portal exodus--"Debridement". That is the closest glossary word I could up with that describes what is about to take place in the off-season. We are getting rid of the dead weight, dead tissue, the rot so that the rest of the body can heal. The portal guys leaving were that rot. Actually, it is going to be quite revealing about the gentlemen that leave. Some savvy CiS'er is going to run a list of those that left with video of their effort in games and it's going to all make sense.

It is almost a foregone conclusion that Zion is gone. CMC almost sounds disappointed with Zion when the media ask about him.

I know this is a stretch...my ham handed point was Flowers going R1 came across as a surprise and reach by Giants.

He then went on to not have a R1 NFL career.

Now certainly Zion isn't responsible for that, but Miami hasn't been an OL factory pipeline to the next level.

I guess im rambling on about if Zion was at Bama or Jawga, he gets the benefit of the doubt. Coming from Miami though, not sure..
It may affect getting drafted in round 1. Round 1 is a pick that you just can't mess up. Really its the first 2 rounds that are gold. Scouts do their most research for that pick. After that you can take some chances. But NFL scouts take kids from small schools all the time who've never produced really good NFL players ever, if the talent jumps off the board.

I don't know if Miami has lost its reputation for producing OL yet.

Advertisement
UM gave Zion a shot. He was a 2-star prospect receiving zero love from any major school and we gave him a lifeline.

The entire fan base then continued to support him through a rough year one because everyone saw the potential and knew he was thrown into a tough situation.

For him to choose to sit out now, especially when he is so desperately needed, is a giant slap in the face. Never mind the fact that he’s doing this to preserve — at best — a mid-round grade. It’s frustrating beyond comprehension.

I don’t know how you can watch your boys face off against your program’s most hated rival this weekend and think it’s okay to sit back and hope for the best.
This right here is what’s wrong with our football culture. All our players put themselves first and numerous players the past 20 years declaring when they have no business doing so. Y’all ***** about the fans but the players are just as toxic too.

If he declares good luck just don’t be shocked when realistically he will go 6th-7th round with his body of work.

could be a very unpopular opinion, but in these cases, where a player and his "agent" are calling the shots and not holding up his obligation to the team & scholarship, would it be crazy to pull all his access to trainers, facilities, gym, etc....???? Let the **** agent handle his private training and facility use... Also, possibly scholarship pull??? I just can't imagine Bama and Saban giving free reign to a kid packing it in and refusing to play for draft reasons...

I guess the slippery area is knowing when a kid is really unable to play due to injury and when he's packing it in..

Advertisement
could be a very unpopular opinion, but in these cases, where a player and his "agent" are calling the shots and not holding up his obligation to the team & scholarship, would it be crazy to pull all his access to trainers, facilities, gym, etc....???? Let the **** agent handle his private training and facility use... Also, possibly scholarship pull??? I just can't imagine Bama and Saban giving free reign to a kid packing it in and refusing to play for draft reasons...

I guess the slippery area is knowing when a kid is really unable to play due to injury and when he's packing it in..
I'd love for this to happen but it would probably hurt with recruiting

He was getting first to second round grades from NFL people. Even now his agent believes he’ll be drafted and he’s one of the better agents in the league. Zion has been a really good pass blocking OL that’s lacking in the run blocking dept. Last time I checked its a passing league. On top of that he has potential and the traits you want. Those matter just as much as film. Even though he does have three years on tape with drastic improvement each year.

He‘s obviously not a first or second rounder now but there’s confidence he’ll get picked up on his side. Regardless if it’s as a FA or mid to later pick somebody will pick him up as a bargain knowing where he was getting projected last year mixed with potential.
So, is the injury significant enough that he hasn't seen the field or has he/agent simply written off the season & moved on to NFL plans?

UM gave Zion a shot. He was a 2-star prospect receiving zero love from any major school and we gave him a lifeline.

The entire fan base then continued to support him through a rough year one because everyone saw the potential and knew he was thrown into a tough situation.

For him to choose to sit out now, especially when he is so desperately needed, is a giant slap in the face. Never mind the fact that he’s doing this to preserve — at best — a mid-round grade. It’s frustrating beyond comprehension.

I don’t know how you can watch your boys face off against your program’s most hated rival this weekend and think it’s okay to sit back and hope for the best.

Well stated.

Last edited:

You’d have to go into a PR war with the kid and there’s just no way to come out of that looking good to everyone.

Advertisement
Back