What's the strategy here?

paksat

Junior
Banned
Let's be real

1. College football is beyond corrupt, it's literally absolutely sickening what has been allowed to happen to our sport. The yankees have come to college football in the worst way. Who has the most money is going to win, no ifs ands or buts about it. They will eventually have all the resources whether it's players, coaches, facilties and ofc bags

2. Miami as much as I live for this program, can't keep up with it. We have to rely on one thing and one thing only in this game imo and that is heart. Kids that WANNA BE hurricanes. Coaching helps but it's only gonna get us so far when we have second tier players

3. fbi needs to get involved

Advertisement
Maybe it is tough to win a ship every year without bags but we cant complain about that yet. We can make it to the playoffs and we haven't done that while teams like Michigan St., Washington, Oregon have. When we finally accomplish that then we can ***** all we want about the bags and corruption. Theres no bag excuse to make it to the playoffs.

Advertisement
I don't think Clemson is a particularly
dirty program, but maybe I'm naive. They seem to be doing all right.

Advertisement
If it was as simple as spending money, the Yankees would win a lot more games. Since 2001, does anyone do less, with the amount of money they spend, than the Yankees? Money doesn't guarantee success, it may make it easier but it surely doesn't guarantee it.

[Back to college] There are plenty of teams that spend a chit ton of money and have almost no success. There are also plenty of teams that spend a fraction of the money and have a lot of success. Stop worrying about this bullchit.

As for Bama and Clemson. Bama isn't on the schedule for awhile. Same with Clemson, they're not on the schedule next year. We might play one of these teams but they're not actually on the schedule. Stop worrying about them.

As for us, we're still struggling and losing to inferior teams; this should concern you more than Clemson or Bama. We need to worry about getting the right players for us, developing them, coaching them up and putting them in the best position to succeed. If Richt is the right guy, he will take us there and get it done. If not, we will find a new coach and move on.

Side note: You're naive to think that it is only these two teams.

Last edited:
If it was a simple as spending money, the Yankees would win a lot more games. Since 2001, does anyone do less, with the amount of money they spend, than the Yankees? Money doesn't guarantee success, it may make it easier but it surely doesn't guarantee it.

[Back to college] There are plenty of teams that spend a chit ton of money and have almost no success. There are also plenty of teams that spend a fraction of the money and have a lot of success. Stop worrying about this bullchit.

As for Bama and Clemson. Bama isn't on the schedule for awhile. Same with Clemson, they're not on the schedule next year. We might play one of these teams but they're not actually on the schedule. Stop worrying about them.

As for us, we're still struggling and losing to inferior teams; this should concern you more than Clemson or Bama. We need to worry about getting the right players for us, developing them, coaching them up and putting them in the best position to succeed. If Richt is the right guy, he will take us there and get it done. If not, we will find a new coach and move on.

Both teams are on the recruiting schedule.

Advertisement
If it was a simple as spending money, the Yankees would win a lot more games. Since 2001, does anyone do less, with the amount of money they spend, than the Yankees? Money doesn't guarantee success, it may make it easier but it surely doesn't guarantee it.

Exactly no bag excuses for losing to pitt and wiconsin

I thought so.

Look, you're 100% correct that job 1 is not losing to inferior teams (which is almost all of them). But to say that we shouldn't think about bama or clempson ignores the fact that we lose guys we want to them every year. At some point we need to beat them to be where we want and as long as they get the PS2s and TCs of the world and we don't, that's going to be difficult.

It's not as simple as spending money, but that's a piece of the puzzle.

How does the NCAA explain that in an "amateur" sport Alabama and others are allowed to go on a massive spending spree so that parity doesn't exit anymore?

The only way to level the landscape now is put in place spending caps.
I for one would be in favor of paying every scholarship football player the same amount of money regardless of the school they went to.
This would end the "bags" situation and the myth that these are amateur athletes when their coaches make multimillion dollar salaries and video game companies profit of their game.

Advertisement
I thought so.

Look, you're 100% correct that job 1 is not losing to inferior teams (which is almost all of them). But to say that we shouldn't think about bama or clempson ignores the fact that we lose guys we want to them every year. At some point we need to beat them to be where we want and as long as they get the PS2s and TCs of the world and we don't, that's going to be difficult.

It's not as simple as spending money, but that's a piece of the puzzle.

You thought right; your porst was awful and that is why you got that response.

I am concerned with teams actually on the REAL schedule. I am not concerned with finishing 4th or 8th in recruiting.

We have the talent and we had the talent. Coach em up and put these players in the best position to have success against the teams on the actual schedule.

i never named any teams..

go check the trophy case of the yankees

You thought right; your porst was awful and that is why you got that response.

I am concerned with teams actually on the REAL schedule. I am not concerned with finishing 4th or 8th in recruiting.

We have the talent and we had the talent. Coach em up and put these players in the best position to have success against the teams on the actual schedule.

4th or 8th? How about landing the very best players or not? I'm talking about getting the guys that Richt has decided he'd most like to have on his team, and we're still losing those guys to bama and clemson and now georgia. Your post is terrible for ignoring that we're still competing with teams even if we don't play them THIS YEAR.

Advertisement
Back