What's the strategy here?

Maybe Vince McMahon starts a minor league and is up front about paying players out of high school?

Advertisement
4th or 8th? How about landing the very best players or not? I'm talking about getting the guys that Richt has decided he'd most like to have on his team, and we're still losing those guys to bama and clemson and now georgia. Your post is terrible for ignoring that we're still competing with teams even if we don't play them THIS YEAR.

I am not ignoring it. You might benefit from a reading comprehension class. That part about getting the right players is about that. I thought it was clear and obvious.

So you can worry about Clemson, Bama and UGA all you want. They’re not on the real schedule.

Side note: those teams aren’t on the actual schedule this year, next year or the following either.

I don't think Clemson is a particularly
dirty program, but maybe I'm naive. They seem to be doing all right.

Clemson may be the dirtiest of all. Just with Sammy Watkins alone.. condos on the beach for fam, $$$$$$$$, etc, etc

Advertisement
Yea ole miss bit off m
If it was a simple as spending money, the Yankees would win a lot more games. Since 2001, does anyone do less, with the amount of money they spend, than the Yankees? Money doesn't guarantee success, it may make it easier but it surely doesn't guarantee it.

[Back to college] There are plenty of teams that spend a chit ton of money and have almost no success. There are also plenty of teams that spend a fraction of the money and have a lot of success. Stop worrying about this bullchit.

As for Bama and Clemson. Bama isn't on the schedule for awhile. Same with Clemson, they're not on the schedule next year. We might play one of these teams but they're not actually on the schedule. Stop worrying about them.

As for us, we're still struggling and losing to inferior teams; this should concern you more than Clemson or Bama. We need to worry about getting the right players for us, developing them, coaching them up and putting them in the best position to succeed. If Richt is the right guy, he will take us there and get it done. If not, we will find a new coach and move on.

Side note: You're naive to think that it is only these two teams.

Yea ole miss was getting a little ballsy with the bag dropping

You thought right; your porst was awful and that is why you got that response.

I am concerned with teams actually on the REAL schedule. I am not concerned with finishing 4th or 8th in recruiting.

We have the talent and we had the talent. Coach em up and put these players in the best position to have success against the teams on the actual schedule.
It's not just about what team is on the schedule. These teams with incredible war chests are hiring coaches for crazy money. Paying 2.5 mil for a coordinator? Miami's not going to be able to do that. Do you think we have or have had the talent to win a ring recently? If the bag game is real, and I think it is, some teams will just pile up talent and high dollar coaches. imo it's ******* up college football.

It's not just about what team is on the schedule. These teams with incredible war chests are hiring coaches for crazy money. Paying 2.5 mil for a coordinator? Miami's not going to be able to do that. Do you think we have or have had the talent to win a ring recently? If the bag game is real, and I think it is, some teams will just pile up talent and high dollar coaches. imo it's ******* up college football.

The post is very clear.

We’re still struggling with teams that have inferior talent and are actually on the schedule. You can fear whoever you want.

Advertisement
You must have some cool life porsting and drinking. Go easy on the Malibu.

you want a more detailed response?
The post is very clear.

We’re still struggling with teams that have inferior talent and are actually on the schedule. You can fear whoever you want.

quarter back that can't hit the broad side of a barn

wide recievers running wide open

offensive line that is quite, offensive

do you not read hurricanevisions posts? Diaz is probably not what we thought he was

we put up how many points on wisconsin?

idk what kinda miracles you're expecting out of richt right now with this depleted roster. We had a converted defensive end as the back up tight end..

I'm skeptical of the defensive side but this offense is going to be elite whether you wanna believe it or not

you want a more detailed response?

quarter back that can't hit the broad side of a barn

wide recievers running wide open

offensive line that is quite, offensive

do you not read hurricanevisions posts? Diaz is probably not what we thought he was

we put up how many points on wisconsin?

idk what kinda miracles you're expecting out of richt right now with this depleted roster. We had a converted defensive end as the back up tight end..

I'm skeptical of the defensive side but this offense is going to be elite whether you wanna believe it or not

Another **** porst. Are you having a conversation in your head? What do you think is actually happening right now?

Go back to your Malibu and **** ****tail. Go cry about teams not on the schedule.

The post is very clear.

Well I guess you can stick with that but the goal is to win championships. To do that, Miami will have to go through teams like Clemson, Bama, and Georgia.

Another **** porst. Are you having a conversation in your head? What do you think is actually happening right now?

Go back to your Malibu and **** ****tail. Go cry about teams not on the schedule.

you're a terrible poster.

bottom f*cking line, look I get it your hot about how the recruiting ended but you're just being ridiculous

we beat notre dame 41-8

we stomped va tech despite the score not indicating just how bad it really truly is

since when did I even cry about teams not on the schedule

maybe YOU need to put down the bottle

Advertisement
you're a terrible poster.

bottom f*cking line, look I get it your hot about how the recruiting ended but you're just being ridiculous

we beat notre dame 41-8

we stomped va tech despite the score not indicating just how bad it really truly is

since when did I even cry about teams not on the schedule

maybe YOU need to put down the bottle

I am not mad or “hot” about recruiting. You’re having conversations that don’t exist. Where did I act “hot” about recruiting?

Drink and porst less, please.

Advertisement
Let's be real

1. College football is beyond corrupt, it's literally absolutely sickening what has been allowed to happen to our sport. The yankees have come to college football in the worst way. Who has the most money is going to win, no ifs ands or buts about it. They will eventually have all the resources whether it's players, coaches, facilties and ofc bags

2. Miami as much as I live for this program, can't keep up with it. We have to rely on one thing and one thing only in this game imo and that is heart. Kids that WANNA BE hurricanes. Coaching helps but it's only gonna get us so far when we have second tier players

3. fbi needs to get involved
1) has already been properly addressed by @Consigliere
2)we need to change minds. We did some of that already with this class. Cleveland Reed was supposed to be a Gator, Mallory a Wolverine. Getting kids that want to be Canes will only get you so far especially coming off a decade plus of being irrelevant. 2018 was a great step forward but we have to keep it going. We need to convince players that Miami is the right place for them even over programs like Bama, tOSU and Clemson.

How does the NCAA explain that in an "amateur" sport Alabama and others are allowed to go on a massive spending spree so that parity doesn't exit anymore?

The only way to level the landscape now is put in place spending caps.
I for one would be in favor of paying every scholarship football player the same amount of money regardless of the school they went to.
This would end the "bags" situation and the myth that these are amateur athletes when their coaches make multimillion dollar salaries and video game companies profit of their game.

Welcome to the cause...Just understand some posters just won't get it.

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/alabamas-dominance-in-context-death-of-cfb.104100/

Advertisement
Back