Whats the deal with Dalvin Cook

Random thought of the day.

What is sooooooooooooo special about the SEC?
TAMU great offense spotty defense
Tenn good offense bad d
LSU offense sucks but they play good d.
Fla offense sucks but they play good d.
SCar offense sucks but they play good d.
MSU offense ok but they play good d

Only well rounded teams playing good o and good d are bama and georgia.
Mizzou has some nice receivers they just need a QB.

But if your a star WR why go to LSU or FLA. Or USC when you wont be used too much?
Defensive players i understand.

SMH.

Advertisement

Tenn good offense bad d

But if your a star WR why go to LSU or FLA. Or USC when you wont be used too much?

SMH.

Please elaborate?
Is that not true? Im just looking at the numbers.

Because the atmosphere at those places is different. The girls, the weather, the dedication to the athletic dept (football, most notably), the television exposure. What's not to like? None of these star backs and receivers look at a struggling offense and say, "i'm not sure I'm good enough to change that offense". I despise the SEC bias that ESPN has created as much as anyone but let's not pull the covers over our eyes. The opportunity there is as good as anywhere

Tenn good offense bad d

SMH.

Please elaborate?

this is stupid. look at one number ........ 7

Tenn good offense bad d

SMH.

Please elaborate?

this is stupid. look at one number ........ 7

Agreed 100%. And beyond the numbers are the intangibles...atmosphere, fan adoration and $$, and the only game in the town - and state in many cases

On another note maybe a playoff will help change this trend. Anything can happen in a playoff system. And tHe BCS starts off so skewed out of the gate

Advertisement

Tenn good offense bad d

I thought for sure after their bowl performances with losses to what was essentially deemed as inferior teams the SEC would catch a little ****. Nope, the marketing and media teams were on full press to make up for it. Going into the off-season you'd think they won every one of their bowl games. Smh

Because the atmosphere at those places is different. The girls, the weather, the dedication to the athletic dept (football, most notably), the television exposure. What's not to like? None of these star backs and receivers look at a struggling offense and say, "i'm not sure I'm good enough to change that offense". I despise the SEC bias that ESPN has created as much as anyone but let's not pull the covers over our eyes. The opportunity there is as good as anywhere

I get that. Every thousands of kids go to college every last one wants to make it to the league. But there are only 250 something draft picks.
Im only saying if you are like a top ten receiver why not go to a school who will use that talent? To market yourself to the league.
Go to a school like USC, Miami, any of those big 12 schools? Its a business. The kids dont know it but they are business.
As much as i hate other programs.
I will never hate a kid for making a smart business like being a top receiver and going to school to show your skills.
Fla is a school that's like the death of receivers. So is OSU and many other top programs.
If a RB goes to the SEC thats smart. The SEC runs the football so the kid is marketing himself.
That makes sense to me. What doesn't make sense is trying to change the school. Driskel is ok and Mettenburger is not that good who in their right mind would want to catch balls from them?

Tenn good offense bad d

I thought for sure after their bowl performances with losses to what was essentially deemed as inferior teams the SEC would catch a little ****. Nope, the marketing and media teams were on full press to make up for it. Going into the off-season you'd think they won every one of their bowl games. Smh

Exactly thank you. Even clemson beat LSU. I like that it made the ACC look that much better

Advertisement

Tenn good offense bad d

Exactly thank you. Even clemson beat LSU. I like that it made the ACC look that much better

Which was a great win for the ACC, but that doesn't change the aspect that the SEC has won the last 7 BCS championships. Before we start any ****t talking here, lets end their streak of MNCs. Yeah the Sugar Bowl was an embarrassment for the conference and UFag, but the most important one was the one where Bama took apart ND.

Last edited:

Tenn good offense bad d

Which was a great win for the ACC, but that doesn't change the aspect that the SEC has won the last 7 BCS championships. Before we start any ****t talking here, lets end their streak of MNCs. Yeah the Sugar Bowl was an embarrassment for the conference and UFag, but the most important on was the one where Bama took apart ND.

True enough. But i think this is the last year they will win it. I honestly believe it will be alabama with a three peat. They lost three OL and milliner.
Offense still got AJ, Yeldon, Cooper. Defense still got a bunch of dudes too. Once the playoffs start. It will be the end of their run.

Advertisement

Tenn good offense bad d

It's recruiting, it's not supposed to make $en$e especially, with sofl kids

Advertisement
- Committed to Florida because of the support system and the guys making him feel like it is the right place for him
- Miami coaches Coley and hurlie were at practice recently and call all the time. Likes both and thinks they are "great guys"
- When asked about visits he said "of course florida" Miami, OSU, Louisville and Bama
- Knows tons of Miami players and says Miami not afraid to play young guys so that is a plus for Miami
- Want to work more on running between the tackles
- Says schools just need to continue to recruit him and will have final decision around playoff time
- Says Yearby and Darling recruit him everyday
- Was approaced by a Miami fan at a gas station asking why he isnt going to miami. lol

- Committed to Florida because of the support system and the guys making him feel like it is the right place for him
- Miami coaches Coley and hurlie were at practice recently and call all the time. Likes both and thinks they are "great guys"
- When asked about visits he said "of course florida" Miami, OSU, Louisville and Bama
- Knows tons of Miami players and says Miami not afraid to play young guys so that is a plus for Miami
- Says schools just need to continue to recruit him and will have final decision around playoff time
- Was approaced by a Miami fan at a gas station asking why he isnt going to miami. lol

i did offer to fill his tank though....

he only wanted a black n mild

That last part is hilarious and usually when kids are committed but still have to make a "final decision" they don't end up staying (at least for us that is)

Advertisement
Back