What's the College Football fan split where you reside?

I live in Va.

its like 75% Nole. 20% Cane 5% gator.

Although I am seeing in influx in Cane symbols and gear; FSU fans run amock.

I play flag football in tourneys all over the state and whenever I rock my canes hat, chair, and gym bags, :sneakiness: , I get a bunch of Tomahawk beat meats screaming and flailing arms from all directions.

TBH, Virginia is such a melting pot of the deep south and north east there are fans of sooo many different teams.

As far as the state teams, VPI gets the nod as the heavy fave. Probably 65% VPI 35% UVA

For the noles, just go with their chop and then fad to the right with it a couple times, then give it a left and finally slap your hand with your other hand and let arm fall limply to your side. The big finish is your basic choking hold on your throat.

Advertisement
I live in Va.

I play flag football in tourneys all over the state and whenever I rock my canes hat, chair, and gym bags, :sneakiness: , I get a bunch of Tomahawk beat meats screaming and flailing arms from all directions.

TBH, Virginia is such a melting pot of the deep south and north east there are fans of sooo many different teams.

As far as the state teams, VPI gets the nod as the heavy fave. Probably 65% VPI 35% UVA

I'm in Richmond and I mostly concur. I don't see much of us or the Gayturds as it is mostly F$U. Virginia Tech fans are far more visible and engaged than UVA.

Yeah, FSU is deep around the entire state. Mostly bandwagon as half of them are VPI fans too.

I am starting to see a lot more U stickers.

I got Plates( that i dont use cuz Va police are crazy af) stickers, and flags.

People that see my stickers always give me a honk and throw up the U

Whenever i got to lane or Scott stadium we always have a good turnout of Canes at the games.

Ive met soo many Va Canes over the years it's not even funny.

Montana...so...

Half Grizzlies, half Bobcats.

I've never seen a group of people get so excited for subpar football.

This is the second time I've seen you bag on the Griz. That'll be just about enough of that.

/deride the cats all you want.

Clearly you are not a native, so what takes you to Montana?

I'm a 6th generation Montanan. Don't really get the excitement over the Griz, despite most of my family (including myself) having attended UMontana.

Cats are insufferable, Missoula thinks too highly of their "playoffs". I could give the Griz some credit if they attempted to move up instead of scheduling St. Mary's School for the Deaf every other year.

Most of my animosity towards them pertains to football...I don't mind their basketball team though...Krysko really put them on the up and up.

So you want a school in a state with less than a million total pop to foolishly try to jump to a higher division? And your scheduling comment is ridiculous as well. They are scheduling exactly as they should for a team trying to make the playoffs every year. 1/2 bought games (either d2 or nonscholly FCS) and 1 home-and-home with "power FCS conf" team (MVFC, SLC, SoCon, CAA). Throw in the occasional FBS game (every 4 years or so). Montana is exactly who they should be as a football program, given population size and resource constraints. They'd likely end up just like Idaho, if they tried the jump up.

Wait a second guys, they play football in Montana? I almost bought a ranch out there in the 70's and all I saw was cattle. Came back in December to close and all I saw was snow, so I bought more land in Florida instead. If is God's country out there -- well until the snow hits.

Atlanta
50%-60% Dawgs: It would be more but HOPE scholarship forces many to attend Auburn or other SEC schools.
~15% are for the other SEC schools with Auburn, Alabama and Tennessee dominating, though, you see a fair amount of LSU as well.
~5% are FSU
~5% are UF
You do not see a lot of UVA, vanderbilt, UNC or others. The "smart" kids do not show their colors much, though, Duke and UNC houses put their flags out on basketball game days. Spent 4-years in Atlanta and we despised that city. It is the mecca of the SEC.....

We are now in LA and it is 60% USC, 25% UCLA and 10% Stanford. Every team has 2-3 bars devoted to them. Iowa dominates in Santa MOnica for some reason.....

Advertisement
Dunellen, New Jersey

40% Penn State
30% Notre Dame
20% Pitt
9% Temple
and DannyBoy

445797560_640.jpg

Montana...so...

Half Grizzlies, half Bobcats.

I've never seen a group of people get so excited for subpar football.

This is the second time I've seen you bag on the Griz. That'll be just about enough of that.

/deride the cats all you want.

Clearly you are not a native, so what takes you to Montana?

I'm a 6th generation Montanan. Don't really get the excitement over the Griz, despite most of my family (including myself) having attended UMontana.

Cats are insufferable, Missoula thinks too highly of their "playoffs". I could give the Griz some credit if they attempted to move up instead of scheduling St. Mary's School for the Deaf every other year.

Most of my animosity towards them pertains to football...I don't mind their basketball team though...Krysko really put them on the up and up.

So you want a school in a state with less than a million total pop to foolishly try to jump to a higher division? And your scheduling comment is ridiculous as well. They are scheduling exactly as they should for a team trying to make the playoffs every year. 1/2 bought games (either d2 or nonscholly FCS) and 1 home-and-home with "power FCS conf" team (MVFC, SLC, SoCon, CAA). Throw in the occasional FBS game (every 4 years or so). Montana is exactly who they should be as a football program, given population size and resource constraints. They'd likely end up just like Idaho, if they tried the jump up.

Montana has over 1 mil population these days...so there goes that argument.

They've got the best facilities in D1-AA, they've got a lot of big money backing them, they're just too much of myopic pansies to move up. They don't want to lose the money that the playoffs bring them, and are perfectly content to remain in an also-ran conference status. The resource excuse is just that...an excuse. There's no reason they couldn't be Boise State. Idaho's a bad example, considering they play in bumfvckEgypt in a combine/tractor shed on the fringes of the Palouse.

Their schedules are a joke. Nothing says awesome like scheduling St. Francis, Liberty, or some other half-rate school from Canada. The Big Sky sucks as a conference and isn't near what it once was. Sure, you've got Eastern, but that's about it. No more Nevadas, no more Boise States, no more Idahos, nothing. What's to be proud of when you're beating Southern Utah, Idaho State, or Cal Davis?

Griz are a joke of a football program, and are basically the Atlanta Braves of D1-AA. I can't see why anyone would get super excited and pumped up about them, considering they play in a ****** conference against ****** competition.

Jesus, we're really ragging on each other for our lack of knowledge of Montana's population. It's 1,032,949. I've taken ***** bigger than that.

Ocala, Fl.
80 % Turds
14% FSU
4% Canes
2% UCF

Only Time they show Canes on TV is if they happen to play ****'s or FSU or if they lose

Advertisement
I live in Va.

I'm in Richmond and I mostly concur. I don't see much of us or the Gayturds as it is mostly F$U. Virginia Tech fans are far more visible and engaged than UVA.

Yeah, FSU is deep around the entire state. Mostly bandwagon as half of them are VPI fans too.

I am starting to see a lot more U stickers.

I got Plates( that i dont use cuz Va police are crazy af) stickers, and flags.

People that see my stickers always give me a honk and throw up the U

Whenever i got to lane or Scott stadium we always have a good turnout of Canes at the games.

Ive met soo many Va Canes over the years it's not even funny.

That's cool. I haven't been to Lane. It sounds like a dangerous hillbilly Deliverance environment and I like to take my kids. Scott dine though. I'm from Miami so it's great to meet any Canes here.

Southern WV

97% WVU
2% Marshall
1% Other (Ohio St, VT, etc)

Seen a few Canes fans but they are few and far between

Last edited:
Advertisement
Stink in' Gaturds 60%
OSU 30 %
FSU 10%

Don't think the coaches around here ever encourage anyone to go to Miami. Edge has some pull in Immokalee, but that's it. Naples HS fellates the stinking Turds constantly unless the kid came here from effing Toledo or some other Ohio rat hole. Then they let Urbie take him.

The Grove. Saw a jackazz at the McDonalds with a Alabama t on. That really ****ed me off. What the *** has Alabama ever done for folks in the Grove compared to UM? Azzwipe

Originally from Ridgwood NJ (where Feagles son plays). Now I'm in Charleston SC.

Most people in Northern NJ only know Giants, Jets, Rutgers, Pedoville.

Charleston is 80% Gamecocks 20% Tigers. I do see soMe Auburn and Bama
flags though.

Advertisement
Despite its love for the NFL, Boston cares little for college football relative to the south. Baseball & Hockey town. Those that do are BC (only real team in six states). Notre Dame gets A LOT of love, mainly because half the state buys their shamrock gear so people know that they are are Irish. Throw in Penn State for honorable mention. The rest is FCS (UMass, UNH, ivies) who are either alumni or fans of their hockey teams.

Advertisement
Back