What's the College Football fan split where you reside?

I've lived most of my adult life in a variety of places from Pensacola to Daytona Beach.

I'd guess probably 90 percent of those who follow college football at least casually in these areas are either UF or FSU fans — probably more Gators to the east, more Noles to the west.

Then sprinkle in some Alabama, Auburn or Georgia fans — again, the number depending on your location and who's winning at any particular time.

So — and I'm just guessing — us Canes make up maybe 2 percent of the college football fans in North Florida in my anecdotal estimate.

Curious about the breakdown where some other folks here reside ...

:neonu:

Advertisement
In metro Atlanta. I see more people with Miami car tags and gear on than any other school outside of uga

I live in Orlando, they don't sell canes gear at 90% of the places that sell college football apparel.

Impossible to guess the % with all the tourist that come through here in SEC gear. Only FL schools

Gators 30%
UCF 20%
FSU 20%
Canes 20%

Advertisement
I live in Va.

its like 75% Nole. 20% Cane 5% gator.

Although I am seeing in influx in Cane symbols and gear; FSU fans run amock.

I play flag football in tourneys all over the state and whenever I rock my canes hat, chair, and gym bags, :sneakiness: , I get a bunch of Tomahawk beat meats screaming and flailing arms from all directions.

TBH, Virginia is such a melting pot of the deep south and north east there are fans of sooo many different teams.

As far as the state teams, VPI gets the nod as the heavy fave. Probably 65% VPI 35% UVA

Last edited:
Texas- about half are Longhorns and half are Aggies

I don't acknowledge FSU or Gayta fans so my neighborhood is 98% Canes, 1% Dook and some guy I think is lying about having went to Stanford.

Advertisement
Polk County

50% Gators
40% Noles
10% Canes (although I'm seeing more and more gear, car decals, etc)

Deerfield beach
80% FSU ( everyone is mostly fair weather fans and they like the school because they like to party )
18% Canes ( my fam reps everywhere we go and we don't see much representation but a lot of people throw up the U )
2 % Other ( everyone else either goes/went to the school they rep or are random *** fans from other states )

****es me off whenever I see FSU being represented here because whenever I call them out on it they respond with "we won the last 6! Dur dur dur" and they have no actual football knowledge

I live in Orlando, they don't sell canes gear at 90% of the places that sell college football apparel.

Impossible to guess the % with all the tourist that come through here in SEC gear. Only FL schools

Gators 30%
UCF 20%
FSU 20%
Canes 20%

this math hurts my head

I'm in Orlando too

I'd say honestly
40% UCF
30% Gators
20% FSU
10% USF/Miami/Alabama(yeah idk but I see it in the malls, guess winning does that)

Advertisement
Atlanta.

I've seen them all but there are a lot of Canes, Noles, Tide, and Aubies. Then of course the instate schools.

Hamilton County, TN (Chattanooga). According to that New York Times article a couple of years ago, my zip code was:

77% Tennessee
15% Alabama
6% Georgia
2% Other

I'd say the city is similar. A lot of Bammers around. Now, we're 10 miles from the GA border, and it's 95% UGA once you cross the line, and probably 4% Bama and 1% other. In the county, it's probably higher TN and lower others.

Advertisement
West Central Ohio, ironically called "The Miami Valley" by locals because of the eponymous river...Football ratings (B-Ball season different somewhat)

90% O$Uck
3% UCincy
3% Michigan
1% Miami (Ohio)
1% Ohio University
1% Catholic Killers of Declan
.99% Miscellaneous MAC/UDayton (Dayton is Non-scholly Pioneer Football League)
.01% Miami (I wear the Orange, Green, and White all over this place, with a couple of compadres)

Hamilton County, TN (Chattanooga). According to that New York Times article a couple of years ago, my zip code was:

77% Tennessee
15% Alabama
6% Georgia
2% Other

I'd say the city is similar. A lot of Bammers around. Now, we're 10 miles from the GA border, and it's 95% UGA once you cross the line, and probably 4% Bama and 1% other. In the county, it's probably higher TN and lower others.

I live in East TN. I'd say the ratio is near that, but more 85% Vol, 10% Bama and the last 5% swap UGA for UF. Decent amount of Canes too. They also have these things called VolCats, which are UT football fans and UK basketball fans.

Charlotte, NC

20% Clemson
20% USC
20% UNC
15% Duke
5% Wake Forest
5% NC State
5% VT
5% Canes
3% Davidson
1% App State
1% UNCC