What's the College Football fan split where you reside?

Anchorage, Alaska

80% Oregon
10% Washington (although they have been popping more this year)
5% UCSw
5% other met some Canes fans, Florida fans on my semipro football team, and 1 nole family

To be honest it's more of a pro town with everyone drooling about the Seahawks. Most don't even know who Shaun Alexander was..

Advertisement
Back home in Miami Gardens...
I would say around Miami Norland / Carol City area it is:
80% Cane
12% UF
8% FSU

Currently in Eastern North Carolina (Havelock)
Military base it is:
35% UGA
25% Miami
25% Bama
5% FSU
5% ECU

Chicago; so most of the people I know are ND fans. Second most would probably be U of I because I know a lot of people that went there. Not many Miami fans around here other than a few of my friends I converted.

Advertisement
Bay Area;

College football is not as popular out here. For those that are into it:

Cal - 50%
Stanford: 15%
Oregon - 15%
UCLA / USC/Arizona State: 15% combined
The rest of the field: 5%

Of course, USC fans were everywhere during the Pete Carroll era, not so much these days.

Raleigh, NC

50% - Duke
30% - UNC
20% - NC State

And yet these sissies around here actually thought the U was gonna lose to Applesauce State!

Last edited:
Palm beach, it's probably evenly split between Gators, FSU and Canes. My opinion

One thing though, winning determine who's the loudest. Decades of mediocrity gives you nothing to shout about.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back home in Miami Gardens...
I would say around Miami Norland / Carol City area it is:
80% Cane
12% UF
8% FSU

Currently in Eastern North Carolina (Havelock)
Military base it is:
35% UGA
25% Miami
25% Bama
5% FSU
5% ECU

Thank you for your service.

Upstate South Carolina
50% Clemson
30% South Carolina
10% UGA
5% Bama
5% FSU
Very small number of canes fans.

I live right outside Va Beach, Va. Keep in mind this is a military town with lots of Navy and Marines... There are a **** ton of Hokie and Cav fans here. ODU is extremely popular since they are the hometown team. But since it's a military town you get a lot of everyone. I know a lot of Bama, FSU, and ND fans.

In metro Atlanta. I see more people with Miami car tags and gear on than any other school outside of uga

where do you live, College Park?

I live in Metro Atlanta and I see UGA, Alabama and Auburn. Miami is 5th with the 4th being GT.

Im frequently in Atlanta but I live on the outskirts pretty much down by the Atlanta motor speedway/ Henry county. There are plenty of cane fans here

Advertisement
In Palm Beach Gardens, its mostly Noles and A TON of Gator. My high school had so many Gator fans, it was sweet when we kicked their ***

In south Florida I would guess
20 % UF
20 % FSU
20 % UM
40 % other (UCF/USF) fans usually also have a big 3 favorite team.

Charlotte, NC

20% Clemson
20% USC
20% UNC
15% Duke
5% Wake Forest
5% NC State
5% VT
5% Canes
3% Davidson

1% App State
1% UNCC

I'm from Charlotte, too and I pretty much agree, though I'd put the Tarholes and App State a little higher since there are a ton of alumni from those schools. I would also move SC down a notch.

Advertisement
In metro Atlanta. I see more people with Miami car tags and gear on than any other school outside of uga

Car Tags? There is no State of Georgia University of Miami license plate/tag...My Son, Daughter in Law and other Atlanta UM Alums have worked it and worked it but you need like a 1,000 prepaid plates. Michigan State recently pulled it off in Georgia (?!?!) but Miami has not.

He probably mean the vanity plates, that u buy in campus bookstores, fan shops, or from AllCanes that's usually seen on the front of vehicles. As of now, we don't have the UM license plates.

Got half way there though... Just needs more awareness probably. GA License Plate

Also from the Chattanooga TN Area, During the Tebow era Gayturd fans spiked around here seem to be on to Bama now though. I dont come across too many Canes fans in the area though.

65% Vols
20% Bama
5% Gayturds
5% GA
5% Other

Pinellas County

UF - 40%
FSU - 40%
UM - 10%
Other - 10%

you get a lot of fair weather fans here though, or "I like all the Florida schools" crap. Like if you meet a USF "fan" chances are they have either an FSU or UF jersey hanging in their closet too.

so more than 10% might say they like Miami, but not very many only like Miami.

Advertisement
Back