What's the College Football fan split where you reside?

Montana...so...

Half Grizzlies, half Bobcats.

I've never seen a group of people get so excited for subpar football.

This is the second time I've seen you bag on the Griz. That'll be just about enough of that.

/deride the cats all you want.

Clearly you are not a native, so what takes you to Montana?

I'm a 6th generation Montanan. Don't really get the excitement over the Griz, despite most of my family (including myself) having attended UMontana.

Cats are insufferable, Missoula thinks too highly of their "playoffs". I could give the Griz some credit if they attempted to move up instead of scheduling St. Mary's School for the Deaf every other year.

Most of my animosity towards them pertains to football...I don't mind their basketball team though...Krysko really put them on the up and up.

So you want a school in a state with less than a million total pop to foolishly try to jump to a higher division? And your scheduling comment is ridiculous as well. They are scheduling exactly as they should for a team trying to make the playoffs every year. 1/2 bought games (either d2 or nonscholly FCS) and 1 home-and-home with "power FCS conf" team (MVFC, SLC, SoCon, CAA). Throw in the occasional FBS game (every 4 years or so). Montana is exactly who they should be as a football program, given population size and resource constraints. They'd likely end up just like Idaho, if they tried the jump up.

Advertisement
I live in Orlando, they don't sell canes gear at 90% of the places that sell college football apparel.

Impossible to guess the % with all the tourist that come through here in SEC gear. Only FL schools

Gators 30%
UCF 20%
FSU 20%
Canes 20%

this math hurts my head

I'm in Orlando too

I'd say honestly
40% UCF
30% Gators
20% FSU
10% USF/Miami/Alabama(yeah idk but I see it in the malls, guess winning does that)

Lol!! I don't know where exactly you live in Orlando but you're crazy if you think there aremore UCF fans than Gaytors. I graduated from UCF and half of their students wlk ar8 with gaytor gear on. All the local sports radio hosts are gaytor grads and all the dporys newspaper editors aretoo.

I have to agree that a lot more Gaytors fans in Orlando.

My breakdown guess would be like this

UF 40%
FSU 30%
UCF 15%
UM 5%
USF 4%
And then everyone else ND,Michigan,LSU, Georgia, Bama,etc.

I live in Orlando, they don't sell canes gear at 90% of the places that sell college football apparel.

Impossible to guess the % with all the tourist that come through here in SEC gear. Only FL schools

Gators 30%
UCF 20%
FSU 20%
Canes 20%

this math hurts my head

I'm in Orlando too

I'd say honestly
40% UCF
30% Gators
20% FSU
10% USF/Miami/Alabama(yeah idk but I see it in the malls, guess winning does that)

Lol!! I don't know where exactly you live in Orlando but you're crazy if you think there aremore UCF fans than Gaytors. I graduated from UCF and half of their students wlk ar8 with gaytor gear on. All the local sports radio hosts are gaytor grads and all the dporys newspaper editors aretoo.

I have to agree that a lot more Gaytors fans in Orlando.

My breakdown guess would be like this

UF 40%
FSU 30%
UCF 15%
UM 5%
USF 4%
And then everyone else ND,Michigan,LSU, Georgia, Bama,etc.
I live in alafaya near ucf. So my general proximity would be more ucf

But yeah overall more gators around Central Florida

Sacramento, ca

Since USC aint winning i dont see there **** as much as it was when i first got out here in 05. Cali folks are the most bandwagon, fair-weather ******* fans i ever known. Even when i venture to the bay, i hardly see cal or Stanford fans.

definitely huge bandwagoners in the Bay and LA.
right now, everyone's pretty much repping the Warriors.

Montana...so...

This is the second time I've seen you bag on the Griz. That'll be just about enough of that.

I'm a 6th generation Montanan. Don't really get the excitement over the Griz, despite most of my family (including myself) having attended UMontana.

Cats are insufferable, Missoula thinks too highly of their "playoffs". I could give the Griz some credit if they attempted to move up instead of scheduling St. Mary's School for the Deaf every other year.

Most of my animosity towards them pertains to football...I don't mind their basketball team though...Krysko really put them on the up and up.

So you want a school in a state with less than a million total pop to foolishly try to jump to a higher division? And your scheduling comment is ridiculous as well. They are scheduling exactly as they should for a team trying to make the playoffs every year. 1/2 bought games (either d2 or nonscholly FCS) and 1 home-and-home with "power FCS conf" team (MVFC, SLC, SoCon, CAA). Throw in the occasional FBS game (every 4 years or so). Montana is exactly who they should be as a football program, given population size and resource constraints. They'd likely end up just like Idaho, if they tried the jump up.

Legit question. How did North Dakota State become such a powerhouse? It's not like North Dakota is some thriving metropolis oozing with football talent. Yet, they dominate FCS and beat FBS teams on the regular.

Advertisement
Washington is Husky country. WSU has alot of alumni throughout the state but generally speaking nobody gives a fvck about that school. I'd say it goes....

70% UW
20% WSU
10% Oregon

College football isn't a huge deal here so I don't think there's that many fans of outside teams. Basketball is probably the bigger sport and that's where you get all the bandwagon fans, dook basketball is hella popular here.

Montana...so...

Montana has over 1 mil population these days...so there goes that argument.

They've got the best facilities in D1-AA, they've got a lot of big money backing them, they're just too much of myopic pansies to move up. They don't want to lose the money that the playoffs bring them, and are perfectly content to remain in an also-ran conference status. The resource excuse is just that...an excuse. There's no reason they couldn't be Boise State. Idaho's a bad example, considering they play in bumfvckEgypt in a combine/tractor shed on the fringes of the Palouse.

Their schedules are a joke. Nothing says awesome like scheduling St. Francis, Liberty, or some other half-rate school from Canada. The Big Sky sucks as a conference and isn't near what it once was. Sure, you've got Eastern, but that's about it. No more Nevadas, no more Boise States, no more Idahos, nothing. What's to be proud of when you're beating Southern Utah, Idaho State, or Cal Davis?

Griz are a joke of a football program, and are basically the Atlanta Braves of D1-AA. I can't see why anyone would get super excited and pumped up about them, considering they play in a ****** conference against ****** competition.

Sacramento, ca

Since USC aint winning i dont see there **** as much as it was when i first got out here in 05. Cali folks are the most bandwagon, fair-weather ******* fans i ever known. Even when i venture to the bay, i hardly see cal or Stanford fans.

3 years ago they were heat fans, 5 years ago they were laker fans, 10 years ago they were king fans... It's pitiful out here. Warriors die hard don't even know who the coach was before mark jackson

Sacramento, ca

Since USC aint winning i dont see there **** as much as it was when i first got out here in 05. Cali folks are the most bandwagon, fair-weather ****ing fans i ever known. Even when i venture to the bay, i hardly see cal or Stanford fans.

3 years ago they were heat fans, 5 years ago they were laker fans, 10 years ago they were king fans... It's pitiful out here. Warriors die hard don't even know who the coach was before mark jackson

It's like how the Giants now have a sudden "following" since 2010. Nobody bandwagons like the Bay Area.

Advertisement
Sacramento, ca

Since USC aint winning i dont see there **** as much as it was when i first got out here in 05. Cali folks are the most bandwagon, fair-weather ****ing fans i ever known. Even when i venture to the bay, i hardly see cal or Stanford fans.

It's like how the Giants now have a sudden "following" since 2010. Nobody bandwagons like the Bay Area.

Exactly.... From 05-10, out of 10 people, I may have saw 1 Giants hat.... After 2010 everyone is a Giants fanatic and knows everything about baseball

Sacramento, ca

Exactly.... From 05-10, out of 10 people, I may have saw 1 Giants hat.... After 2010 everyone is a Giants fanatic and knows everything about baseball

I remember when you used to be able to go to ATT (SBC, etc.) and buy a front row ticket in the bleachers for $5 or the front row of the Arcade for $12...that place was always empty.

Sacramento, ca

It's bad, but I really do think it's worse in LA.
Although I really think the Raiders always had strong support, even when we sucked.
49ers fans have already decreased a lot since Harbaugh left though.

Don't want to sound bias.... But raider fans always been supportive and they sucked the past 15 years. Niner fans..... Non existent from 03-10....11-14, all u saw was niner flags on cars, their wack *** saying "who has it better than us", etc. Now they don't exist again. Can't find a ******* niner fan

Advertisement
Don't want to sound bias.... But raider fans always been supportive and they sucked the past 15 years. Niner fans..... Non existent from 03-10....11-14, all u saw was niner flags on cars, their wack *** saying "who has it better than us", etc. Now they don't exist again. Can't find a ****ing niner fan

This is true, 1000%

Montana...so...

They've got the best facilities in D1-AA, they've got a lot of big money backing them, they're just too much of myopic pansies to move up. They don't want to lose the money that the playoffs bring them, and are perfectly content to remain in an also-ran conference status. The resource excuse is just that...an excuse. There's no reason they couldn't be Boise State. Idaho's a bad example, considering they play in bumfvckEgypt in a combine/tractor shed on the fringes of the Palouse.

Their schedules are a joke. Nothing says awesome like scheduling St. Francis, Liberty, or some other half-rate school from Canada. The Big Sky sucks as a conference and isn't near what it once was. Sure, you've got Eastern, but that's about it. No more Nevadas, no more Boise States, no more Idahos, nothing. What's to be proud of when you're beating Southern Utah, Idaho State, or Cal Davis?

Griz are a joke of a football program, and are basically the Atlanta Braves of D1-AA. I can't see why anyone would get super excited and pumped up about them, considering they play in a ****** conference against ****** competition.

Oh snap just squeaked over a million. Still the point remains, the population to support a thriving FBS team does not exist. And they most certainly do not have "big money" backing them, maybe in FCS terms they do, but nothing close to what is needed in FBS. Of course they don't want to lose the money the playoffs bring in, it basically funds the entire AD, it would be stupid to lose that.

So the whole sum of your paragraph is that you don't respect lower division football and what it takes to be successful there. Fair enough.

Griz are a joke of a football program, and are basically the Atlanta Braves of D1-AA. I can't see why anyone would get super excited and pumped up about them, considering they play in a ****ty conference against ****ty competition.

Oh snap just squeaked over a million. Still the point remains, the population to support a thriving FBS team does not exist. And they most certainly do not have "big money" backing them, maybe in FCS terms they do, but nothing close to what is needed in FBS. Of course they don't want to lose the money the playoffs bring in, it basically funds the entire AD, it would be stupid to lose that.

So the whole sum of your paragraph is that you don't respect lower division football and what it takes to be successful there. Fair enough.

Why does Wyoming have a team in the Mountain West with a population of around 500K? There's no reason Montana couldn't be playing in the Mountain West. Personally, I blame the little brother mentality of Montana State, but...

UMontana has endowment that's double Boise State's...again, if Boise State, a glorified junior college, can make D1 football work, so can Montana. There's just a bunch of pantsshytters running the AD and the University...and are all afraid of a few losses here and there. It's typical of the myopic "can't do it" attitude running through the university system and the state itself, though.

Those "playoffs" are something awesome, lemme tell ya what. Who'd want to compete for a Fiesta Bowl when you could be playing Coastal Carolina in 20 below zero weather for a subpar championship shot?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Pretty good mix in Broward county because there's a lot of UF/FSU alumni living here. Most of my friends went to UCF with me and only a handful actually care about UCF athletics. Most of us grew up Miami fans and we still wear Miami gear and go to Miami games. If I was to split up the general population of Hollywood, FL I'd say a majority of people support Miami but there's a large segment of the population that changes their allegiance to whomever is winning the most. Lots of Tebow jerseys traded in for Winston Jerseys here.

south broward is mostly all cane brah...when u head north in broward is wherew it gets mixed up. southern broward is filled with people from dade county

I live in Va.

its like 75% Nole. 20% Cane 5% gator.

Although I am seeing in influx in Cane symbols and gear; FSU fans run amock.

I play flag football in tourneys all over the state and whenever I rock my canes hat, chair, and gym bags, :sneakiness: , I get a bunch of Tomahawk beat meats screaming and flailing arms from all directions.

TBH, Virginia is such a melting pot of the deep south and north east there are fans of sooo many different teams.

As far as the state teams, VPI gets the nod as the heavy fave. Probably 65% VPI 35% UVA

I'm in Richmond and I mostly concur. I don't see much of us or the Gayturds as it is mostly F$U. Virginia Tech fans are far more visible and engaged than UVA.

Advertisement
Back