What's the College Football fan split where you reside?

Pretty good mix in Broward county because there's a lot of UF/FSU alumni living here. Most of my friends went to UCF with me and only a handful actually care about UCF athletics. Most of us grew up Miami fans and we still wear Miami gear and go to Miami games. If I was to split up the general population of Hollywood, FL I'd say a majority of people support Miami but there's a large segment of the population that changes their allegiance to whomever is winning the most. Lots of Tebow jerseys traded in for Winston Jerseys here.

south broward is mostly all cane brah...when u head north in broward is wherew it gets mixed up. southern broward is filled with people from dade county

I know plenty of people from Dade county who went to FSU or UF. That's where most of the non-Miami allegiances come from. If you're talking about neighborhoods where nobody went to college, then yeah, the local team is the most popular choice.

Advertisement
Tampa area only sells gator and nole gear at the malls. Have seen a couple of people rocking the U though.

Official bagman of the WEZ

Montana...so...

Half Grizzlies, half Bobcats.

I've never seen a group of people get so excited for subpar football.

This is the second time I've seen you bag on the Griz. That'll be just about enough of that.

/deride the cats all you want.

Clearly you are not a native, so what takes you to Montana?

I'm a 6th generation Montanan. Don't really get the excitement over the Griz, despite most of my family (including myself) having attended UMontana.

Cats are insufferable, Missoula thinks too highly of their "playoffs". I could give the Griz some credit if they attempted to move up instead of scheduling St. Mary's School for the Deaf every other year.

Most of my animosity towards them pertains to football...I don't mind their basketball team though...Krysko really put them on the up and up.

So you want a school in a state with less than a million total pop to foolishly try to jump to a higher division? And your scheduling comment is ridiculous as well. They are scheduling exactly as they should for a team trying to make the playoffs every year. 1/2 bought games (either d2 or nonscholly FCS) and 1 home-and-home with "power FCS conf" team (MVFC, SLC, SoCon, CAA). Throw in the occasional FBS game (every 4 years or so). Montana is exactly who they should be as a football program, given population size and resource constraints. They'd likely end up just like Idaho, if they tried the jump up.

Wait a second guys, they play football in Montana? I almost bought a ranch out there in the 70's and all I saw was cattle. Came back in December to close and all I saw was snow, so I bought more land in Florida instead. If is God's country out there -- well until the snow hits.

Two seasons in Montana, it seems...winter and the 4th of July.

The Brawl of the Wild is pretty heated, state-wide every year. Some of the smaller schools play football, too. High schools play 6-man, 8-man and regular 11 on 11, depending on the size of said school...some of them co-op together. It's quite a sight.

Football is second in the state compared to basketball though. There's nothing like the State tournaments for hoops, especially the State C tourney. General craziness abounds. AA, A, and B aren't bad, but the State C is zany as ****.

Muskingum County Ohio
91% OSU
6% Michigan
1% Alabama
1.5% Miami (one of the current players, and his brother who just graduated and played also) have family in the area.
.5% WV

Im seeing alot more Canes gear in palm beach being worn. I go to PBSC and saw atleast 3 kids rocking a hat, lanyard, or shirt.

Advertisement
My neighbor to the left is a Nole, his wife USF grad like me. One UCF across the street, Redneck around the corner GA, Indiana fan who only flies his flag during BB season. In New Tampa I'd say 40% Noles, 35% Gates, 20% Canes and 5% USF

Western PA 60% Penn Rape, 30% Pitt, 8% Notre Dame, 2% Canes..............But my Best dude is a Canes fan so we good.

oh sprinkle a couple Iowa fans here and there cause Bob Sanders, Ed Hinkel, and Jovan Johnson are locals.

Last edited:
I live in Orlando, they don't sell canes gear at 90% of the places that sell college football apparel.

Impossible to guess the % with all the tourist that come through here in SEC gear. Only FL schools

Gators 30%
UCF 20%
FSU 20%
Canes 20%

this math hurts my head

I'm in Orlando too

I'd say honestly
40% UCF
30% Gators
20% FSU
10% USF/Miami/Alabama(yeah idk but I see it in the malls, guess winning does that)

Lol!! I don't know where exactly you live in Orlando but you're crazy if you think there aremore UCF fans than Gaytors. I graduated from UCF and half of their students wlk ar8 with gaytor gear on. All the local sports radio hosts are gaytor grads and all the dporys newspaper editors aretoo.

UF fans have the biggest mouths in Orlando but make no mistake UCF ( the home town team) has more fans they are just not as rabid. An your correct the local media (especially ABC) does have a huge UF bias and with UF's recent invasion of the Orlando Cancer medical sector it will only get worst.

As for Miami fans it depends on where you live in metro Orlando, there are a lot of UM people in East Orlando, Belle Isles/Conway area, and Lake Mary you know all the socioeconomically challenged areas.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Tampa area only sells gator and nole gear at the malls. Have seen a couple of people rocking the U though.

Official bagman of the WEZ

The only place in the Tampa area I was able to find some Cane gear was at a Lids store at John's pass at Madeira beach.
A few caps and nice visors.

North of Dallas Texas, LOTS of Sooner fans milling about, unless OU loses...then they mysteriously vanish. (Which is fine by me, OU sucks cack) Some U of Texas and Aggie chuckleheads scattered about. A small percentage of the flash in the pan schools (i.e. Baylor, TCU) floating around as well. Have seen one Gaytor fan, one Semenhole fan, and one Hurricane fan out driving around.

Advertisement
Live in the DC area - mix of UVA, VT, UMd, penn state
[MENTION=32]AUcane[/MENTION] whereabouts? I grew up in Vienna, VA.

Montgomery County - near Rockville/Gaithersburg. You in the area?
[MENTION=293]ghost2[/MENTION]

Not anymore - I live in NE Alabama now (God help me.) I teach at Jacksonville State. Still have family in Manassas though so I try to get back when I can.

Not anymore - I live in NE Alabama now (God help me.) I teach at Jacksonville State. Still have family in Manassas though so I try to get back when I can.

Did you know (or hear about) Katie Beth Carter? She was a freshman at JSU who just died in a car crash.

Mostly da Gatuh, some UCF people because it's Orlando, and FSU.

Can't wait to get back down south this weekend and mingle with some **** Canes

Advertisement

Did you know (or hear about) Katie Beth Carter? She was a freshman at JSU who just died in a car crash.

I didn't know her personally but I work with the band here (The Marching Southerners - check them out on YouTube) and it's been a rough semester for a lot of my students who did know her. There's been a TON of support from the University, local community, and other area bands too. Tragic, but sometimes stuff like that brings out the best in people.

I didn't know her personally but I work with the band here (The Marching Southerners - check them out on YouTube) and it's been a rough semester for a lot of my students who did know her. There's been a TON of support from the University, local community, and other area bands too. Tragic, but sometimes stuff like that brings out the best in people.

I have her sister in class here. She's still in HS, but a dual enrollment student.

Advertisement
Back