What's really going on?

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
I hate to throw this out there but it might be possible Miami is just doing it's due diligence on Butch and throwing names out just in case he doesn't come up clean with the NCAA stuff. Honestly, i would not be surprised if he already is the choice pending any new info and they are pretending it's a search. The streets want Butch and Barry Jackson who is reliable is not preaching a new toon. Hope Im on the right track.

Advertisement
I tend to agree. That post Duke hate crap might have helped our cause. Frenk actually came out a defended the team. I have never seen that here. I am hoping Julio wants a coach who will give those gringos something to hate about.

I tend to agree. That post Duke hate crap might have helped our cause. Frenk actually came out a defended the team. I have never seen that here. I am hoping Julio wants a coach who will give those gringos something to hate about.
funny, but I was wondering when that sh1tstorm started after Durham what he thought about it all. When he came out with a statement, I liked the cut of his jib. It's not hard to recognize discrimination especially if you've ever had it happen to you. So far, so good. (Plus they canned Golden mid season which is something Donna never would have allowed)

Butch Hiring day is 15 away

We are at a fork in the road of Canes football. Ahead are either Resurrection or Apathy. Which shall we take?

I went down to the crossroads, fell down on my knees
Down to the crossroads, fell down on my knees
Asked the Lord above for mercy, "Save me if you please"

[video=youtube;MtLhPeLB9bA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtLhPeLB9bA[/video]

Advertisement
I hope you're going down a dead end road.

Too late. This program is already on Dead End Street.

We are strictly second class
Now we don't understand

Dead end, why we should be on dead end street?
Dead end, people are living on dead end street
Dead end, gonna die on dead end street, no, no

[video=youtube;DnomicEZXlY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnomicEZXlY[/video]

I'm actually kind of surprised at the lack of names thrown out there so far. Right now all that has been really confirmed if you piece together all the "noise" is that Butch is definitely a candidate and that Cristobal may or may not get serious consideration. The "there will be some names that'll surprise you" nugget is interesting but not exactly informative. You'd think we'd be entering the timeframe where guys that are already employed elsewhere would start to be linked to the opening. I guess they'd have to stop trying to force Mario down our throats first.

I agree with most you. I think its Butch's job to lose. They'll wait until the end of the season to interview other possible candidates to do their due diligence but with Butch having the backing of major BOT members and the fan base it will take something significant for him not to get the job. Still wouldn't expect a hire to be mad until the first week of December unfortunately.

You Hope......................... You Hope

If it makes you feel better by typing it on a forum by all means continue.......

truth is we have no phucking idea

Advertisement
I think Miami is doing a good search, they can only comment on coach's who are not currently coaching. Once the NCAA let's Miami know Butch is good to go he will be the pick. But they will HAVE to interview several people as well as a minority.
It's a process,
Miami - 38
UNC - 35

I hate to throw this out there but it might be possible Miami is just doing it's due diligence on Butch and throwing names out just in case he doesn't come up clean with the NCAA stuff. Honestly, i would not be surprised if he already is the choice pending any new info and they are pretending it's a search. The streets want Butch and Barry Jackson who is reliable is not preaching a new toon. Hope Im on the right track.

Actually, what you have said makes sense as it would fit in with what we have been hearing. I keep hearing the same story which is basically that Butch is already a done deal and that he is in the process of hiring a staff. I know someone here posted they were told just that by a high school coach. I heard the same thing a few days ago from someone I know who has never been on a UM fan forum before.

Having said all that, I take it all with a grain of salt. We all know how false information can spread. What I do find interesting is that we keep hearing that the big money donors are all behind Davis. Money talks but again, I wouldn't assume anything at this point.

My personal opinion is that whoever they hire will be approved by the fan base and generate a level of excitement we haven't seen here for a while. Until then, the suspense is killing me. This announcement can't come soon enough.

They also know they have Butch in their back pocket. Look around and make sure there is no one else better out there.

They also know they have Butch in their back pocket. Look around and make sure there is no one else better out there.

Exactly. Butch is not a done deal. The only thing that has really changed is that without Shalala around, Butch has a shot.

Advertisement

did you listen to any of his interviews on 790? he GOT A LETTER FROM THE GOVENOR OF NORTH CAROLINA ABSOLVING HIM FROM ANY WRONG DOING. also the classes were set up in the mid 90s (years before he got there) and a lot (not just football players) of student athletes "took" the classes.

im my opinion, he has come clean to the public already and has nothing to hide. he wouldnt have anything to hide to the admin either at this point. football coaches dont go around sitting in on university approved classes to see if they are on the up and up.

I don't think it's Butch's to lose. I think they are finding a way to not hire him. If it's his to lose they would have hired him already. I think they are doing a ton of due diligence on Butch and looking for other REAL candidates. I think Butch is getting the backing of fans and now Some of the BOT and big donors. That's pushing him up. There's no buyout which is probably appealing. He won't demand a ton of money like chip kelly, strong or Richt for example. I think Herman will see an SEC job as more appealing. And not many of the other names are better than Butch. Therefore, I think and hope he gets it in the end by default.

I agree with most you. I think its Butch's job to lose. They'll wait until the end of the season to interview other possible candidates to do their due diligence but with Butch having the backing of major BOT members and the fan base it will take something significant for him not to get the job. Still wouldn't expect a hire to be mad until the first week of December unfortunately.

I believed it was Butch's job to lose until yesterday. I now think it's Mario Cristobol's job to lose and I'm sickened by it.

Advertisement
I believed it was Butch's job to lose until yesterday. I now think it's Mario Cristobol's job to lose and I'm sickened by it.

What happened yesterday aside from Barry Jackson refuting that Mario has even been contacted?

Really? Is that real?

il_570xN.763447807_ccad.jpg

I don't agree. Butch is the fall back candidate of the one(s) they really want turn them down

I walked by Julio Frenk in the club level after the Virginia game. He looked right at me and I said "Hire Butch!"

He smiled and nodded.

That's enough confirmation for me.

Advertisement
Back