What's going to be our identity on offense?

Enos' playcalling did absolutely nothing to make things easier for the O line after they got mauled by the UF defense. Even if he wasn't smart enough to adjust after Williams was sacked 4 times in the first half, he should have been smart enough to adjust for the next game with two weeks to prepare.

I don't think Lashlee is that stubborn.

Advertisement
For years it seems like this team has not had a identity on offense. We have just thrown a bunch of things on the wall and hoped they would stick. I don't think you can be successful in college football without one. What type of identity do you think we will have under Lashlee?
Jim Kelly run and gun :)

between new scheme and everyone a year older and better, the line has to improve.
I would disagree about the new scheme. Last season, Florida State switched to a spread system with Kendal Briles but their offence failed last season because their offensive line was weak. And our offensive line is far worse than theirs.

I would disagree about the new scheme. Last season, Florida State switched to a spread system with Kendal Briles but their offence failed last season because their offensive line was weak. And our offensive line is far worse than theirs.

Florida state scored six more points per game and improved in many categories.

Hornibrook and Blackmon don’t fit the Briles system. Both King and N’Kosi fit the Lashlee offense better than those guys fit for FSU.

I think we have better weapons than FSU. If Briles was good for 6 more a game for them, I think Lashlee will be worth more than 10 agame better for us.

Advertisement
OL play is dictated by scheme & play calling.

Our OL has been terrible because in order for Richt or Enox's scheme to work you need stout 4/5-star OL's that can hold blocks for 6-7 seconds at a time while long plays are developing in both the run & pass game.

The difference in this offense is you just need a serviceable line to hold their blocks for 3-4 seconds tops & then ball is already out of the QB's hands, or already in the RB's chest while he's headed up field.

We don't have Jarren anymore & we don't have Enox anymore. Play calling will be drastically different where Lashlee will call plays that puts our skill position players in advantageous situations & properly utilizes their speed in one on one matchups.

Lashlee will play to our players strengths instead of trying to force a square peg in a round hole.

Dudes couldn't even hold blocks for 2 seconds against UF or Pitt, and when they did hold the QBs often missed targets. I'm sure Enos' offense would have looked better this year with King, but it was clear a change was needed for morale.

King isn’t doing anything this if the offensive line isn’t serviceable
I have no problem believing the Oline can be serviceable this upcoming year. Natural progression should be taking place.

Advertisement
Back