What's going to be our identity on offense?

For years it seems like this team has not had a identity on offense. We have just thrown a bunch of things on the wall and hoped they would stick. I don't think you can be successful in college football without one. What type of identity do you think we will have under Lashlee?
Let you know after game 1.

Advertisement
“We believe in spreading the field, getting your playmakers in space and playing fast, and ultimately that’s what kids want to do. They love it and if they’re doing what they want to do, they’ll buy in,” Lashlee said. “I grew up when Nolan Richardson was winning national championships with ‘40 Minutes of ****’ at Arkansas, and it was just a unique style and brand of basketball that everybody wasn’t really doing, so if we can do something that’s a little different, have something that’s a little unique to us, it gives us an advantage that is a way of life for us. At the end of the day, the more plays you get, the more chances your playmakers have to touch the ball, the more chances you have to score — it’s just that simple and hopefully we can wear down our opponents because it’s something we’re used to. At the end of the day, spread the field, get our guys in space and let them do what God’s given them the ability to do.”
You'd be naive not to be in the wait and see camp after all the torture we've endured, but god this seems to be EXACTLY what we've all been screaming for, for a decade+ now!

Last edited:
Tempo.

Speed, speed & more speed, in both the run game & pass game.

Sonny Dykes TTech/SMU Air Raid Passing scheme + Malzahn Arkansas/Auburn Rushing attack.

Unrelenting attacks vs Defenses, force them to commit to selling out to stopping one aspect of the offense & then kill'em with the other.

Our biggest issue has been pace of play, with both Richt & Enox we moved at snail speed & had literally one of the worst 3rd down offenses in the nation ranked in the low hundreds. The only way to change that is to pickup the pace & crack Defenes open with tempo.

We either make teams run into a buzz saw when they play us or we die trying, the 3 & out locomotive needs to die in order for us to finally turn the corner.

Our identity should be attack until they break & when they break attack some more.
Tempo.

Sonny Dykes TTech/SMU Air Raid Passing scheme + Malzahn Arkansas/Auburn Rushing attack.

Unrelenting attacks vs Defenses, force them to commit to selling out to stopping one aspect of the offense & then kill'em with the other.

Our biggest issue has been pace of play, with both Richt & Enox we moved at snail speed & had literally one of the worst 3rd down offenses in the nation ranked in the low hundreds. The only way to change that is to pickup the pace & crack Defenes open with tempo.

We either make teams run into a buzz saw when they play us or we die trying, the 3 & out locomotive needs to die in order for us to finally turn the corner.

Our identity should be attack until they break & when they break attack some more.
What LCE said

Advertisement
Balls to the wall on O & D. I expect to see the most aggressive version of Manny’s D to date because he knows if he can get Lashlee the ball a few extra times it’s game, set, match. Also we won’t be as reliant on the D to hold teams to 20 points & pray to God we get 21.

Trains left the station....
Remember last season when everyone thought Enos and Martell were going to be the saviors? Everyone was saying that our offensive was going to be legit and we have a chance to compete for the playoffs. How did that turn out? If the offensive line is as bad as last season, this offense will still be bad. Let’s see what they can do in the spring

Remember last season when everyone thought Enos and Martell were going to be the saviors? Everyone was saying that our offensive was going to be legit and we have a chance to compete for the playoffs. How did that turn out? If the offensive line is as bad as last season, this offense will still be bad. Let’s see what they can do in the spring
Sure.....

Advertisement
I just want to see the score ran up. No more taking the foot off the gas. I want to see back ups in after halftime. I want to see 50+ points scored on FSU, UNC, and Duke.

Tempo.

we'll need strong OL play to break anyone. If that happens it won't matter too much what tempo you run.

that said i've always been a fan of varying the tempo and I think Enos was as well. Problem was, you can't run tempo if your line stinks and your QBs don't take the game seriously.

we'll need strong OL play to break anyone. If that happens it won't matter too much what tempo you run.

that said i've always been a fan of varying the tempo and I think Enos was as well. Problem was, you can't run tempo if your line stinks and your QBs don't take the game seriously.
OL play is dictated by scheme & play calling.

Our OL has been terrible because in order for Richt or Enox's scheme to work you need stout 4/5-star OL's that can hold blocks for 6-7 seconds at a time while long plays are developing in both the run & pass game.

The difference in this offense is you just need a serviceable line to hold their blocks for 3-4 seconds tops & then ball is already out of the QB's hands, or already in the RB's chest while he's headed up field.

We don't have Jarren anymore & we don't have Enox anymore. Play calling will be drastically different where Lashlee will call plays that puts our skill position players in advantageous situations & properly utilizes their speed in one on one matchups.

Lashlee will play to our players strengths instead of trying to force a square peg in a round hole.

Advertisement
King has done it on the field.

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

Sadly we'll probably be really awesome at super fast 3 and outs.....

Advertisement
Tempo.

This ^^ I rather lose being aggressive than sitting back and getting punched in the mouth

Good times

In order to go uptempo, you must get positive yards (at least 3-5 yds per play) on 1st and 2nd downs. And, guys can't be celebrating after every positive gain.

The standard is get to 2nd and 6 / 3rd and 3.
Then we'll start to reap benefits of a worn down opposing defense.

It will be tempo and variety . That is Lashlee's thing not to mention works perfect for King.

Advertisement
Back