Whats cookin this weekend?

Hold on. That label says 3 ounces of gator meat packs 46 grams of protein. That can’t be right, can it???

Always trying to make the stats look better than they really are must be a gator thing.

I was thinking the same thing. It is much much much higher than anything I have ever seen before. The most protein per ounce I have found was turkey at 27g per 4.0 ounces. Then again maybe because its a reptile there is something else going on that I am not accounting for.

Advertisement
A tip my buddy who smokes professional gave me for brisket.

1. Put your rub on the entire brisket 24 hours before
2. Set out of the fridge an hour before smoking
3. Coat the top and sides with molasses and then sprinkle with more rub before throwing onto the smoker, the bark will be fantastic (tip, use rubber gloves when applying the molasses)
oh, he got rubber gloves.

Advertisement
I never had walmart pizza, but I would assume they have digiorno there which is not half bad for frozen pizza. Probably a lot better than the walmart brand ones.
The Walmart pizza dough is better than the Publix dough for half the price.

Trust me, I was surprised.

Got a pork shoulder going on the smoker for 8-10 hours, beer to remain properly hydrated, and a sound proof basement to be a fan.

Go Canes!!

What are others grilling, drinking, or feasting on?
Whole pork in a caja China, and drinking on some Glenlivet.

I am doing brisket in my wood pellet smoker too. Got any tips for a beginner when it comes to smoking brisket? I did it once and it came out good but I am looking for great!..For example, do you pump it with beef stock to make sure the inside is moist? How do I get the outside to be nice and barky?

(Sorry to all for turning this into an episode of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. LOL. Trying to perfect this smoked brisket.)
The only recommendation I can give is cook it low and slow and make sure you have a termometer.

Advertisement
I was thinking the same thing. It is much much much higher than anything I have ever seen before. The most protein per ounce I have found was turkey at 27g per 4.0 ounces. Then again maybe because its a reptile there is something else going on that I am not accounting for.

Do we have any reptile protein experts on here? We need to get to the bottom of this.

My new drum grill won't be ready till next week. So I'm going to roast 2 wine marinated chickens with Walkers Wood jerk seasoning on my table top grill. The feature will be gumbo with gator meat, shrimp and uncle johns hot smoked sausage. Crown Royal to wash it all down.

WalkersWood is excellent, love the Hot and Spicy

Advertisement
Smoking a pork butt. Buddy’s going to cook one on a rotisserie. And vodka. Lots of vodka. Maybe some bourbon.
You mixing light and dark?

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
Advertisement
Man if I could find a chunk of gator tail. would def love some gator this weekend. Fry it or smoke it.

Man if I had know sooner could have gotten you all you want a buddy of mine has a seafood business and sells gator...

This is the recipe I followed for the buccaneer chicken I find it delicious. And as for the kamado I have used it a few times but it gets super hot you have to stay on top of the temp.

It's a lot easier to get a kamado to heat up than it is to cool down. Don't overshoot your temp if you can help it. Pitmaster IQ works great for low and slow.

Advertisement
Back