Whatever Happens.... Happens...

CANE4LIFE

Im a Political Refugee...
I know you all think Ive been negative as F8ck the last few weeks, but the truth is Ive just been trying to be realistic and keep expectations grounded.

Fact is, we have been facing some stiff headwinds in recruiting this year. Two back to back post season bans, NCAA sanctions hanging over our heads, years of mediocrity. Its not exactly easy to poach the top blue chippers when you are battling the likes of Saban at Bama, Miles at LSU, other $EC programs, or even Jimbo and all the underhanded sh*t he pulls, even for local kids.

As for me, Ive learned to approach recruiting as HOPING for the best, but expecting SOME level of disappointment and some surprises. I try to keep things in perspective and look at the big picture.

Come signing day, we are going to get a good haul of talent, and no matter WHAT happens, I think Golden and the staff have done a PHENOMENAL job in fighting a **** of a fight for some of the top players in the country. We've gone head to head with the top programs and the best staffs, and weve landed some great kids, and are going to sign some real ballers. I HOPE that we can pull in guys like Collins, Thomas and Coley, but if we just close with guys like Grace, Kirkland, and Bostwick, I still think the staff deserves a **** of an applause for a tremendous effort. Remember, WHEN we start winning, they WILL come. And we are just going to get better.

So whatever happens, happens. This program is on the rise, the mighy Phoenix is rising from the ashes. The Empire is going to strike back. Golden is the best thing that has happened to this program in over a decade, and I think we are on the cusp of greatness.

:neonu: THIS is what its all about right here gents. And any kid who doesnt want to be a part of that magic, that legacy, that future... can go F*ck themselves. Any kid can go be a player at some random school for a few years, UM doesnt recruit players, we recruit immortals that will forever live THIS :neonu: An elite family whose membership isnt for 4 years, its for life.

Advertisement
We are in good hands for the first time in.....forever. its really all I need to know.

I know you all think Ive been negative as F8ck the last few weeks, but the truth is Ive just been trying to be realistic and keep expectations grounded.

Fact is, we have been facing some stiff headwinds in recruiting this year. Two back to back post season bans, NCAA sanctions hanging over our heads, years of mediocrity. Its not exactly easy to poach the top blue chippers when you are battling the likes of Saban at Bama, Miles at LSU, other $EC programs, or even Jimbo and all the underhanded sh*t he pulls, even for local kids.

As for me, Ive learned to approach recruiting as HOPING for the best, but expecting SOME level of disappointment and some surprises. I try to keep things in perspective and look at the big picture.

Come signing day, we are going to get a good haul of talent, and no matter WHAT happens, I think Golden and the staff have done a PHENOMENAL job in fighting a **** of a fight for some of the top players in the country. We've gone head to head with the top programs and the best staffs, and weve landed some great kids, and are going to sign some real ballers. I HOPE that we can pull in guys like Collins, Thomas and Coley, but if we just close with guys like Grace, Kirkland, and Bostwick, I still think the staff deserves a **** of an applause for a tremendous effort. Remember, WHEN we start winning, they WILL come. And we are just going to get better.

So whatever happens, happens. This program is on the rise, the mighy Phoenix is rising from the ashes. The Empire is going to strike back. Golden is the best thing that has happened to this program in over a decade, and I think we are on the cusp of greatness.

:neonu: THIS is what its all about right here gents. And any kid who doesnt want to be a part of that magic, that legacy, that future... can go F*ck themselves. Any kid can go be a player at some random school for a few years, UM doesnt recruit players, we recruit immortals that will forever live THIS :neonu: An elite family whose membership isnt for 4 years, its for life.

[video=youtube;CGaCjBM3VxM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGaCjBM3VxM[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
We are in good hands for the first time in.....forever. its really all I need to know.

Agreed. Whoever we don't get won't be for lack of effort that's for sure

Yup. Golden and this staff have had to earn every ******* inch they have gained in recruiting these last couple years, and then some. We've got a guy that's not only 1000% committed to the university, its fans, alums, students, athletes, parents, coaches.....everyone. not only that but he has more than just heart, he's got brains and he has a plan. Its gonna be a good ride no matter what happens the next 10 days.

Your second and fourth paragraphs contadict each other a little.

AG is a beast recruiter and he added Coley and Cristobal. U bet your *** this staff is closing with more than Grace, Bostwick, and Kirk.

Your second and fourth paragraphs contadict each other a little.

AG is a beast recruiter and he added Coley and Cristobal. U bet your *** this staff is closing with more than Grace, Bostwick, and Kirk.

Think you missed my point. AG has basically been recruiting with one hand tied behind his back, and has still done a **** of a job. The man is a machine. A lesser coach could have been forgiven a mediocre class considering the sh8t we have been facing. This guy is going head to head against the best of the best, and bringing in a great class, even if some of these kids f*ck us in the end.

Advertisement
WTF are you talking about dude? AS if it is somehow unrealistic to expect UM to sign the great majority of the best players in its own backyard? **** outta here with that bull****. Do what Golden says to do and drop that inferiority complex.

WTF are you talking about dude? AS if it is somehow unrealistic to expect UM to sign the great majority of the best players in its own backyard? **** outta here with that bull****. Do what Golden says to do and drop that inferiority complex.

dude made a solid post. back off him

Advertisement
Good post. I love seeing what Golden and his staff are doing. Straight putting in work. BTW, Michael Jordan was the greatest ever, not only because he was very talented but because he had monster work ethic to go along with it. Golden has talent and grind. I am interested in seeing the next step and seeing what kind of teaching he can do. I have a feeling that, in short order, he will be spoken of in the same wy as Saban and Meyer, which implies ACC championships and national title contention. We'll be fine.

Sorry man, but this is weak thinking. The guys we are going after are from the 305. We lose out and it will be a MAJOR disappointment! And personally, I think we close with the majority.

Go Canes!

Putting a negative spin on the uncertain is not being realistic. I think dudes who put a negative spin on sh#t always like to couch themselves as "the voice of reason" or some sort of bastion of reality when, in fact, they're just scared of thinking and hoping big because they can't handle the feelings they have if they get disappointed.

I'm a very realistic guy. I just happen to choose to take a positive approach to uncertain things.

Advertisement
The question is where does the optimism/pessimism come from? How do you differentiate between positive signs and wishful thinking. One well known poster or expert expresses an opinion about a kid and because it feels good to another poster he adds his post and on and on it goes. That's not dependable momentum. Virtually all of the kids in our discussion have said they are undecided. We won't take their word for it and say they are just enjoying their moment. My guess is that by now most of the kids have made up their minds and have told the favored coach as much. Collins obviously has not made up his mind because Golden/Jimbo are chasing other rb prospects as a backup.This ia a good post. The good news is that we are in it for all of the kids this late. The sheer numbers tell us that we will win enough of them to make this a very good class.

what is this?

was there some recruiting insight hidden in the wall of text and emotion i stopped reading?

This is an inferiority post, c'mon man grab your ******* and face the truth, what kinda lame speech are you giving and who are you trying to

convince with your fallacies, it doesn't matter how pretty of a picture you paint, you still think Miami is still inferior to the programs you posted above.

“I don’t know why we have to have an inferior complex around here,” Golden said. “We need to stand up, we need to fight, we need to understand who we are. We did a good job holding serve down here in Broward and Dade and we’re going to continue to do that. We’re going to be tough to beat down here. We should be.

“It’s time we start thinking about acting like Miami Hurricanes and stop having an inferior complex,” he continued. “We beat some good teams down here [in recruiting]. We’ve got to get back to doing that on the field and we will.”

Golden later added, “Are we not supposed supposed to beat Alabama down here? Are we not supposed to beat Florida or Florida State down here? I don’t get that.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back