whatever happened to J.C. Jackson?

JC Jackson would be a hard sell at this point for USCe powers that be, because the team is already +1 over the 85 limit so Muschamp would to cut someone or greyshirt a 2016 signee and given JC's past I could see people taking issue. Where as Miami has room on the roster even before Coach Richt's summer purge of the roster.

I agree with the other posters that UM is going media blackout and misdirection on JC's recruitment as a PR hedging strategy.

Go Canes

Advertisement
JC Jackson would be a hard sell at this point for USCe powers that be, because the team is already +1 over the 85 limit so Muschamp would to cut someone or greyshirt a 2016 signee and given JC's past I could see people taking issue. Where as Miami has room on the roster even before Coach Richt's summer purge of the roster.

I agree with the other posters that UM is going media blackout and misdirection on JC's recruitment as a PR hedging strategy.

Go Canes

Lmao at Muschamp or any other SEC coach giving a s.h.I.t about what other people thinks of them having to cut only one player...

Might be an unpopular opinion here. I'd be against getting JC. While winning on the field is nice it's better to protect the U. Guys with a propensity to be involved in situations where the words "armed robbery" are mentioned probably shouldn't be admitted.

Let's get studs without red flags going forward and do it the right way.

Last edited:
Recall that to obtain a conviction, the prosecution must prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt. This constitutes an extremely high bar (as it should). Here is a brief article about the case:

Report: J.C. Jackson will not be returning to Florida, even if charges are dropped - Alligator Army

From the article:

"While it seems possible that charges will indeed be dropped against Jackson, it would seem likely they will be dropped for a lack of evidence that would allow for him to be prosecuted effectively, specifically: He was implicated by multiple witnesses who apparently haven't recanted their stories, as a recanting would likely have prompted a dismissal of charges."

Last edited:
Advertisement
Recall that to obtain a conviction, the prosecution must prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt. This constitutes an extremely high bar. Here is a brief article about the case:

Report: J.C. Jackson will not be returning to Florida, even if charges are dropped - Alligator Army

From the article:

"While it seems possible that charges will indeed be dropped against Jackson, it would seem likely they will be dropped for a lack of evidence that would allow for him to be prosecuted effectively, specifically: He was implicated by multiple witnesses who apparently haven't recanted their stories, as a recanting would likely have prompted a dismissal of charges."

I don't care that he wasn't CONVICTED, there is enough smoke around this guy being bad news that Richt and Frenk should do the right thing and protect the greater community/university reputation from a guy like this. Miami is a top-tier university with an amazing history. JC seems to have a habit of making awful decisions and generally being a hoodlum. Let him go somewhere like Louisville or Auburn, we're the U, we don't need damaged goods.

Lately , there's a bunch of posters with 50 or less posts bringing some real " hot takes " around here

give me JC Jackson now. Would change the complexion of this D. Adds a true #1 CB to lock down the opposing teams top option. JC , Corn and Redwine looks a **** of a lot better than Corn, Redwine and a couple of turds.

Lately , there's a bunch of posters with 50 or less posts bringing some real " hot takes " around here

Cribby,
I enjoy most of your posts, but I have been viewing this board for several years and have noticed very little correlation between number of posts a person makes and the quality of whatever insight he brings. What I liked most about Resurrection's comments were the articles he linked in his post from 12:08 AM today. I had been thinking that we should find some background information, but had been too lazy to search for it.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Cribby,
I enjoy most of your posts, but I have been viewing this board for several years and have noticed very little correlation between number of posts a person makes and the quality of whatever insight he brings. What I liked most about Resurrection's comments were the articles he linked in his post from 12:08 AM today. I had been thinking that we should find some background information, but had been too lazy to search for it.

Much appreciated. I look forward to a great Canes season and the lack of depth at CB concerns me as well. I just know that Richt will get us to National Championship level while hopefully avoiding the media's favorite "Bad Miami" whipping post. Brini and maybe some national recruits in 2017 after winning the Coastal will make this all moot.

Jeff James has an amazing tape as well. I just think with Miami we already get less slack than a team like Notre Dame would (unjustly at that I might add) so we should be extra careful to not invite potential trouble.

Cribby,

I say this because there's a high troll rate here, and first sign is low post numbers. And it's the same stick, just new screen names. So I'm pessimistic to low post numbers and anything that comes off remotely anti UM/possible recruit.

Dude joined this month, and some of his first posts are why we shouldn't take JC. That screams suspect , possible butt hurt Gator trying to rile people up.

That's why I normally ignore these posters.

Last edited:

Cribby,

I say this because there's a high troll rate here, and first sign is low post numbers. And it's the same stick, just new screen names. So I'm pessimistic to low post numbers and anything that comes off remotely anti UM/possible recruit.

Dude joined this month, and some of his first posts are why we shouldn't take JC. That screams suspect , possible butt hurt Gator trying to rile people up.

That's why I normally ignore these posters.

I couldn't be more pro-UM. That's my team, have family that are current students. I'm worried about the secondary just like you. But I think there's a good reason that it's been reported Richt passed here. Read the articles, see the crap tsunami that has hit with the relatively minor charges Walton is looking at; and if after all that you still think the right play is to bring in JC we will agree to disagree.

Recall that to obtain a conviction, the prosecution must prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt. This constitutes an extremely high bar. Here is a brief article about the case:

From the article:

I don't care that he wasn't CONVICTED, there is enough smoke around this guy being bad news that Richt and Frenk should do the right thing and protect the greater community/university reputation from a guy like this. Miami is a top-tier university with an amazing history. JC seems to have a habit of making awful decisions and generally being a hoodlum. Let him go somewhere like Louisville or Auburn, we're the U, we don't need damaged goods.

I understand your position, and if my degrees were from Miami I may feel differently, but...

Bring in a baller at a position of need. This is a football school to everyone in the country beside UM alums, there is no reputation to protect, and its history is that of 5 time national champion. He should be told his leash is non existent and there will be zero tolerance. Kick him to the curb at the first sign of trouble, and remind him constantly that this is his last chance to do something beside sit in a jail cell the way he is going.

We need him this year, and we will need him next year. The CB situation is multiple recruiting cycles from being fixed. People can't possibly think we will be in a significantly better position trotting the current corp minus corn elder and a couple freshmans out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement

From the article:

I understand your position, and if my degrees were from Miami I may feel differently, but...

Bring in a baller at a position of need. This is a football school to everyone in the country beside UM alums, there is no reputation to protect, and its history is that of 5 time national champion. He should be told his leash is non existent and there will be zero tolerance. Kick him to the curb at the first sign of trouble, and remind him constantly that this is his last chance to do something beside sit in a jail cell the way he is going.

We need him this year, and we will need him next year. The CB situation is multiple recruiting cycles from being fixed. People can't possibly think we will be in a significantly better position trotting the current corp minus corn elder and a couple freshmans out there.

With all due respect ....No. Schedule yourself a tour of the university, read the website and actually learn something about the school you root for.

If you want to get into the U as a normal student today you better have a 90+ average, take a bunch of APs/honors courses and get 5s on the exams, and have a 31+ ACT/2060 SAT along with having strong extracurriculars and leadership positions. Obviously those requirements are more flexible if there is an exceptional talent and institutional need or extenuating circumstances (first generation student, underrepresented group, special musical/artistic/scientific/dance/athletic talent, etc).

If JC ran a 5 second 40 no chance he would EVER be admitted with his record. I want Corner help, but not at that price.

Miami is a force in the medical, law, and business worlds. If only the football team would stop embarrassing the school the rep would be even stronger. USD 3Billion+ raised in Momentum and Momentum 2 campaigns is serious. I want to win on the field, but really I want Miami to win in everything.

Last edited:

From the article:

With all due respect ....No. Schedule yourself a tour of the university, read the website and actually learn something about the school you root for.

Well, I'm not a UM alum, And although I root for UM's sports teams, UM means a lot more to me as a university than its teams do. I enjoy the academic atmosphere of a university, and I follow a number of university research projects, though perhaps less at UM than at some other places. Maybe I think of it more from a perspective similar to that of a faculty member. I did actually teach math at UM, but only for a short time.

When I remember my college years, first as an undergraduate and then as a graduate student, it is with great fondness. I guess that fondness extends to other universities as places where students learn and, hopefully, enjoy and thrive. When I say that a university is an almost infinite amount more than its football team, I speak from personal experience.

Another point is that my liking for UM has nothing to do with its reputation. I care nothing for protecting UM's reputation. I am only fond of the reality. I could care less what people think (reputation).

I will say that if you went through school, and all it was to you was a football team, then you missed A LOT.

Advertisement

From the article:

If you want to get into the U as a normal student today you better have a 90+ average, take a bunch of APs/honors courses and get 5s on the exams, and have a 31+ ACT/2060 SAT along with having strong extracurriculars and leadership positions. Obviously those requirements are more flexible if there is an exceptional talent and institutional need or extenuating circumstances (first generation student, underrepresented group, special musical/artistic/scientific/dance/athletic talent, etc).

If JC ran a 5 second 40 no chance he would EVER be admitted with his record. I want Corner help, but not at that price.

Miami is a force in the medical, law, and business worlds. If only the football team would stop embarrassing the school the rep would be even stronger. USD 3Billion+ raised in Momentum and Momentum 2 campaigns is serious. I want to win on the field, but really I want Miami to win in everything.

And with returned respect, is Miami actually in the top lets say 40 in ANY of those?

Like I said, what the schools administration, alums, and locals think of themselves is one thing. What the rest of the country thinks of when you talk about Miami is another.

Do you squat when urinating?

Do you squat when urinating?

Only while dropping heat. I'm not going to say any more about this but when we need to make do with our current corners/other transfers don't act like it is irrational or poor decision making. Coach Richt will do what's right by the team and more importantly the university.

From the article:

From the article:

I agree...keep him on restricted probation. We are a football school winning brings revenue.... all we have to go on.... is a article from a reporter stating JC did the crime without proof so they dismissed the case...if nobody knows the case details from the courts it's all pure speculation.IMO...the evidence in his case coulda been he say she say....who knows? ..bottom line is....JC wasn't convicted of a felony crime....he has a clean slate...no need to stereotype him with hear say....I'm not going to write off a kid based on a reporter trying to piece something together.... can anyone post the ( court records) details of the case?

Advertisement
Back