whatever happened to J.C. Jackson?

I've said it on multiple occasions and I'll say it again. You don't have to believe what I say, but Miami was never recruiting him. I know what he said. I know what the Herald said. But the Canes were never recruiting him
Pat Ivey is the front runner to land the Miami S&C job.

Advertisement
I've said it on multiple occasions and I'll say it again. You don't have to believe what I say, but Miami was never recruiting him. I know what he said. I know what the Herald said. But the Canes were never recruiting him

Exactly. Not enough credibility for me to give that a shred of credence. Too many misses Pete.

Exactly. Not enough credibility for me to give that a shred of credence. Too many misses Pete.
I'm just busting his chops but yeah, it's not like Pete is omniscient. He's been wrong plenty of times.

You're supposed to be better than this, Pete. You know for a fact that Miami was recruiting him in 2013. 'Never' is the wrong word, at the very least.

Accuracy matters.

Advertisement
I think Pete might be hung up on semantics. Clearly there is interest from both sides. The issue here is we want to make sure he graduates and is eligible before we start "officially" recruiting him. Richt is playing it safe here and I don't blame him. The Grim Richter is just laying in the grass waiting for JC to become eligible. When he does The Grim Richter will strike. Richt would be a first class fool not to pursue this kid given his acquittal and our dire need for CB's.

I think Pete might be hung up on semantics. Clearly there is interest from both sides. The issue here is we want to make sure he graduates and is eligible before we start "officially" recruiting him. Richt is playing it safe here and I don't blame him. The Grim Richter is just laying in the grass waiting for JC to become eligible. When he does The Grim Richter will strike. Richt would be a first class fool not to pursue this kid given his acquittal and our dire need for CB's.
That's how I see it as well.

Advertisement
Per Barry Jackson's Herald article today:

"Despite a need at cornerback, UM has decided not to pursue former four-star cornerback JC Jackson (acquitted on armed robbery) or get involved with former four-star Booker T. Washington corner Nigel Bethel (who isn't participating in spring practice at Texas Tech) because Mark Richt doesn't want to bring in players who have had off-field issues, a UM administrator said. Bethel had an altercation with a female basketball player in 2014."

I'm a firm believer in not taking punks on a team. EJ was a manimal, but was very disruptive to the team. He had to go. So if it's Jackson and Bethel are bad characters, then I have no problem with Richt's decision. On the other hand, if they are good kids or reformed kids, then it makes no sense not to pursue them. Many kids change and deserve a second chance. Not all, but many.

Advertisement
I'm a firm believer in not taking punks on a team. EJ was a manimal, but was very disruptive to the team. He had to go. So if it's Jackson and Bethel are bad characters, then I have no problem with Richt's decision. On the other hand, if they are good kids or reformed kids, then it makes no sense not to pursue them. Many kids change and deserve a second chance. Not all, but many.

So what

AQMwouldnt be here and several others. Young cats do dumb ****, they should take jc jackson period

I agree, everyone deserves a second chance. This shouldn't automatically place JC in that category tho...The kid was acquitted which means his record is completely clean from criminal activity. Also, the article still doesn't state who Rumph talked about as a potential Juco db recruit in a recent interview. Again, who is this mysterious Juco db?

Last edited:

So what

AQMwouldnt be here and several others. Young cats do dumb ****, they should take jc jackson period

My point was exactly that "young cats do dumb ****". I agree they should take Jackson if he's not a bad character kid. Same with Bethel who hit a female basketball player who had hit him first. Coaches need to recruit them actively to see if they are or are not "hardened".

Advertisement

So what

i agree 100%

we need guys like this

Per Barry Jackson's Herald article today:

"Despite a need at cornerback, UM has decided not to pursue former four-star cornerback JC Jackson (acquitted on armed robbery) or get involved with former four-star Booker T. Washington corner Nigel Bethel (who isn't participating in spring practice at Texas Tech) because Mark Richt doesn't want to bring in players who have had off-field issues, a UM administrator said. Bethel had an altercation with a female basketball player in 2014."
Didn't he just sign that WR Harris who got kicked out of that prison yard program Old **** for off field issues? If Old Urine kicks you out you can be sure that you were a problem.

Maybe they feel a little more confident in the talent they have on campus already? Not sure. Jackson should be a no-brainer.

Advertisement
Back