What written-off senior will make some noise this year?

Gaines is still just a pup age wise and we'd all be fairly excited about him if he had gotten a RS. He's going to have a good year. How good depends on the work he does in the weight room betwen now and then. He needs to add some mass and strength to bring a little more thump at MLB. He knows the defense better than anyone, and his instincts were much improved. He can't go to the next level without being able to bring it. BTW, I'd be very surprised if they dont move one of Gaines or Kirby outside.

Advertisement
i'd go with Luther Robinson......even though i didnt write him off..a lot on the board did.

Me personally i know what Luther does well......hes a guy that can jump the snap and get off the ball upfield in a hurry......Figuratively an old school um dt....a guy that shoots gaps and disrupts....well when you havbe a guy like that you have to pair him with a space eater type...a guy like Porter or Ivery...

When Luther is in good shape (which i expect this yr in a money yr) if they rotate LESS at dt...he can actually be productive.....i think next to Pierre hes our best pass rushing dt.

Him being BIG and productive in our 3-4 man dt rotation would be impactful...

Om offense imma go with Cleveland...i wrote him off...but he must be solid enough to give us ability to move Dyron Dye back to de as Dye was doing his thing as our blocking te last yr.....Cleveland with 15-20 catches 2-3 tds would be nice.

Advertisement
I think Luther Robinson will be making the most noise this year -- snoring in his locker and sleep farting while empty Big Mac cartons slide off his spherical stomach.

Whoever it is I'll feel a lot better if they come from the defensive side of the ball. I mean if Eduardo Clements goes wild good for him, but it's not like if he doesn't that Miami is going to have to rely on some schlub to make plays.

Advertisement
Probably Highsmith.

I don't think he possesses the athleticism to play in the secondary at this level. Love his attitude, and he's a try hard guy, but he's a black Jeff Popovich back there athletically. There were plays where his lack of athletic ability were glaring, and I doubt that that is something you can work around as a DB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back