What would YOU have said to Dalvin Cook....

Advertisement
His own brother couldn't get him to come here so other than offering to pull Yearby's scholly idk. There was that pic of him in F$U gear with hands full of bills though.

It just can't see how people think that any coach who isn't winning can go toe to toe with Jimbo who is now 11-1 against UF and UM and wins 11 games every year and has a recent ring.

"Hey Dalvin, I know FSU just won the title, and we lost 7 games, but Miami is actually better right now b/c potato..."

I mean what the eff are you supposed to say? You aren't landing the Cooks and Ridleys of the world without having a great product on the field to sell. It's just not happening.

So, when Treadwell, Tunsil, and Nkemdichi signed with Ole Miss, what product did they have on the field?

So your recommendation is to pay the kids? Or perhaps have a "post-first year bump" every year? Or in the case off Ole ****, both.

Tell him he's gonna set records wherever he goes. Say Duke Johnson set the all time UM rushing record in 3 years here. You could do that. Think about it... more yards than Otis Anderson,Edge, Portis, McGahee, Gore. Why not set records and bring a championship home to the U? How great would that be to have all your family and friends at the games watching you make history?
Im dying right now. Seriously? You think that old tired line of **** would actually get a recruit to come here?

HAhahaha i know man. I'd be embarrassed as a coach to even attempt to use that as a selling point, knowing how the player would think im a corny *** loser.

Alright fellas... gimme what you got.

Please come to Miami Mr. Cook. Please?

Showers? CaneScott? You guys have your fingers on the pulse of the recruits, apparently.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It just can't see how people think that any coach who isn't winning can go toe to toe with Jimbo who is now 11-1 against UF and UM and wins 11 games every year and has a recent ring.

"Hey Dalvin, I know FSU just won the title, and we lost 7 games, but Miami is actually better right now b/c potato..."

I mean what the eff are you supposed to say? You aren't landing the Cooks and Ridleys of the world without having a great product on the field to sell. It's just not happening.

So, when Treadwell, Tunsil, and Nkemdichi signed with Ole Miss, what product did they have on the field?

Just stop. Pretty sure they just said that Jimbo's w/l record is second only to urban's. I don't get why people think that everybody in Miami, as well as the rest of the county, really wants to come to UM and if they don't it's because of poor recruiting on our part. These kids grew up watching fsu as well as Miami, and Jimbo has a product to sell, not a bunch of memories. Yeah, Ole Miss has had some real impressive recruiting, but lets not forget that al pulled some nice talent even with s**t on the field. At the end of the day though, Jimbo has much more to sell them. Our only hope now is a good coach that convinces kids to come and translates that to wins on the field.

Advertisement

Just stop. Pretty sure they just said that Jimbo's w/l record is second only to urban's. I don't get why people think that everybody in Miami, as well as the rest of the county, really wants to come to UM and if they don't it's because of poor recruiting on our part. These kids grew up watching fsu as well as Miami, and Jimbo has a product to sell, not a bunch of memories. Yeah, Ole Miss has had some real impressive recruiting, but lets not forget that al pulled some nice talent even with s**t on the field. At the end of the day though, Jimbo has much more to sell them. Our only hope now is a good coach that convinces kids to come and translates that to wins on the field.

Amen kryptonite. It's healthy to be honest with ourselves about every aspect of the program. I don't give a **** how good of a recruiter you are: if your primary competitor has a **** ton more to sell right now, you will lose those battles. Just how it is. It is critical that we win on the field quickly with this next hire. That's the only way we can win back the Cooks of SoFla.

.....to get him to come to Miami?

What would your sales pitch have been to get him to choose us over FSU?

I'll update the OP with the best sales pitches. I'm curious to see how you can shut down SoFla without winning.....

We have a better beach, nightclubs, and our girls won't press charges either.

I'll update the OP with the best sales pitches. I'm curious to see how you can shut down SoFla without winning.....

"Our women don't hit back"

We have a better beach, nightclubs, and our girls won't press charges either.

I mean that's actually what it has come down to at this point. "Coconut grove is dope, you should come to the U!".....Get me a savage who will win with Kaaya and the boys and the fence goes right back up.

Advertisement
Impossible to recruit Cook if you don't know him. I'm a 25 yr old black man I'm pretty sure I would've related to him. Get the kid some wings from his favorite spot hook up the PS4 and beat his *** in Madden while listening to the latest migos mixtape. Then talk **** bout Tallahassee and how real put on 4 they city.

Advertisement
Impossible to recruit Cook if you don't know him. I'm a 25 yr old black man I'm pretty sure I would've related to him. Get the kid some wings from his favorite spot hook up the PS4 and beat his *** in Madden while listening to the latest migos mixtape. Then talk **** bout Tallahassee and how real put on 4 they city.

LMFAO so you think that Dalvin's recruiting hinged on buffalo wings?

And no, my answer isnt "coconut grove bro!"....My answer is there is no answer. You aren't going to beat out teams that are constantly in the playoffs and winning titles when you are losing 6 games for the top kids. It's not happening. Which means.........

The only way you can turn the tide is to do it on the field. Get a great coach, not a Head Recruiter in Charge, and win quickly. It's THE ONLY ANSWER.

Last edited:

So is that seriously how you think it goes? You think these kids are stupid enough to play for the first guy who plays video games with them and buys them wings? I feel like this was some real old white guy's imagined version of "what the kids like".

Straight Ca$h, homie!!!

LMFAO so you think that Dalvin's recruiting hinged on buffalo wings?

And no, my answer is "coconut grove bro!"....My answer is there is no answer. You aren't going to beat out teams that are constantly in the playoffs and winning titles when you are losing 6 games for the top kids. It's not happening. Which means.........

The only way you can turn the tide is to do it on the field. Get a great coach, not a Head Recruiter in Charge, and win quickly. It's THE ONLY ANSWER.

Sure winning is important, and a real coach is a must. But we could have 9 wins this year with a crap staff. How in the world did we ever get 7 nfl quality kids here if winning is the only thing that recruits respond to?

You gotta have both sides of the coin. A great coach will do both.

There aren't a lot of guys out there with a proven record of both excellent coaching and excellent recruiting.

Advertisement
Back