What would YOU have said to Dalvin Cook....

FullyERicht

Thunderdome
.....to get him to come to Miami?

What would your sales pitch have been to get him to choose us over FSU?

I'll update the OP with the best sales pitches. I'm curious to see how you can shut down SoFla without winning.....

Advertisement
Would have told him he could name his own head coach. Couldn't have been worse than Al. Telly or w/e, **** it.

Advertisement
It just can't see how people think that any coach who isn't winning can go toe to toe with Jimbo who is now 11-1 against UF and UM and wins 11 games every year and has a recent ring.

"Hey Dalvin, I know FSU just won the title, and we lost 7 games, but Miami is actually better right now b/c potato..."

I mean what the eff are you supposed to say? You aren't landing the Cooks and Ridleys of the world without having a great product on the field to sell. It's just not happening.

Advertisement
Tell him he's gonna set records wherever he goes. Say Duke Johnson set the all time UM rushing record in 3 years here. You could do that. Think about it... more yards than Otis Anderson,Edge, Portis, McGahee, Gore. Why not set records and bring a championship home to the U? How great would that be to have all your family and friends at the games watching you make history?

Tell him he's gonna set records wherever he goes. Say Duke Johnson set the all time UM rushing record in 3 years here. You could do that. Think about it... more yards than Otis Anderson,Edge, Portis, McGahee, Gore. Why not set records and bring a championship home to the U? How great would that be to have all your family and friends at the games watching you make history?

"Except Miami isn't winning championships right now. FSU is. Why do I care what Duke Johnson did? I'm my own man...."

It's a reaaaaallly lame selling point when your promise is of something that your competitor actually is delivering on.

Advertisement
"You tell me we can win championships.....but then you losin games. Coach Fisher says we can win championships....and just did...."

-- this is what kids like Cook think when you try to sell them on something that is an empty promise.

Not a whole lot to say is there? If you think that recruiting was a weak point with al ask yourself wtf that guy could say when he went into a kid's home. Think about how good a recruiter you have to be to get ANY 4* kids to come to Miami when you can't beat a ranked team and can barely beat the unranked ones.

Advertisement
It just can't see how people think that any coach who isn't winning can go toe to toe with Jimbo who is now 11-1 against UF and UM and wins 11 games every year and has a recent ring.

"Hey Dalvin, I know FSU just won the title, and we lost 7 games, but Miami is actually better right now b/c potato..."

I mean what the eff are you supposed to say? You aren't landing the Cooks and Ridleys of the world without having a great product on the field to sell. It's just not happening.

So, when Treadwell, Tunsil, and Nkemdichi signed with Ole Miss, what product did they have on the field?

Im dying right now. Seriously? You think that old tired line of **** would actually get a recruit to come here?

It's maybe good he didn't come....might have saved Golden's job

He surely saved F$U 5 losses this year.

Watching F$U play, it is beyond a shadow of a doubt to me that there was some back scratching going on between F$U and the State Attorney's Office.

Cook is more crucial to any F$U success than Henry is for Alabama.

UM

.....to get him to come to Miami?

What would your sales pitch have been to get him to choose us over FSU?

I'll update the OP with the best sales pitches. I'm curious to see how you can shut down SoFla without winning.....
. Shalala is leaving

Advertisement
Back