What would it take to turn you

Mcanes305

Recruit
I have surrendered to the fact that Golden and co will be back next year. Facing this reality i have tried to be reasonable and find a glimmer of hope, something to get excited about for next year. What are you doing to stay excited? and what would it take to turn you around for 2015?

Recruiting? I mean, no offense/disrespect to any of the kids coming in but by all accounts this is a mediocre class coming in (when compared to previous classes) and after the last 5 years i just CANNOT get excited about any freshman coming in anymore. Im burnt out from the cycle of the fresh new baby face that will save us.

Spring ball? Im sure i will follow and read the transcripts but who was the last gem discovered at spring ball/the practice field who's practice play translated to actual game play? Lamar Miller maybe?

And then the Season? What will it take to make you a believer? a 5-0 start? 6-0? I hate to say i am so jaded i dont know if anything short of 10 wins will have me thinking "hhmmm, ok Golden DOES know what he's doing"

This year i survived by leaning on Duke. What the sh*t are you guys leaning on for next year? Kayaa? Yearby (seems like a nice kid but no Duke)? the freshmen?

Someone help. This is effing disheartening

Advertisement
The only thing that would help this siutation is Golden and/or Shalala getting hit by a truck while drinking a large glass of bleach.

Win a national championship or drop dead to the big-****ed progrum wrecker from Pedo State.

Excitement? Sorry dude, tbh there isn't jack**** to be excited about. With Golden, we are likely to lose more games next season than we lost this season. NSD is going to be a national embarrassment, and the spring game is going to be a dodgeball tournament.

Only thing that will save Golden is if he get us to a playoff game and even still he won't win back all the fans. It may take him 2-3 years of 11 wins to get everyone off his back. I don't see it happening by the way.

Advertisement
There is no hope or light at the end of the tunnel. Many are going to say we only have 12 more months of Golden, but he's here indefinitely. If they're not going to fire him now, then they never will. I used to want us to land as much talent as possible for the next coach, but it's not like there's any hope that there will be a next coach anytime soon.

We have the most poorly run athletic department in the entire country. The administration is blatantly sabotaging UM football. They openly despise fans of the program and blame us for Golden's recruiting failures, not his propensity for lying to top talent (i.e. Cronkrite) or his pathetic body of work here. Golden is stealing paychecks and won't step down.

It feels so strange to feel hate for Miami, but they've made it come to this. Many loyal fans are going to want to watch their world burn over the next 12 months.

And here we go with Kubler-Ross's 5th stage.

Fck this ****. No-one should be participating in this garbage.

I have surrendered to the fact that Golden and co will be back next year. Facing this reality i have tried to be reasonable and find a glimmer of hope, something to get excited about for next year. What are you doing to stay excited? and what would it take to turn you around for 2015?

Recruiting? I mean, no offense/disrespect to any of the kids coming in but by all accounts this is a mediocre class coming in (when compared to previous classes) and after the last 5 years i just CANNOT get excited about any freshman coming in anymore. Im burnt out from the cycle of the fresh new baby face that will save us.

Spring ball? Im sure i will follow and read the transcripts but who was the last gem discovered at spring ball/the practice field who's practice play translated to actual game play? Lamar Miller maybe?

And then the Season? What will it take to make you a believer? a 5-0 start? 6-0? I hate to say i am so jaded i dont know if anything short of 10 wins will have me thinking "hhmmm, ok Golden DOES know what he's doing"

This year i survived by leaning on Duke. What the sh*t are you guys leaning on for next year? Kayaa? Yearby (seems like a nice kid but no Duke)? the freshmen?

Have your buddy ***** slap you and Stop the F'ing whining. We will be fine. Hopefully our next president can put us over the top... Enjoy the team and sport for what it is.

There isn't anything. The only thing that would revitalize this fan base is the resignation/firing of Golden. That's why the Geo thread blew up like it did. If that doesn't happen, the only reason I'd come here is to vent and release some frustrations about the situation. But right now I just want to stand back from Miami Hurricanes sports right now. Football is at its lowest ever. Baseball still has the cheater A-Rod's name of the ball field. Basketball is falling flat on its face after getting everyone excited. Tennis is probably headed for its fourth straight year of missing the NCAA tournament. It's bad. If someone else has some ideas, I'm open to suggestions. lol

Advertisement
Time to boycott the program. If you give 2 ***** about the future of this program don't do anything that benefits the program in any way, shape, or form.

Like a lot of people on here I got hype as **** when we went on that 3 game winning streak ... We may be an angry mob, but we come around pretty quick

Like a lot of people on here I got hype as **** when we went on that 3 game winning streak ... We may be an angry mob, but we come around pretty quick

GTFOH with this ****.

A 2, 3 or 4 game winning streak would set this program back another 2-3 years.

If you give a **** about this program..you're rooting for as close to 0-12 as possible. That piece of **** administration needs something drastic like that to happen before those clueless ***** will act.

There is no "coming around". Golden is done here...it's just a matter of when and how much more damage he'll do in the meantime.

Advertisement

Have your buddy ***** slap you and Stop the F'ing whining. We will be fine. Hopefully our next president can put us over the top... Enjoy the team and sport for what it is.

What is there to enjoy? The whole point of having a team to root for is the hope that your team will do something worth talking about. I was already on edge about it going into this year, but I feel no excitement going into the season for the first time ever as a fan. As far as enjoying the sport for what it is, sure. Let's just root for teams that are not Miami. I always watch other games, have some interest in teams outside of our own, but they are not my team. By your statement, I could do all of that and not be a fan of Miami which would probably be a lot less of a headache.

In all seriousness though, It's been over 10 years now since we were relevant. We are slowly becoming nothing and we will fade into the background (if we have not already done so). I can't take another 10 years of what we have been seeing and it looks like that is where we are headed.

I was done when I flew in from California for the Va Tech game in 2013 only to sit in a driving rain storm so I could watch the Canes defense literally back themselves down the field all night long. I was DONE!

I had no interest in spending money on the Canes this year, but after the 3 game stretch when we changed our defense I bought back in. I flew in from the bay area for the FSU game. It was a great game environment, almost OB-like. But once again, al golden found a way to lose against a ranked opponent. The next week we came out in the dorito shell scheme against UVA. That was the moment I joined the fire golden bandwagon.

Advertisement
Not getting embarrassed in any games for the first season ever under Al would be a good start. Getting 10 wins for the first time ever under Al would be good as well. Winning the Coastal for the first time ever under Al. Winning the ACC for the first time ever under Al. Winning a freaking bowl game for the first time ever under Al. You get the point.

I do not believe Golden is going to get it done. I have no reason as far as I am concerned to think otherwise. I am doing my part to help change the situation, as much as I am willing, by stopping my annual contribution to this school, and trying to contribute when moments to send a message arise, as small as they are and as little impact as they may have.

All that said, it would make me very happy to find myself at the asian supermarket asking for a whole crow to throw on my traeger, and then bake into a humble pot pie. If golden were to somehow win 10+ regular season games, win the ACC and win a major bowl game I would consider myself "turned" and on board moving forward. I would not rather be bad to be proven right, than good to be proven wrong.

Not getting embarrassed in any games for the first season ever under Al would be a good start. Getting 10 wins for the first time ever under Al would be good as well. Winning the Coastal for the first time ever under Al. Winning the ACC for the first time ever under Al. Winning a freaking bowl game for the first time ever under Al. You get the point.

The start? That would be the end.

The problem is we play a relatively easy schedule...any success that piece of **** has next season easily sets the program back another 2-3 seasons. Root for 0-12 or as close to it as possible

I do not believe Golden is going to get it done. I have no reason as far as I am concerned to think otherwise. I am doing my part to help change the situation, as much as I am willing, by stopping my annual contribution to this school, and trying to contribute when moments to send a message arise, as small as they are and as little impact as they may have.

All that said, it would make me very happy to find myself at the asian supermarket asking for a whole crow to throw on my traeger, and then bake into a humble pot pie. If golden were to somehow win 10+ regular season games, win the ACC and win a major bowl game I would consider myself "turned" and on board moving forward. I would not rather be bad to be proven right, than good to be proven wrong.

+1

Advertisement
Back