What would CMR do..

That's the most egregious part of the direction UM decided to go post Richt.

Thus the reason I truly believe that if CMR wasn't an alum, we would have hired some other unproven cheap option in his place.

Shalala truly was the start of the new destruction of Miami football post 2002, but clearly, free of her influence...it is now clear that the BOT and donors have adopted her football program last philosophy

Donna left in the middle of 2015; Richt was hired end of the year and paid $4M.

Her departure was addition by subtraction—and them some—as you also saw the forever-talked-about IPF come to fruition after her departure, as well as a higher salary for coaches and assistants.

Night and day from her pathetic tenure at UM athletics-wise.

Advertisement
He would retire that's what he would do and step down...he knew he couldn't turn it around and a honest dude stepped down. He vouched for Diaz which this university does they listen to everyone else except the core real UM fan. They listen to the hire Diaz guys let's not listen to the hire Butch guys......alot of the fans deserve this comedy show just for the stupidity.
I thought he'd do well if he could just hire someone to get the O looking better. I'm not talking top 10, but rather top 40 type of O to go with a decent D we already had. The Enos hire was the worst hire, and most expensive, that he could have made. Then he doubles down on stupid and brings us the TD rings. Then participation trophies... God, when does it end? Diaz is the cancer. Just because his D was better than an abysmal O doesn't mean he's HC material. He needs to be managing a sleazy, all male dance club.

We would have a similar record. Maybe he beats FIU. Maybe he beats GT. But he probably would have lost to a Lousville or an FSU or a Virginia. We are who we are.

He'd probably make the team watch him cut the crust off of a sandwich and have Thomas Brown explain why shellfish are evil and homosexual, then continue to run 4 verts. Just a hunch.

I thought he'd do well if he could just hire someone to get the O looking better. I'm not talking top 10, but rather top 40 type of O to go with a decent D we already had. The Enos hire was the worst hire, and most expensive, that he could have made. Then he doubles down on stupid and brings us the TD rings. Then participation trophies... God, when does it end? Diaz is the cancer. Just because his D was better than an abysmal O doesn't mean he's HC material. He needs to be managing a sleazy, all male dance club.
His D has gaping holes that are being exploited and have been since year one...but but but the TO chain. Our fans are basic they fall for this ****.....MD became bigger then the U and that was a problem it clouded there judgement. They always fall for glitz and glammer

Advertisement
CMR is past his prime and retirement or at least time off is needed for him. However he is a good coach. He knows the basics.

Manny looks like he doesn't know the basics. VT, GT, UNC would not have defeated is this year.

His D has gaping holes that are being exploited and have been since year one...but but but the TO chain. Our fans are basic they fall for this ****.....MD became bigger then the U and that was a problem it clouded there judgement. They always fall for glitz and glammer
Our fans falling for it is why James hired him. Period. James saw fans with turnover towels and replica chains and thought, "They will love Manny as HC." Everyone who supported this turnover chain BS after losing out in 2017 should take a long, hard look in the mirror, then slap themselves. Then do it again.

We would most likely be worse. Williams would not be here. Tate would not be here not that it matters. Perry would most likely still be a hot mess. Most likely both are Lbers would have went in the draft and left the defense with zero lb depth. I mean who would we of had playing lb for us. How scary of a thought would that have been. Recruiting would have been horrific. We would bringing in a whole new defensive coaching system. Offense would still suck badly. Recruiting this year would be a total dumpster fire worse then we have ever seen. So as bad as this situation is it would be even worse with Richt still at the helm. JMO .

First you have to assume his son is nowhere near the team. Then you'd have to think about what our offense would be like. Then have another shot.

And that he wouldn’t be trying the Baker/Patke co-DC thing.

Advertisement
Our fans falling for it is why James hired him. Period. James saw fans with turnover towels and replica chains and thought, "They will love Manny as HC." Everyone who supported this turnover chain BS after losing out in 2017 should take a long, hard look in the mirror, then slap themselves. Then do it again.
Yea they basically saw social media and it clouds there judgement. Anyone hiring off that basis is unqualified for the position

If manny was half the man CMR is he will step down. **** even Meyer would fake a heart condition maybe manny can do that

Yea they basically saw social media and it clouds there judgement. Anyone hiring off that basis is unqualified for the position
Honestly, what other reason is there for him bending over backwards to get Diaz here ASAP? I can't think of one.

Thing with Richt, even though he was running an antiquated system on offense, and was stubborn to a T with making wholesale changes, the kids responded to him because he at least brought some cred.

I don't think the kids respect Manny that much. They may like him but they don't really fear him.

Next coach that comes in can't be learning on the job. Has to be a guy with experience with a no nonsense approach.

Advertisement
Honestly, what other reason is there for him bending over backwards to get Diaz here ASAP? I can't think of one.
I can't believe Vilma (I love Vilma) and the SJW crew got my man Diaz a job here and vouched for him. The red flags were everywhere I saw that **** two years before he was hired cause I saw posts that when MR retired we have Diaz posts. There was nothing anyone could do to stop it..... disappointing af in UM fans that fed this disease....it's more like a let down for me that they are unable to see straight cause of blind love and utter hatred for a good candidate. Sucks to be a UM fan they are my worst team in sports and the team I love most. That list includes the trash Giants the trash Knicks the trash devils......all run horribly but UM is the worst of all by leaps

Considering he went 7-6 last year with that prehistoric offense—and a better defense that had Redwine, Johnson, J-Jackson, Willis and M-Jackson—he'd have done worse, or at best the same.

Up and down as Enos has been, he's absolutely had more of a positive effect on Williams and Perry than Jon Richt ever would've had. Period.

And sure, Richt might've beaten GT and FIU ... but also might've lost to Pittsburgh and Virginia. Goes both ways. Let's not act like dude didn't have two four-game losing streaks over three seasons—and didn't lay an egg to a four-win Pittsburgh team in 2017 when the Canes started off 10-0 that season, miraculously.

He left a 7-6 team that got smashed by Wisconsin in the bowl game, 35-3 and had no answers how to improve on that—as he wasn't going to shake up his offensive "staff"—therefore there's zero reason to believe the man goes bette than 7-6 with a depleted defense and the same old garbage offense he trotted out in 2018.

Don’t think you can answer OP question any better than that.

I can't believe Vilma (I love Vilma) and the SJW crew got my man Diaz a job here and vouched for him. The red flags were everywhere I saw that **** two years before he was hired cause I saw posts that when MR retired we have Diaz posts. There was nothing anyone could do to stop it..... disappointing af in UM fans that fed this disease....it's more like a let down for me that they are unable to see straight cause of blind love and utter hatred for a good candidate. Sucks to be a UM fan they are my worst team in sports and the team I love most. That list includes the trash Giants the trash Knicks the trash devils......all run horribly but UM is the worst of all by leaps
Reminds me of when the players demanded Coker to be hired. **** it, don't listen to players, past or present. If you're the AD, man up and act like it. Do what's best for the team, not what makes it easier for you if they fail. A real AD makes hard decisions, not easy ones. Blake James is not a real AD.

Advertisement
Reminds me of when the players demanded Coker to be hired. **** it, don't listen to players, past or present. If you're the AD, man up and act like it. Do what's best for the team, not what makes it easier for you if they fail. A real AD makes hard decisions, not easy ones. Blake James is not a real AD.
Facts

They let friendships get in the way of business

Anyone that says better has to remember the tandem of Banda and Patke would be running the D. I think we would have beaten cmu by more, beat tech and fiu, but ultimately would have lost Virginia, Pitt etc.

I wouldn’t say the D has gaping wholes schematically..but every D has holes. You can’t account for everything. Especially when your not able to do what u do best. Which For us is create negative/no gain plays..I don’t think manny has become “bigger than the U” that’s Bobby Bowden, joe pa, Saban type territory..I have absolutely no problem with the chains, no problem with the dancing and having fun, IF your putting the work in and if guys are accountable and playing hard nose FB. If we didn’t have those things and we had a stoic sideline, would u blame the loss on that? That stuff makes no difference too me.

what happened Saturday: we didn’t create pressure on D, made costly penalties on D and caused no havoc on FIU. FIU got away with a lot of holding. Offensively, our QB played the worst game he has played. 5-15 going into the 4th is as bad as it gets..he was not sharp at all and should’ve thrown 5 maybe even 6 ints!..let that sink in..That 4th and 2 idk what he was doing, all he had to do was run for the pylon, instead he inexplicably turned up the field. We drove the ball down the field 3 times and came away with no points. 3xs manny put the ownership on his offense and 3xs they failed to execute...overall all bro it was a classic team that was feeling themselves and thought they would show up and just be better than FIU..and that starts up top..and by up top I mean at QB and whoever else is in that leadership council. You can not show up like that. It demoralized the whole team. Then start the 2nd half with a terrible pick. Manny has to own this and examine what’s their doing ASAP that cause the disconnect from bye week to game week. Maybe go harder on the bye and prepare like it’s a game week but give them a extra day off..idk how they run things obviously but that clearly needs to looked at and addressed...all in all what I learned is: One: Manny needs to bring in more experience to run the D so he can focus on managing all sides. Two: I’m Not sold on Jarren Williams prep.

Advertisement
Back