What would CMR do..

linesniper

Pastor of Muppets
This abomination that is this season begs the question ---

Would CMR, under the same circumstances as LAST year (read: his coaching style, his staff, etc), post a better record this year?

Not clamoring for the return of CMR, but I dare say he'd'a dun better..

Advertisement
Yes. He beats GT. Yes, he beats FIU. He didn't have to be very good to beat those teams. Just not bottom of the barrel bad.

It will always bother me that Richt gives us a blank check and we go out and buy a lemon.

Yes. He beats GT. Yes, he beats FIU. He didn't have to be very good to beat those teams. Just not bottom of the barrel bad.

It will always bother me that Richt gives us a blank check and we go out and buy a lemon.

Couldnt agree more.

Advertisement
First you have to assume his son is nowhere near the team. Then you'd have to think about what our offense would be like. Then have another shot.

First you have to assume his son is nowhere near the team. Then you'd have to think about what our offense would be like. Then have another shot.

First you need to read my original post. Therein you shall find the answers you seek. Agree or disagree, that's the beauty of an opinion.

Advertisement
Sadly Richt would have blown Butch out, but Manny is garbage so we are exactly where we should be right now.

First you need to read my original post. Therein you shall find the answers you seek. Agree or disagree, that's the beauty of an opinion.
I do get your point and can find nothing wrong with it.

I had been under the impression that much of our offensive problems were due the the offensive line and QB development. Now I have no idea.

But the numbers certainly show better output against better opponents last year.

Advertisement

Would CMR, under the same circumstances as LAST year (read: his coaching style, his staff, etc), post a better record this year?

fck. This is the worst post I've seen recently, and that's saying something.

He would retire that's what he would do and step down...he knew he couldn't turn it around and a honest dude stepped down. He vouched for Diaz which this university does they listen to everyone else except the core real UM fan. They listen to the hire Diaz guys let's not listen to the hire Butch guys......alot of the fans deserve this comedy show just for the stupidity.

Advertisement

Richt was not good here. He probably wouldn’t have taken advantage of the portal so we’d be down our best receiver. He also refused to score above 13 ppg, so really not sure why we’d think richt wouidnt have also **** the bed. Again

That's the most egregious part of the direction UM decided to go post Richt.

Thus the reason I truly believe that if CMR wasn't an alum, we would have hired some other unproven cheap option in his place.

Shalala truly was the start of the new destruction of Miami football post 2002, but clearly, free of her influence...it is now clear that the BOT and donors have adopted her football program last philosophy

Considering he went 7-6 last year with that prehistoric offense—and a better defense that had Redwine, Johnson, J-Jackson, Willis and M-Jackson—he'd have done worse, or at best the same.

Up and down as Enos has been, he's absolutely had more of a positive effect on Williams and Perry than Jon Richt ever would've had. Period.

And sure, Richt might've beaten GT and FIU ... but also might've lost to Pittsburgh and Virginia. Goes both ways. Let's not act like dude didn't have two four-game losing streaks over three seasons—and didn't lay an egg to a four-win Pittsburgh team in 2017 when the Canes started off 10-0 that season, miraculously.

He left a 7-6 team that got smashed by Wisconsin in the bowl game, 35-3 and had no answers how to improve on that—as he wasn't going to shake up his offensive "staff"—therefore there's zero reason to believe the man goes bette than 7-6 with a depleted defense and the same old garbage offense he trotted out in 2018.

Last edited:

...with no juice.

Advertisement
Back