What will the South Florida ballers do now?

grover

Senior
Premium
We have the money, we have a legit winning head coach, we have one of the best staffs in the nation with the deepest ties to the local high schools and high school coaching community.

So is the wall finally going to be real? Do the top kids finally come en masse ? Not just 1 out of the top 5, but 3+, and not just 2-3 of the top 10, but 7+? Do they stay home and not go to Bama, Ohio State, Georgia? Do we sweep whom we want FSU and UF?

Advertisement
I wouldn’t sweat the details. I’m just giddy with what has happened since Mandy left. We are a galaxy away from since then. This is more than I could have asked for, as a U Alumnus and fan for the past 50 years or so. This is the best chain of events since Schnelly and the ‘ship. I’ll take full comfort in knowing we finally have a competent and “adult” coaching staff in place. Let them do their jobs. Sit back and enjoy whatever may come next.

Advertisement
AH and STA kids/parents have proven to be sell outs..let’s see what happens but I’m not holding my breath.

I wouldn’t sweat the details. I’m just giddy with what has happened since Mandy left. We are a galaxy away from since then. This is more than I could have asked for, as a U Alumnus and fan for the past 50 years or so. This is the best chain of events since Schnelly and the ‘ship. I’ll take full comfort in knowing we finally have a competent and “adult” coaching staff in place. Let them do their jobs. Sit back and enjoy whatever may come next.
What’s crazy is how fast this all came together. Gonna hit Fanatics for some new Saturday wear for the family. Like you Grad of ‘87 during the great days. I’m going to enjoy the ups and downs again knowing we will always be prepared.

We have the money, we have a legit winning head coach, we have one of the best staffs in the nation with the deepest ties to the local high schools and high school coaching community.

So is the wall finally going to be real? Do the top kids finally come en masse ? Not just 1 out of the top 5, but 3+, and not just 2-3 of the top 10, but 7+? Do they stay home and not go to Bama, Ohio State, Georgia? Do we sweep whom we want FSU and UF?
Yes they stay home

Advertisement
We are finally spending money and building an extremely solid coaching staff, but the biggest wildcard to me is how NIL will work out.

I know we have an enthusiastic booster right now, but is he going to be willing (or will others join him) in putting up $10M, $20M or more per year for recruiting/keeping kids? That is where recruiting is going and that is what I see as the biggest upcoming hurdle to be one of the top programs.

Advertisement
Disagree. We’re gonna be competing against Bama, Georgia, Clemson for those guys. If we want to consistently win the recruiting battles for 5 stars and elite 4 stars, we have to prove we’re just as good at developing players and winning games. Luckily, I think we’ll do that.
Bruh bama wasn't winning when Saban got there and they were hauling. Good recruiters recruit they don't need monster records. Mario landed Thibbs and them boys were trash. If that's the case we wouldn't get anyone. They put together an elite recruiting staff here that coaches. But make no mistake they splurged and brought this particular staff in to bring recruits. Also if it's all about dubs then why did we beat bama for the IMG TE ? He should of chose bama they win. There is too much holes in this argent about wins when kids choose schools that lose. If every elite kid went to winner than I would agree 100%. Kids choose the staffs that know how to get them to sign and we have that now. If we lose four games this year we will still seeing in a class we haven't seen us land in ages.

Advertisement
There will always be a few that want to get out on their own. But, we should close on pretty much any target we want. All of the past negative recruiting tactics that were used against us are all but gone (Just gotta get a stadium built and attendance up) and we should have it on lockdown. I just can't wait for the day when the only real negative recruiting pitch will be that a player will be buried behind a bunch of other 5* studs.

They will do what they’ve always done, that will never change...

But what has changed is Mario will be able to go National & pull kids from all over.

We will no longer be South FL dependent, the ones that wanna come will, the ones looking for an excuse to go to Bama, UGA, TAMU etc, will still leave.

Advertisement
Back